Rocamadour...

Started by puuusianka, June 29, 2011, 10:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comicsserg

looks interesting  :D but I think it's too dark
Nevertheless keep it up

knooger

Comicsserg, thats PS not CS :D It have to be dark, well i belive there will be brighter places chur... etc.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: puuusianka on June 30, 2011, 09:08:18 AM
Not in front of those people, Knoogy! Go? si? ;P b?dziesz w kredytach i easter eggach.

Aha :) Now I see what you did there ^_^

NeoSuperior

Well i thought your rocamadour from CT was pretty interesting. So keep it up. And since its almost an official map already i have high hopes. Well since we only have lakehouse and that hostpital, any new map would be great for BETA/PS 1.0/ PS 1.1 ^^
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

puuusianka

Ok, as days pass our project progresses. The team working on Rocamadour consists now of Dread, Knooger and Me! Behind the medieval walls of Rocamadour runs a normal XXI century life and so we wish to show you a picture from the restaurant we're working on:

Big BRAVO to Dread who made FULLY the tables and candle-handles! if you wish to see more detailed pictures of the models ask Dread! The wall Texture was mostly done by Knooger! Now I don't like to be a liar so I'll be honest with you. Most of the textures are taken from mod to Doom3 called THE DARK MOD. If anyone here is a fan of stealth singleplayer games (especially thief) I strongly recommend the mod! Since I don't make money on their textures and they were not hidden or locked I don't take it as stealing. I do not own them, I jsut use them to give you a nice looking and balanced map that we will all hopefully enjoy when PS is out. So here is another picture of the place:

Enjoy!

DreadStunLock

Oh yeah!

Mah modelz!

Ya mon!

NeoSuperior

compared to the CT version, left to the 3 windows, there is a vent missing^^

anyway, gj guys
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Farley4Fan

It looks nice but the textures in the corner are bent, and it doesn't look right with bricks (bricks don't bend).  You could just put some darkness in those corners to hide it if you don't want to change the texture itself.

KINGWEBS

I enjoyed the original Rocamadour in many games.  It did feel a bit unbalanced but it was not more unbalanced than many of the stock maps that come with ct.  I hope you can balance it out a bit more.  The atmosphere looks nice.  I'm glad you decided to remake it for PS.

GJ

KINGWEBS

OH and please add some ambient noise because the lack of sound on the original was a dead give away to any spy movements, especially for EAX users.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: KINGWEBS on July 03, 2011, 03:43:16 AM
OH and please add some ambient noise because the lack of sound on the original was a dead give away to any spy movements, especially for EAX users.

I thought that was the best bit :)

puuusianka

Quote from: Meister_Neo on July 03, 2011, 02:07:49 AM
compared to the CT version, left to the 3 windows, there is a vent missing^^

anyway, gj guys

wow you must have really enjoyed that vent since my bro also noticed that missing vent O.o.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Interesting.
I'm waiting for more.

puuusianka

Hi! Here is another pic to tease your sparkling eyes!

ON YOUR KNEES IN FRONT OF MY MEGA FPS LVL!

I am aware it's not much but We were learning a lot of stuff about modelling lately and I was trying out some more complicated(at least for me) things in UDK. here is a picture of moon:

As you can see the lightning changed, I want your opinions if you like the new appearance, if not post, it in capitals!

knooger

Well, we worked for about 6 hours maybe more I'm totaly into this today. UDK was bitchy for us. Pusianka's PC is so fucking nooby, but I hope he will do something with it and ppl with slower hardware will run map propertly. I was trying to make UV warp map in blender and it's working, so I have created a cross that will be  a miniature ( i know texture is poor )

I should resize it, but I'm tired now time for another things.

Well, I hope soon I will be able to show you some nicer things.