Professional sound designer wants to help out

Started by BASIC, September 18, 2008, 02:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BASIC

Hello all

Your mod looks fantastic. I love stealth games, and I love UT3.
So I was hoping you could use some help in the sound department. I understand you have a composer on board, which is great, cause that is not my forte. But it is unclear if you already have someone who is keen and experienced in creating sound effects.

I work as a sound designer and audio editor in the games industry. I'm always on the lookout to join mods such as yours that show a high standard of quality, so that I can extend my portfolio. Due to the nature of my work I possess a huge library of stock sounds which I can use in creating any desired sound effect.

If you guys need someone like me, please let me know and we can take it from there.

A little bit more about myself, my name is Daan, 27 years old, Dutch, living in the UK.
As far as my experience goes, highlights would be voice processing for a World of Warcraft localisation, lead post production engineer on localised dialogue of Fallout 3, and recently completed sound design work on a yet to be announced multiplayer game published by Ubisoft. I studied Audio Design (bachelor's degree). Also I worked for a year as a games tester, which is always useful.

I need to update my portfolio with my most recent work, but have a look nonetheless: http://www.humanworkshop.com/daan

All the best!
Daan

goodkebab

Thanx for the application Daan!

We will certainly take it seriously.
   We will still need to discuss internally about adding new team members.   It is true that we already have a composer/musician creating soundtracks,  but as your skills are specifically special effects we may indeed have need for you.   We DO have a sound effects guy so we will have to discuss with him if he can benefit with some help.

frvge

Hey,

Our Sound-team has a small test:

Create soundscapes (without music) for Clip 1 and Clip 2 using approaches that best demonstrates your ability as a sound designer.  We're looking for creativity, quality, mixing ability, originality and general professionalism.

Let us know how you contructed the sounds, what was your intention of employing the techniques that you used, and please include information of your DAW.

Clip 3 is optional, feel free to add soundscape to it if you like.

The video clips - http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=94f70edcfe3238a3d2db6fb9a8902bda (10MB total)

Good luck :)

edit: if you've got questions or comments, please contact Theodore W via a PM or just post it here :)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.