What are you wanting to do with your life?

Started by tigaer, June 03, 2010, 08:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigaer

Thought it'd be an interesting thread. So, what are you wanting to do as a career, or even a goal in you life? Could be short term, could be long term.

I personally want to go to college this year, and study media arts, art fundamentals and business. Eventually, I'd like to either own my own game studio, my own freelance company or work for a high end game studio as an Art Director. I have a huge story I'm working on for a game that I'd someday want to make. If that's not possible (I'm gonna work for it!) I'll find a publisher and publish it as a trilogy book series.

frvge

Game-stuff thingy. Either a programmer or studio head. Something like Gabe Newell's job.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Mainly: I'm gonna try and go to some art school, then work as a concept artist or level designer. That's what I want to do. I suck at it now, but hell, that's what practice is for.
e: oh and hell, I'll start a thread and post some of my practice stuff. The more opinions the better. But I'll do that later.

Secondary: Get in a fun band as a vocalist. Maybe earn something from gigs, or something.

Thirdly: I can make money on betting online. Seems a pretty good way to make some monies without much hassle (it just needs thinking).

Farley4Fan

I'm going to be paid for pumping out ideas (about anything).

I actually have no clue at the moment.  Starting college in the fall. 

CurdyMilk

I am graduating from high school in a couple days as salutatorian.  Then I will go to college at the University of Wisconsin- Madison in the fall.  I will try to get into their pharmacy program after 3-4 years.  It is extremely competitive so who knows.  Oh, and I have to fit in a job somewhere to make some cash.  Everything after that is too far ahead to think about right now.

comicsserg

I'm now studying Computer Science. So I can basically do everything from programming, webdesign, network, animation (flash).
In free time I do 3d animation stuff. Project Stealth :p

I always want to study for animator but it's more like hobby now.

MR.Mic

Lighting or Shader programming for Film/Television.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Bubbaganoosh

My goal is to retire fully at 50 and move to a warm beach somewhere and open a dive shop.
Sadly until then I have to work but at least I have something to look forward to.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Farley4Fan

My goal is to retire and live on the moon.  Go fishing, boozing, dance parties, tractor racing, you know - all the things you'd expect to do on the moon.

Gawain

i gotta hit that blues tone  ;D
and hey, hopefully meet the right people in my life, go wild with some crazy startup and always stay hungry and foolish...

Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on June 04, 2010, 12:12:52 AM
My goal is to retire fully at 50 and move to a warm beach somewhere and open a dive shop.
Sadly until then I have to work but at least I have something to look forward to.
what exactly is stopping you from doing this right now?

AgentX_003

make papa skull aka FarleyVaN look foolish in ct , win the lottery , be the savior and make most people who have been close to me rich / throw 50 Gs to the Project , travel the world and then die.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Farley4Fan

Quote from: AgentX_003 on June 04, 2010, 04:46:35 AM
make papa skull aka FarleyVaN look foolish in ct , win the lottery , be the savior and make most people who have been close to me rich / throw 50 Gs to the Project , travel the world and then die.

You gotta love it when someone says that dying is one of his goals. :D

And why do you want to make me look foolish in Connecticut?  Are there some hot babes to impress in Connecticut?

LoChang

Quote from: FarleyFan on June 04, 2010, 05:52:37 AM

you gotta love it when someone says that dying is one of his goals. :D

You gotta give him credit at least for having at least one realistic goal that's 100% guaranteed.

Cronky

My goal is Simple in theory, but Complex in execution.

By the end of my life I want to create something that makes someone (even just one) feel, or have an emotion response, because of my creation.

An animation, a game, simply a cut-scene within one of the two, or something. I've always been amazed at how you can drive out such emotions from something that's not real. How you can make a character or something as simple as a (Companion) Cube drive your mind to "Care". Something completely fictional and usually outside the bounds of reality, such as any Pixar Movie, actually making you feel some kind of feeling if, or rather when, something happens to it. (Whole paragraph is redundant, I know)

Course an emotional response to something is based on the opinion of the person watching it. