sticky camera idea

Started by tigaer, January 17, 2007, 09:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daybreak

Damnit Spek. I had the same idea except you posted it first. Two types of cams, gas and network.
Maybe I should post my other ideas before someone else posts them. lol.

Lurch

Go ahead, it's not like it hurts that much if it turns out as a bad idea. And good ideas are always welcome.

Daybreak

Sonic Sound.
A merc weapon used much like cam net but for sound. The merc is temporarily immobile and blind. He is listening to the sounds. Once in the SS mode, he can hear the communications of near by spies. The spies do not need to be traped . There is a limited range and the communication between spies can be heard.

Remote Mines
Work Similar to proxi mines, but they are detonated remotely.

HoloMerc
A mine that’s thrown onto the ground to mimic a standing merc. Can be used as a decoy. Holo does not emit Heat.

Holospy
This is a hologram. Much like those ghosts in racing games, this is a 3 second recording of you. The holospy can be recorded only when visiting a map. A holospy recording can be made for all maps, but only one save location per map. The holospy has it’s disadvantages. It is only visible when not using visions. It does not set off alarms or mines or traps

frvge

I like the holomerc. Sound thingy sounds ok. Dunno about the rest.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

I agree with spekkio and the modular weapon and gun changing at depots. We will have to make ammo depots strategically placed. So if the merc wants to change weapons, he will be in a safe spot, but also far enough away to give the spies a chance to do something if they know what he is doing. Balancing act, you know. If you wanna chang weapons, gotta take the risk.

LiVe.To.Di3

holo merc is cool and i really like the idea of changing the weapons i hope also that their wont be 3! Maaybe 5 or 4 or 3 totally new weapons.

Cyntrox

For the love of God, if you're doing a shotgun, make it balanced!!

Zedblade

Quote from: Cyntrox on March 23, 2007, 12:53:53 PM
For the love of God, if you're doing a shotgun, make it balanced!!

The shotgun in CT was balanced. It had a long ass reload time, short range and randome accuracy. The spies defesen against it was simple as well, don't fucking get close.

Cyntrox

Quote from: Zedblade on March 24, 2007, 12:21:36 AM
The shotgun in CT was balanced. It had a long ass reload time, short range and randome accuracy. The spies defesen against it was simple as well, don't fucking get close.
I guess we have different views on balance then... In my opinion, a one hit weapon is almost never balanced. I've seen the shotgun kill people on 10+ meters. I mean, if you as a spy is jumping on a merc, do you find it fair that he can turn around and kill you in less than 0.1 seconds?

Zedblade

Quote from: Cyntrox on March 24, 2007, 03:31:00 AM
I guess we have different views on balance then... In my opinion, a one hit weapon is almost never balanced. I've seen the shotgun kill people on 10+ meters. I mean, if you as a spy is jumping on a merc, do you find it fair that he can turn around and kill you in less than 0.1 seconds?

All three weapons can be one hit weapons. The rifle can snipe, the UZI can get random headshots and the Shotgun can kill instantly in close range. I'v never killed or been killed by the shotgun in one blast at a distance of 10+ meters. I've always face to face. Maybe you just suck?

Cyntrox

Quote from: Zedblade on March 24, 2007, 09:45:54 AM

All three weapons can be one hit weapons. The rifle can snipe, the UZI can get random headshots and the Shotgun can kill instantly in close range. I'v never killed or been killed by the shotgun in one blast at a distance of 10+ meters. I've always face to face. Maybe you just suck?
Maybe I do, but the rifle sniping actually requires some skill (unlike most game snipers) since you have to hold your breath for the weapon to stay still. And I've pretty much never used the uzi, since it caused the servers to lag.

Zedblade

Quote from: Cyntrox on March 24, 2007, 04:31:20 PM

Maybe I do, but the rifle sniping actually requires some skill (unlike most game snipers) since you have to hold your breath for the weapon to stay still. And I've pretty much never used the uzi, since it caused the servers to lag.

the best snipers is the game never hold their breath actually.

Overstatement

I don't mind the one hit kill close up. They deserve it when you correctly position the crossair on the spy. What I hate is the other 90% of the time when they kinda miss but you end up with so low of health that it's impossible to run away without dying.

Cyntrox

Quote from: Zedblade on March 24, 2007, 09:28:56 PM
Quote from: Cyntrox on March 24, 2007, 04:31:20 PM

the best snipers is the game never hold their breath actually.
That was not my point. My point was that by doing that, the crosshair is not perfectly still, like in almost every other game out there... And it also doesn't kill someone by hitting their toe twice.

LiVe.To.Di3

lmao who hold their breath.... i find that very hard to believe to hold your breath and get a hs. im guessing you have tried to do this? and failed? ???