Main Menu

XBox Noobs

Started by DarkDragonbane, August 31, 2008, 08:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkDragonbane

Okay Im tired of all these nubs clutterin up mah serverz. Im going to assume everyone here on these forum is good (or at least knows that theyre doing) so Im posting this thread as a sort of role call for Xbox players and perhaps we could get a few games rollin. So whos with me?
HowlinTerror on Xbox Live.
Lets settle this, Spy to Mercenary.

Kodadog

wrong. freeman, papascull, and zedblade are complete nubz  :-[

LennardF1989

These kind of topics scare new players (and thus target audience as well) away. Please don't make them. Please...

In theory, in PS, everyone will be noob.

I <3 U

Quote from: Kodadog on August 31, 2008, 10:16:16 AM
wrong. freeman, papascull, and zedblade are complete nubz  :-[

I don't think i've got the xbox version anymore. I might be mistaken though. Would be a blast trying it on xbox again.

I <3 U

Quote from: LennardF1989 on August 31, 2008, 11:24:03 AM
These kind of topics scare new players (and thus target audience as well) away. Please don't make them. Please...

In theory, in PS, everyone will be noob.

Agreed. Everyone, apart from the devs maybe, will be noob to begin with.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

AND the (alpha?) beta testers.

Ion.67

We should all be alpha testers in my opinion. You know how when you write a speech, and then read through it, you can't find many mistakes, because it is your own? Same thing here. We could provide a lot of input.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Ion.67 on August 31, 2008, 05:22:00 PM
We should all be alpha testers in my opinion. You know how when you write a speech, and then read through it, you can't find many mistakes, because it is your own? Same thing here. We could provide a lot of input.

I kinda disagree only a select few should be able to beta test it , because some may not be mature enough

to report  glitches or have the eye for detail that may occur in the test. I believe though,  Westfall,

Noisewater, Ion67, myself ,spekkio, lochang, snakebit , Solidius Snake , just to name a few ( i do have others but htat would take to long ) would be the right candidates

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

IMO alpha should be closed, while leaving beta open. This would give best results imo.

frvge

We might be hiring some pros in game testing to do the alpha and beta testing. Sorry.

j/k. We'll make up a good plan when we're closer to alpha.

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

I <3 U

Quote from: AgentX_003 on August 31, 2008, 05:58:26 PM

I kinda disagree only a select few should be able to beta test it , because some may not be mature enough

to report  glitches or have the eye for detail that may occur in the test. I believe though,  Westfall,

Noisewater, Ion67, myself ,spekkio, lochang, snakebit , Solidius Snake , just to name a few ( i do have others but htat would take to long ) would be the right candidates

Who gave you the right to dictate the alpha testers.. and not mature enough? Please. Everybody who is on the forum, cares about PS so obviously all will report any bugs / glitches if they come across any. Thats why there are always bugs in games, not enough people test them & find them all. Im sure furge or someone will make a bugs section on the forum or something so there is some sort of system in place, as to bug fixing etc & by giving it to such a small group of people, who YOU consider "mature" enough to report bugs is bound to piss everybody else off. This is coming from the dude who makes flame thread because papaskull won't play with him... Oh and where is papa these days?

/rant.

DarkDragonbane

Don't mean to intrude here but this thread is just a request for some Xbox players to hook up to get a game. Unfortunately the off-topic thread was created after this thread so I had no where else to put it. Maybe it could be moved or locked or something. I don't understand how all this talk of alpha/beta popped up.
HowlinTerror on Xbox Live.
Lets settle this, Spy to Mercenary.

frvge

Moved at the request of the topic starter to the still new Off-Topic forum where it fits better than in the PS category :)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

B1nArY_001

Quote from: AgentX_003 on August 31, 2008, 05:58:26 PM

Eye for detail - Elaborate. If you are talking about errors in mapping or modeling ... well we have people staring at these models and maps for hours on end and in the process of constructing said maps and models we become quite familiar with the smallest details; it is highly unlikely a tester will notice something we are unaware of. We are not a large company in a rush to meet a deadline and as such we are unlikely to make the mistakes in prop placement or level construction you might have seen in other beta games.

Report glitches - So let's say we have 50 testers who report glitches and 10 testers who don't. Assuming those 50 that are reporting glitches don't see one of the glitches that those 10 do see; we are in no different of a situation than if those 10 who didn't report weren't testing. Now let's say we have one of those 50 witness one of those 10 abusing or experiencing a glitch then we have just benefited from those 10 non-reporters. There is nothing to lose.

I don't particularly have an opinion on the matter at the moment but your argument is 100% groundless and displays the very immaturity you are saying isn't beneficial in some people who might be testers.

You Sir, fail!  ;)

Edit: And how did this even become the topic when this thread is about xbox players?

I <3 U

It was cockfans fault. No, it actually was.