Our Kickstarter: discuss it here

Started by frvge, April 26, 2014, 02:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto1223

I just backed Project stealth with the 25 Euro package!

I would like to see you guys (PS Dev team) MUCH more enthusiastic and optimistic about this however. I would like you guys moving around more on Youtube. Make a Youtube channel and have some kind of blog. Video responses to questions or simply self-introduction videos so that the fans "get to know the devs on a more personal level".

You guys need to be more Machiavellian about this whole thing, like all big companies. See how star citizen posted a lot of emotional appeals all over the internet about shit like "Hello, I am the development team leader and I am a family man..." "These are my hobbies..." "And this is why you can trust us in developing this game" "This is why developing this game is important for the future of online gaming in this genre"

Write some notes about why people should play your game, why there is a need for this game in the online gaming world, why there may be a lack of interest in this genre (ubi failures) in online gaming.
Why are you doing this?
Why is it important?
Why should people trust this project and development team?

Present this as a promotional Youtube video!

(Don't mention anything about 7 years of development! This sounds quite bad to the newcomers! Believe me!!! DO NOT DO THIS)

If you guys truly want this project to succeed you must begin to act like a real company, even though you guys may not feel that way yet. You must be more active in presenting a positive image of yourselves to the world.

Just my two cents of constructive criticism...

YOU MUST  have Linus Tech Tips or Linus Techquickie (youtube channel) make an ad about you (very cheap ad with high level of viewers!)

There is also Joanne Tech Lover she used to work for NewEgg, she recently started working on her own, so she needs help expanding her Youtube channel (she already has quite a big Newegg user fan base) she is very down to earth. YOU MUST CONTACT HER TOO!

DO IT NOW! NOT NEXT WEEK! AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

RaDRoacH

Quote from: AgentX_003 on May 25, 2014, 07:20:51 AM
Monday ? No. It has to be sooner then that, Rad roach is right you only have 27 days so the sooner you act the better , because each day you don't act you lose peoples interest .
+1 Today it's the day! Go on and update those pages frvge.

I saw Centerstrain01 playing SCDA and SCB multiplayer so I tried to send him an email about the kickstart, I hope he will accept to make a video about it.

Can someone please translate this well? It looks like an attack against project stealth :/ http://www.factornews.com/actualites/project-stealth-n-arrivera-probablement-pas-a-infiltrer-kickstarter-38916.html Yea, i think they are saying "Project Stealth will fail because ubisoft will release another splinter cell game in the next year, with Spies vs Mercs included" , seems like they don't know that ubisoft isn't supporting Blacklist anymore and they do the same with every game.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

NeoSuperior

Why so quiet? Guys! Show something! Say something! I know you guys have to do lots of things but still, it would be nice if the dev team showed something. 10% of the funding time is over, but we don't even have 2% of the funding goal yet! I want to see...... something!

Come on guys. Please just tell me that the PR-gears were a bit blocked because of temporal RL-issues which were resolved a few moments ago and that shit is about to hit the fan!

I agree with Roberto here. You have to show more presence, you must not look like people who just want to stay in the background and create the game, but you should instead EMBRACE the "COMMUNITY-DRIVEN" aspect here!
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

I got laid off at work and got a badly-timed gig to do lights for a festival with 200 visitors which took 20+ hours of my time last weekend. Now I'm working with HR to be let go ASAP so I can focus on PS again. Also, my PC is being a *$%&$ by giving me blue screens of death :(

Soooooo we're working on it. The offcial press release has been released today. Yay.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

RaDRoacH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmklDJw2EXo

woow. The chaff effect is really fantastic! Better than the one in the trailer! Also the running animation isn't bad too.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

dYnAm1c

Quote from: RaDRoacH on May 27, 2014, 12:25:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmklDJw2EXo

woow. The chaff effect is really fantastic! Better than the one in the trailer! Also the running animation isn't bad too.

