Our Kickstarter: discuss it here

Started by frvge, April 26, 2014, 02:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

As said in the Information section, we'll start a Kickstarter within a week (unless something really weird happens). You can use this thread to discuss it and to give feedback.

Thanks,

Frank
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Ayac

1. Where will the kickstarter be? (kickstarter.com?)
2. Whats the goal ammount of money?
3. There should be more promotion for the kickstarter. My idea was to ask some youtubers to promote it. I think that FRANKIEonPCin1080p once said in a video that he spent like 1000 hours in SPCT SvM on xbox. Having some gameplay footage would be good for this (what about the trailer you have talkend about in another thread?)

frvge

HI Ayac,

1: it'll be on kickstarter.com, yes.
2: you'll see when it goes live. It's quite a lot of money, but it's already way down from earlier budgets
3: I'm in contact with him :)
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Ayac

Nice to hear.
Have you contact to other youtubers? If yes, who?

frvge

No, I'm not really familiar with them besides pewdiepie. If you know youtubers who would be interested in giving us some exposure, please let me know :)

Ayac

I think Centerstrain01 could be interested. He said that he is more into the stealth genre. Maybe Threatty. There could be more, but most of the youtubers just played the singleplayer and then left the game :-\

dYnAm1c

Oh god please don't dare to contact pewdiepie about your game if you dont want a bunch of 12 year old raging kiddies in your game destroying the hardcore gameplay.

TotalBiscuit is another respectable youtuber who is doing honest reviews, but for him I would wait until a later stage of production. (Altough im not sure if he does multiplayer reviews and he mostly focusses on game production and the idea of the game and less on gameplay.)

AgentX_003

If you want professionalism at its finest and truthfullness I suggest you take a look at rageaholics reviews on the splintercells. Hes a Huge Spies Versus mercenary fan. [http://www.youtube.com/user/xRazorFistx

ie, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1DjGnV5dWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDjhS30-Qms

On top of that then when theres a  release : Euro gamer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIeuRwp-FSY .

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Gaio

Eurogamer seems freindly to indie projects.

Anyway if kickstarter amount of pledge will be high...there should be a big adv compaign....borders must include not only youtube, but gaming sites (coop-related, multiplay, indie, news), social networks.

But, as marketist, I can say that the main problem is a lack of new information: so if random stranger came on your youtube account, or twitter, or even facebook and site - he will see that last posts are dated long time ago, and there is not much of them.  As I see this situation: in this point developers should look on socialization -  make daily posts in social services (even if you're dont have new info, you always can represent something like "tip-of-the-day", it can be not important but interesting to read (in example: did you know that flashlight useful range is nearly 30m?)). Crowd will see that there is text to read, and they will read, and they will subscribe and the will be glad to see any, even not big-deal, notify.

Developers already said that project stealth is "community-driven", so there is one simple truth to understand: if developers will start to speak with crowd - crowd will start to speak with developers.

Sorry for my english..not native one...

frvge

Hi Gaio, thanks for your comments and welcome :)

DU_DeadlyFlops

Anxiously awaiting being able to throw money at this thing.

frvge

dYnAm1c

Wow you guys even already hired a PR company? :oo

Ayac

Did you contact any other youtubers?