merc confusion gadget

Started by Gawain, February 05, 2008, 01:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Ion.67 on February 19, 2008, 11:28:17 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on February 19, 2008, 07:00:12 AM
Like you said Vega, you aren't a good player.  So who the hell are you to say what a good merc would do if he saw one of these things?

He is still better than you. He played the pc version.

Lol, now THAT makes sense.  He's better than me at PC version, but I'll guarantee I'd kill him on console version.  All of you PC elitist assholes can stfu.  That's not pointed at all the PC players, not at all, but all the people that think that PC is the way more superior version than console versions.  Don't act like console sucks when you haven't played it either.  And I don't go to SClamers, so I don't know about all the inside jokes, big deal.  How am I retarded for not knowing an inside joke when I was never there when it started?

What don't you guys get?  Seriously now.  This has got to be the 10th time I've stuck up for console version and its players.  For the last god damn time.

You guys are much better than me at PC version.  I, and other players like Invisible and other console players, are probably much better than you at console version.  It ALL boils down to preferance of controls, other than that, there are few differences that I can point out between the two versions.  I've logged in a few more hours on CT but my xfire thingy doesn't show that for some reason, so I can't really prove it to you.  With 10 hours, plus the month of gametime where I had CT for PC when it came out, I can tell you a few differences:

- Flash bangs are much less effective on PC version than on console.
- A good amount more of motion whores on PC than on console.  Although there are still a bunch of those on console.\
- Controls, of course.
- A bit better snipers on PC than on console, that goes for just plain shooting in general.
- Mercs can turn a bit quicker on PC, but not that much quicker depending on the console players ability to quick turn.
- Spies spam nades a bit more.
- Camo is absolute garbage on xbox live now because if you have a 360 there is a bright green outline around the spy in camo.  It's much more useful on PC.

And some other minor ones.  But does all that really make PC more OMFG elite?  Nah, not really.  It just boils down to preference and you can get used to the differences.  It also depends on the people you play with.  There are few good players who play console anymore solely because of the shiny new games that are out.  Just adjust to the changes.  Different =/= better.

Vega

Quote from: AgentX_003 on February 20, 2008, 03:04:00 AM
and ill add he was good at one point but something something out bla blaa " stopped caring " , then  now is the failure he is today  which = why people say Vega sucks on Sclamers and so on . =/.

Martin you can't honestly think people care about my playing ability.

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 20, 2008, 05:30:01 AM
- Flash bangs are much less effective on PC version than on console.
- A good amount more of motion whores on PC than on console.  Although there are still a bunch of those on console.\
- Controls, of course.
- A bit better snipers on PC than on console, that goes for just plain shooting in general.
- Mercs can turn a bit quicker on PC, but not that much quicker depending on the console players ability to quick turn.
- Spies spam nades a bit more.
- Camo is absolute garbage on xbox live now because if you have a 360 there is a bright green outline around the spy in camo.  It's much more useful on PC.
Don't forget about EAX. That one is huge.

Gawain

i'd bet money that vega can play better than agent and that both will always play better than papaskull. but who cares? if there's one point of this discussion, it's that papaskull should realize that when better players reject an idea repeatedly he should stfu and not go on spamming the same shit over and over again just because the idea sounds fancy.

Gui Brazil

Quote from: AgentX_003 on February 20, 2008, 03:04:00 AM
and ill add he was good at one point but something something out bla blaa " stopped caring " , then  now is the failure he is today  which = why people say Vega sucks on Sclamers and so on . =/.

Atleast he's fun to play with?

Vega

Guys, we're just dropping this altogether.  This has gone on long enough. 

neth

You guys still remember what was this topic about, cause now youre discussing about: "pc vs consoles" and "What does it mean that vega sucks and does he really ?"

frvge

K, locked. If you want to continue to discuss another form of a Merc Confusion Gadget than the holopod, please make a new thread.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.