Main Menu

scct versus

Started by theDuke, April 18, 2010, 01:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theDuke

and the way it was..was great.
Get rid of some things, a few new moves here, some new gadgets there and the community would have had a an excellent game within a year.

It seems that project stealth is leading to nothing. I hope you can prove me wrong.

Farley4Fan

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure the dev team is putting their best efforts in to prove you wrong.

I heard like half the dev team got pregnant and had to delay some of the work.  They aren't used to their stomachs accidentally pushing buttons on their keyboards, well, some already were. 

From what I've heard the development is just sort of on a plateau right now.  Some things are getting done, some aren't, but the people still remain devoted to getting it done eventually.  Some dudes have been busy.

The community will hunt the devs down and do....things...to them if they give up on the project -so I seriously doubt they will.

theDuke

That's fine I just wanted to know how things are, also if there's going to be a cheeky playable beta in 2010.
Don't get me wrong I'm excited about this, I'm just worried that it is getting people's hopes up for years without a result.

AgentX_003

Quote from: theDuke on April 18, 2010, 03:38:52 AM
That's fine I just wanted to know how things are, also if there's going to be a cheeky playable beta in 2010.
Don't get me wrong I'm excited about this, I'm just worried that it is getting people's hopes up for years without a result.

well thats fine and dandy, but also I think what's also best is tell people you know who may have skills in modeling programming ect. i mean every little bit helps.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Farley4Fan

lmao @ agent's post and avatar text combo

Spekkio

Quote from: theDuke on April 18, 2010, 03:38:52 AM
Turns out that it's tough to get teenagers to commit to a long term project, particularly when they're not getting paid for it.

Honestly, when this all started I thought that it would never come to fruition for that reason alone. But there have been a couple dedicated people on the team who have found replacements. It's slow, but it looks like there will be something playable in the near future.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: Spekkio on April 18, 2010, 04:51:11 PM
Turns out that it's tough to get teenagers to commit to a long term project, particularly when they're not getting paid for it.
Just wait until summer comes.  Then teenagers have more time to work on it because school is not in the way.  ;)

frvge

School? Oh, that wonderful period in your life without having to work extra because a customers needs his stuff done? xD.

We're releasing some screenshots hopefully somewhere this week. I hope that soothes the wait a bit :P
And yes, 2010 will have a release, be it beta or 'final'.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

OMG SCREENSHOTS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

These better not be the screenshots of the spy/merc asses that Agent and kokfan requested.  (Love u gaiz)

Zijn

Better to take it slow and get it done right, than rush it to make people "happy" to later come back and complain. Everyone wants it done - we want something everyone can be proud of.

Little Baby PiG

Quote from: Zijn on May 11, 2010, 02:19:48 PM
Better to take it slow and get it done right, than rush it to make people "happy" to later come back and complain. Everyone wants it done - we want something everyone can be proud of.

true, take your time on the game and make it great, dont rush it just to make some happy, oh and sorry for all the crap post's last night, i just cant wait for project stealth

AgentX_003

Quote from: Little Baby PiG on May 11, 2010, 05:28:45 PM
Quote from: Zijn on May 11, 2010, 02:19:48 PM

true, take your time on the game and make it great, dont rush it just to make some happy, oh and sorry for all the crap post's last night, i just cant wait for project stealth

don't just appologize to zijn , i think you own an appology to frvge as well as he does host this forum / site , if you really want get into the heart of things. Now im not here to act as a moderator im just spillin facts.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Gawain

i'm kinda worried that with such a long waiting period between ct versus and ps, there won't be much of the vets around, which kinda was the original target group and made this community feel like home. guess we have to start over again and pull our rl friends into ps... ;D

MulleDK19

Quote from: Rambo on May 12, 2010, 11:20:55 AMi'm kinda worried that with such a long waiting period between ct versus and ps, there won't be much of the vets around

"Veteran" doesn't necessarily mean "extremely old".

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

frvge

Agent is our living contact book. xD
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.