Main Menu

Leelu - forum moderator

Started by .leelu12., May 18, 2008, 06:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, i was wondering if you thought it would be a good idea for me to become a mod?

Yes
4 (23.5%)
No
13 (76.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

.leelu12.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}

LennardF1989

In my opinion it would be a be it unfair, since even we (I and all other devs, except MR.Mic, Goodkebab, frvge and MacBryce) don't have moderating rights, while we would be perfectly capable of doing that our own... this is different on the forum of an other project I work on now and then, where all devs just have moderating rights (note: not superadmin rights, just move/lock/delete/edit etc. powers).

No offense ofcourse ;)

.leelu12.

np  just eager to join in  :-[
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}

Zedblade

considering most of the Dev team don't have Mod rights, I doubt we will give them to a non-dev member. Thanks for the interest... but no.

goodkebab

to be fair....even the people with mod rights use it very little.

Doesnt mean we are lax....Frvge  and I seem to be the only ones actually doing any moderation.  But both of us  believe in a moderation by peer pressure ethic.  I dont keep up with the garbage though...but if it is reported to me or is destructive to the topic I usually clean things up.

frvge

The current way of modding is enough. Peer pressure, and being lenient. There are no rules, except my nerves. Which is of course 100% subjective. However, I allow a lot. Definately more than most forums. If I'm too much into something, I pass it to kebab ;). On top of that, there's always the poll to get unwanted members out.

So basically: everyone here is 18+ or can behave like that. Which is why there's no censoring of profanity. Unless it's aimed at a person. Heated arguments are allowed. Don't like it? Get a thicker skin, because it's t3h int3rw3b5. But... when you cross my line, which shifts depending on how much I like you, your contributions to PS etc, I step in and wreak havoc! With dismemberings and stuff. Yeah, like that :indiff: .

So anyway, there are enough mods for the current way of modding. Thanks for your interest tho ;).

*waves his magical wand to close the thread* (note: will be opened sooner or later. I don't like locked posts)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.