Advertiser / Idealist

Started by AgentX_003, June 30, 2007, 05:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

Hmm I dunno if this would be any help to the Team but ive played splintercell since pandora and like to contribute ideas and so forth to game play etc and also Help people who havent heard the word of Project Stealth to get an insight of what they are missing :).

side note : already have done things on the side but just throwing this out there because id like to become an official pro-active member of the project.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

iservealot

What are you waiting for then? Go spread the word. Make sure to tell all your scriptor friends they are more than welcome to come around.

frvge

Thanks for the offer. Check the site to stay up to date. When enough people have signed up, we're going to assemble the actual team. In the meantime you can chat in the public discussion about the game. Don't forget to spread the word. We still need more developers.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

goodkebab

Ideas are a dime dozen,  and is not actually what we need right now.  We need people to impliment the ideas, and skilled ones at that other wise there is no point in coming up with ideas.

So yeah, spread the word....post wall papers and links on other forums...do what you can.

deathcrow666

Excuse my noobness can some one please give me some insight what exatly is PS?

frvge

Project Stealth is a Total Conversion Mod for Unreal Tournament 3, using the Unreal Engine 3.
There'll be two teams, Spies and Mercenaries. Spies need to get objectives, while playing in third person, and Mercs need to make sure the Spies don't succeed, while playing like a normal FPS with additional gadgets.

Spies are the fast, acrobatic type, while Mercs have firepower and security systems at their purposal.

Both Spies and Mercs have gadgets to aid them in their objectives.

Spies tend to be more sneakish/stealthy. Mercs play a more aggressive role.
Together this forms the Stealth Action Multiplayer genre. A relatively new genre, that's also been used in some other games. We try to optimize/enhance things, creating a similar, but still different-by-design gameplay-experience, because of our own code, textures, maps, models, sound, music and other gameplay-affecting decisions, based on tens of thousands of hours of experience with the aforementioned games.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

deathcrow666

So simaler to another game (SCPT and SCCT this was not said do not read :P ) well id like to be apart of this team in any wat possible i love games like this, They take actule skill to play

Farley4Fan

I could make Project Stealth Signatures for anybody who wants them for advertisement.  Make sure they atleast have a splinter cell background before you invite them to the forum though.  I have invited a few, including some that I regret ( spy interrogation room anyone? he was invited by me lol )

Anyways, we shouldn't get this to where we make trailers since this is a low scale game right?  We don't want Ubi to get too pissed we are stealing their customers, although that would be awesome lol

deathcrow666

I'd like one I"ll use that on all the forms I'm registerd too lol

Bionic-Blob

Quote from: Papa Skull on September 25, 2007, 04:17:24 AM
I could make Project Stealth Signatures for anybody who wants them for advertisement. 

if they're anything like your current signature, you can keep it :| (ie. brushed to hell and back)

Gawain

the problem with advertising is that noobs will spam this forum just like the ubi forums. i think every pt/ct vet knows about it and that's enough. there's only a point to advertise in the game/mod developer scene, and this has already been done.
probably advertising ps would be awesome in a later state of development, but with a link to another page.

Gui Brazil

More people isn't bad gawain. Say whatever you want about noobs, but don't forget that you have been one someday and you had the same doubts that they do now. People don't get born "vets".

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Gui Brazil on September 25, 2007, 06:25:33 PM
People don't get born "vets".
qfe
Also, i noticed that when you make a "I TRAIN NOOBS" server, some of them actually get better within these 20 minutes - not so hard to teach a noob, huh?
Yeah i know they won't go pr0, but at least they will get some fun of the game they bought.

Gawain

Quote from: Gui Brazil on September 25, 2007, 06:25:33 PM
More people isn't bad gawain. Say whatever you want about noobs, but don't forget that you have been one someday and you had the same doubts that they do now. People don't get born "vets".
i just think it's too early to get more people on this forum. and of course, i'd like to see a larger player base. but the right way to do so is showing it to the public when it's already playable and kickass, and above all by making a really great tutorial and implementing a good replay function...

Farley4Fan

The current sig I have is garbage.  It is a really oold sig that I threw on here because someone was complaining about the size of it.  They are much better now...  Here is one that I recently did.  Think of PS renders with this style and quality, then throw a link on them and advertise lol

BTW did anyone else ever play far cry?  classic game.