Look what i found on the net!

Started by goodkebab, December 09, 2006, 11:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlamingGimp

I wasn't actually criticizing it, I like the art direction on it, it was intended as more of a 'this is what I notice, is this what you intended?' type of question.

psyichic

I understand what you are saying about the mattery it just looks kinda oddly placed on his neck. It seems like it would really limit his ability to look around. Maybe if it was positioned more across the chest or the back? Also I was talking about reducing the size of what looks like the power cable leaving the battery. It just seems too big for todays electronics standards.

seefoo.

hi!  i like to say gj man i love your concept arts.  i looked at this one and the spy again with my hawaii friend (on xfire voice lols).  we both like the spy.  the merc though i think needs ear coverage.  my friend says:  knee pads look a little weak.  cover ears again.  the merc looks like cross between gijoe and road warrior.  bottom 1/2 of body looks too plain compared to top 1/2 where its all alien crazy.  more solid and buff.  steel tip boots are the rox!  take that thing off his helmet.  weird gloves.   i am stoned cant finish.

bye

goodkebab

wtf...thats funny seefoo

damn hawaiin stuff is legendary i hear

i am modelling the spy right now...doing the hi poly part for the normal mapping

will keep all the crits in mind as i model the merc

Kurbutti

Helmet looks good. The red visor there should be a bit more "straight", right now it looks a bit too "built in", if you konow what I mean. I'm missing the words, you see.  To cover the ears, I'd suggest we bring in something similar to this: http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/navigation/peltor/

As you can read there, these modern hearing protectors adjust according to the environment's noise level automatically, and even sharpen your senses when in a more quiet area. So, in my opinion, we needed something to cover theri ears. I'd like to have an open face, but for those who like to haul their motorcycle helmet along should be only, when they have the gasmask.

I don't really mind this power cable-thing there. Sure it could be thinner, but for the sake of ergonomic balance, the battery itself should be carried on his back, to compensate with the weight of the equipment held in the front puches of the vest. From the back, we could have cables going for his helmet as well as his falk vest, belt, legs, where-ever we want.

Hm, the shoulder pads look too big, plus they seem to limit your hand flexibility as well... we can keep them, but they should be smaller, more "ergonomically" designed.

Belt seems fine, but to ensure better weight carry capacity if should be wider and stockier at the sacrum, or the lumbar region of his back, whatever term suits the best.

Legs look good enough, although a thigh holder for a sidearm would look great (assuming there are going to be sidearms) Left thigh would be open for some other, maybe selectable equipment, or for combat knife perhaps?

I don't mind the knee pads, but I tihnk ALL the pads should look somehow similiar, as it they were from the same manufacturer.

Boots look great, there's nothing to add, really.

I don't even care to start talking about his weapons.

Oh well, that's what I think.

Daybreak

Well it looks like kebab had completed the spy, and if your put this merc beside the spy he's created. The spy looks years ahead of the merc.
Obviously the merc will be a little bulkier however I still think that it should be stream lined and a little more futuristic. Our spy looks fantastic and from the future, but not too far. The Merc should be similar.

Then again, it depends on the history of the Merc. Are they Mercs? are they mall cops for hire? Or are they trained ex-military with their own underground supply of weapons? Corprate or blow shmoes?

goodkebab

after finishing the spy...the merc will see some re-working   i have an entirely new and wicked idea for the visor