Main Menu

Game mechanics

Started by a3c0i3d, August 08, 2007, 05:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawain

dude, i don't feel like slashing every stupid post of yours, i got better things to do.

Farley4Fan

What better things?  Go slash other people's posts?  I think that the only reason you didn't slash my MT post was because you couldn't.  You couldn't find a statement to counter what I said and so you just said I am a spamming idiot.

Please, tell me why my MT idea or suggestion isn't a good idea or what is wrong with it.

InvisibleMan999

The thing with MT is that it can't be both a spy detector and an ultimate aggro-killer. That's just too good.

There has to be some drawback or method of getting past it.

I would think we should do MT gradually based on how fast the spy moves:

-Stationary spy (completely invisible to MT, you don't show up at all)
-Slow crouch (you appear as a red blur, normal post render, low res image).
-normal crouch (as slow crouch, but you get put in a white outline while in merc FoV, no penalty for being outside FoV).
-Running (put in a grey box regardless of if in merc FoV or not.

That way you can sneak past a merc in MT by just waiting for him to turn his back and then moving on crouch or slow crouch. When he turns toward you, you can always just freeze, and you'll be completely invisible.

That might work, I"m not sure. Though it'd still be a bitch to evade someone who cycles their visions regularly, but it's better than the current version we have now.

Farley4Fan

Good ideas, I didn't even think about having different detection images for different speeds.  If the spy was falling or rolling it should be the box detection style.  If the spy was climbing a pole/ladder, shimmying across ledges, or pulling himself onto a ledge then it should be the red blur style.  I don't know if when you are crouching and moving it should be the white outline, maybe just a brighter color of red and less blurry.

Cyntrox

Quote from: Gui Brazil on September 01, 2007, 07:29:15 PM
Quote from: Gawain on September 01, 2007, 06:13:11 PM
Quote from: Gui Brazil on September 01, 2007, 04:04:43 PM
Gawain, stop being a retard already.
i was just posting the obvious.
papa skull postet much spam with no new useful suggestions at all. there's nothing to discuss about it. maybe you guys should learn to read the stuff that has been posted before and in other threads.

Maybe you should learn to live with other people's opinion.

Quit being a prick, really.
I second that and Invisible's suggestion.

Farley4Fan

Hey I didn't want to start a new topic and I didn't know where else to ask this.  But is it going to be possible to do split screen/system link?  Is that even possible on PC anyways?  If it was then I would really love this.  Of course the split screeners would be forced on to the same team at all times and they would move as if they were one person in the lobby but take up two slots.  Does that make sense?