Main Menu

Webpage?

Started by Daybreak, March 25, 2008, 12:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daybreak

So, after reading about the daunting task of adding all the static meshes and such to my Observatory map, I got depressed and decided that I may not be able to pull it off. Instead I spent the afternoon with my day off from work to come up with a webpage layout using exsiting things and attributes from a bunch of the project stealth pictures out there.

This is what I came up with. Nothing fancy.
Kept it simple to maintain and easy to navigate. Some effects of somesort could be added to the tabs so they look more like tabs or something. It needs to be dressed up a little.

You dev guys probably already have this figured out but meh what's a bored Canadian gonna do? Play hockey? Hmm... good point. I'm gonna go watch the Senators lose to the Canadiens. ya that's not confusing.

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Daybreak

Has there been any thoughts on a webpage?

Tidenburg

Daybreak, bit to bland for my taste. The themes and colours are nice (text is a bit to dark) because I think the tech feel goes really nice with the whole PS thing but it needs more gloss and web 2.0-ification.

Good concept tho =]

LennardF1989

Lol

Feels honored ^^

I actually like the simplicity of it, though, it could use some more colors.

LennardF1989

BTW, the post from the image for real (yes, I'm spamming it, duh).

QuoteDear PS community,

As some of you might know, we have a chatroom up and running which can be used to discuss anything Project Stealth related. We, as the developers of the game, will be in this chatroom aswell and chat along with you guys.

Click the quick link to find out how: Chatroom INFO

neth

Tidenburg

lol, needs tons of flash elements!

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Tidenburg on March 25, 2008, 02:31:34 PM
NO!
It'll make the site load years!

Tidenburg

depends on how good the dev is. If you load it all at the beginning then yea, but if you do external file loads you can load stuff like image galleries image by image after the page has loaded.

But then, it could only be done on image galleries lol using it on like a shimmering banner would just be annoying =P

Farley4Fan

I actually like it a lot daybreak.  I think the colors compliment eachother pretty well.  Only thing that I think needs to be changed is the tab fonts, but that's easy to do.  Simplicity that looks good is always a good thing, gets the job done w/ low load times.  :D

Zedblade

No. Overuse of flash is the biggest taboo on the interwebs.

Ion.67

Quote from: Zedblade on March 26, 2008, 12:53:28 AM

No. Overuse of flash is the biggest taboo on the interwebs.

If you do it right, the animations look pretty good though. Just...slow feeling.

Daybreak

I agree with most, it's a little bland. That's why I said it needs to be dressed up a bit. IE: that seefoo flare. I case you didn't notice, it's pretty much a copy of seefoo's little labels on the spydesk top. And for good reason. It works. The layout, is similar to the perliminary UI designs. Dress it up and voila.

It's something familiar and simple. Dressing it up will make it not seem too simple. Maybe a flash animation here, a little design there. I wanted to encorporate the PS logo like that avatar some have, but I didn't.

I <3 U

Looks pretty sweet to me, I like it, nice and simple not to much unacessary shit on it. I think its perfect:P. Good job. ;)