do a search on UBI...

Started by goodkebab, September 23, 2007, 11:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aj

Yep.  I refuse to pay someone to play a MOD.

element54

not just a mod but in any form whatsoever. since i got screwed over on Double Agent i won't ever be buying another of their products.

Spekkio

It's not just Double Agent. All their recent products suck. They have mediocre single player campaigns that still have bugs up the wazoo, they're just less noticeable. Their multiplayer games come out barely playable, and then they patch them to get them as far as beta stability. I refuse to support a company that does business like this. Ubi hasn't had an original idea in about 3 years (since PT came out). They're just riding the money train on butchered sequels. Slap the name "Splinter Cell" on the box and people will buy it, even if it barely resembles the original game in any shape or form. There's a certain irony to Ubisoft having their legal team 'investigate' this project. First, Ubi has been copying ideas from other games for a long time now. SC is a spinoff of MGS, paired with Tom Clancy style high-tech military gear. Second, Ubi has clearly abandoned the PT/CT style SvM in favor of something else.

Cyntrox

Actually, I got to about the 2nd mission in DA. Then I couldn't get any longer: The game was literally unplayable due to bugs. I'm not talking about minor stuff, there was no way to complete the missions.

MulleDK19

Quote from: Aj on September 26, 2007, 07:16:58 PM
Yep.  I refuse to pay someone to play a MOD.

It's not just a mod! It's a Total Conversion! That's basically the same as a full featured game!

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Spekkio on September 26, 2007, 07:54:52 PM
Ubi hasn't had an original idea in about 3 years (since PT came out). They're just riding the money train on butchered sequels. Slap the name "Splinter Cell" on the box and people will buy it, even if it barely resembles the original game in any shape or form.

Well, DA was original. It just totally sucked.

Half their problem is that they keep trying to change things too much. They get too creative with sequels. Instead of just sticking with the premise that got them there, they feel the need to totally remake everything. And we're not just talking about a few graphical changes or balance tweaks, they totally recreate the concept of their games (I mean hell, look at SC:Conviction, wtf is that??!)

Farley4Fan

Have you guys played Halo 3?  It is the exact same formula of gameplay, same everything.  They just tweaked some things, added new features, upgraded graphics and textures and it freaking totally rocks!!  If only Ubi did this with CT's sequel we wouldn't even be here right now!  ;D

B1nArY_001

Quote from: Papa Skull on September 27, 2007, 07:22:15 AM
Have you guys played Halo 3?  It is the exact same formula of gameplay, same everything.  They just tweaked some things, added new features, upgraded graphics and textures and it freaking totally rocks!!  If only Ubi did this with CT's sequel we wouldn't even be here right now!  ;D

I think it was bound to happen. Theres modding for every other game type, why not S.A.M.?

greenday5494

funny thing is... im listening to Name of the Game, the song with the intro of the first SC :D/
Ubi was non-noobi then. now they are pathetic.
GO THIRD-PARTYS!!