Oh nice the movement definitly looks much better than what we saw before, good to see some improvement there and the chaff effect really also looks quite good.

Roberto1223

I contacted Joanne Tech Lover, she said she may mention it in her next Vlog.

She said the game looks good, but that it might be hard for her to talk about something she hasn't tested out.

She told me to let her know when there is a some kind gameplay test so that she can try it out (she usually streams her gaming via Twitch TV so it should be a good idea to let her have beta access or whatever.)

NeoSuperior

Quote from: Roberto1223 on May 27, 2014, 09:29:26 AM
I contacted Joanne Tech Lover, she said she may mention it in her next Vlog.

She said the game looks good, but that it might be hard for her to talk about something she hasn't tested out.

She told me to let her know when there is a some kind gameplay test so that she can try it out (she usually streams her gaming via Twitch TV so it should be a good idea to let her have beta access or whatever.)

Well... according to the kickstarter page the Beta would in September... IF the funding succeeds that is...
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Roberto1223

Linus Tech Tips email (business inquiries only): LinusTechTips@gmail.com

I refrained from contacting him since I can't "do business" with him directly.
I believe he charges pretty much only like 20 dollars for a sponsor ad, which is very cheap and has very very high exposure (trust me). Project stealth must invest 20 dollars.

I contacted Nixie Pixel (No response yet) but I told her that there is potential for this community developed game to be transferred to Linux (once ported to Mac OS) and hopefully that will motivate her to mention this game in her next video!

frvge

UE4 can export to Linux, yes. Support is getting better.

Roberto1223

I also posted a thread about PS in the Star Citizen forum!

I'm starting to run out of ideas! We need more help!

We need Google to show PS when people search generic keywords like "spy versus merc"

I search Spy versus merc and I only get splinter cell results in the Youtube hits.

We need to find a way to make Project Stealth appear on Google search with broader terms. The only way to make Project Stealth appear on Google is to search "Stealth action multiplayer" "Project Stealth"

Frvge, you must add the "Spy versus merc" "SvM" "Spy vs Merc" "Spy vs. Merc" and maybe even "SCCT" or "Splinter cell" tags to all of the Project Stealth YouTube Channel videos.

PS must get more search hits!!!

NeoSuperior

I agree. I think if PS would be known enough, we would get the funding done, even though the opions are split in black & white (i.e. some totally dislike this idea while others praise it to the highest heights) over this project. But that is exactly the problem. We must reach the "everyday gamer" somehow to find those seeking a hardcore game like PS. The good thing is that PS is not a no-brainer, but it does not hurt the project if the kiddies don't support the project, because they don't own a credit card (though I cannot exclude the possibility that some kids can make their parents support a project, like they make them pay for their WoW account for example). However the kiddies are those who usually spread the word very fast around the globe, so not having that is quite a problem to get well-known or even popular.

I just feel like suddenly when the project started, the dev team is either throwing out footage to show, but neglecting to actually get an audience for that footage. Wasn't there an "external PR firm"? Did they start working yet? Because to be honest I don't see any greater effects yet. Granted, I didn't donate yet either, but I will still have enough time to do that after my early exams. The point is that PS will never reach its funding goal if most people don't even know of the existence of Project Stealth. And even from the people who know Project Stealth... they may not know that the kickstarter started!

- Mike Godwin

dYnAm1c

If something must happen it should happen fast, the Kickstarter is already around 16,000$ behind its schedule.

Roberto1223

I see that there is a very poor understanding of how Kickstarter works.

We must emphasize to the people that their money is not taken until the kickstarter ends only if the goal is met.

Neosuperior, you must back PS NOW. Why? Because the more backers there are, the more promising the project looks.

Yes, the progress is slow, and the probability is low, but you have nothing to lose! And, if newcomers get the sense that this will not succeed then they will not bother to back PS.

They must understand that their money will not be taken in the worst case scenario in order to motivate them to donate.