First steps at modelling in 3Ds Max

Started by puuusianka, July 18, 2011, 07:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meathead

that could mean a lot of things :P....I thought it was a picture tutorial or something as in this is how I do my first steps in max from the creator of the thread

Pusianka

So what led you to the assumption that it's a proffesional work for PS? Don't answer, silence will be more welcome. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

NeoSuperior

Quote from: Meathead on January 03, 2012, 05:49:28 PM
that could mean a lot of things :P....I thought it was a picture tutorial or something as in this is how I do my first steps in max from the creator of the thread

Quote from: PS ForumsPresentation Forum
Here non-devs can post artwork for constructive criticism.

Well meat it's the first time i hear that "non-devs" like ChLieW are working on Project Ptealth.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Pusianka

Anti troll don't push it, he already got it.

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

ChLieW

Recently made prop. About 300-400 poly as far as i remember.
My PC :
cpu:Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3 GHz
motherboard: MSI P67a-G45 (b3)
ram modules: 2x kingston hyperx 4gb 1600 mHz
gpu: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 by Gigabyte
hdd: some old SATA II WD 250 GB :)
psu: OCZ Stealthxstream2 600W

Dreadstunlock: "You've got crappy hardware"

oh rly ?

frvge

Not bad. Add some normals for the grating and maybe a specular/gloss map and you're done. (lower texture density of the handlebars)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

ChLieW

The bigger problem is that i have issues with lighting, even when i add the 2nd uv channel and have no overlapped or inverted pieces.I'm more concerned on it than on normal/specular because i have no probs with creating them.
My PC :
cpu:Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3 GHz
motherboard: MSI P67a-G45 (b3)
ram modules: 2x kingston hyperx 4gb 1600 mHz
gpu: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 by Gigabyte
hdd: some old SATA II WD 250 GB :)
psu: OCZ Stealthxstream2 600W

Dreadstunlock: "You've got crappy hardware"

oh rly ?

Farley4Fan

Pusianka

Quote from: Farley4Fan on January 16, 2012, 12:17:32 AM
I want to put a bomb on that.

Hym quite interesting approach. Does it show in your mind whenever you see an electric box? Have you considered consulting someone on that? Just curious...

- Hit it."

Farley4Fan

I once had a therapist for these urges, but then I bombed him too.

(Btw guys, this is my last post in forever.  Well, almost forever.  First one to spot my 5000 post gets a prize!)

nubishdubishbone

Quote from: Pusianka on December 22, 2011, 11:35:23 AM

Ok, so this big piece on the right is an unwrap of a roof (shaped like a cone). Any ideas how to texture it with a roof tiles texture so that it perfectly fits the shape?(Photoshop users)

us layers and erase tool, it will be your best weapon.
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

Pusianka

thx but its ehm a little OLD thing now...

- Hit it."