Come up with the best alien race name.

Started by tigaer, May 27, 2010, 02:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigaer

I'm writing a story for a future project, possibly a book, or a future game, and when I say future, I mean way later, but the story is coming along nicely. I won't talk about it right now, but I've been trying to come up with a good name for my bad alien race, and wanted to see if you guys could come up with anything cool.

I'd like the name to have something to do with them being evil, demonic, or just something that is taken from ancient history. I don't want something weird and super hard to pronounce like Skaarji (Skari) and stuff like that, unless it's really, really good. Got anything?

Possible names I have so far,
Reapers
Jackals

Farley4Fan

Lol reapers and jackals. 

"Get me outta here, I'm a Klingleenian!" - guess the reference

LoChang

I always thought that 'Shivans' were a bad-ass name for a race of bad-ass aliens. From Freespace 1 + 2.

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

tigaer

Frvge, I know, but it's so perfect... help me think of something else!

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

The Kathos.
The Xymerians.
The Coross.
The Ytrons.
The Alvbloods.
The Cymetrions.
The Ablako.
The Unte.
The Morr (from the land of Morrr).
The Ur.
The Shaguards (shadow guards, lol).
The Styrros.

I tried to keep all of this easy to read :)
Also, I demand mentioning my name if you use any of those ::)

comicsserg

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Dödfödd (ians/'s/en)

Martians

Max Beland

Jackeapers/Reapals (Rea-pals for the lulz)

From-far-far-away-in-the-galaxy-ians

Skewartonics

Farley4Fan

Quote from: frvge on May 27, 2010, 09:01:34 AM
Reapers are already in Mass Effect.

And Jackals are in the Halo series.  That's why I lol'd.   :D

tigaer

Yeah, I don't really care if it's from another game, as long as it fits the context of the game. Basically, these races will be nicknamed by humans, they never get their actual race name, just what we call them. This is for their race name, not the species within the race. So, I need something good, quick and that sounds like it's a nickname that we made up to identify this race from the other one, as there's two alien races, one good and ones bad, but through the first two chapters (books) you won't know the other ones good. There will be three books, games or whatever. It's very long.

Matrix and Halo use the machine race called 'Sentinels', tons of games use 'Jackals'. Basically, the only one I'm considering is Reapers, but I'd like something more original than that. It'll probably come to me later, but I just wanted some inspiration from you guys posting some cool names.

MulleDK19

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

tigaer

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet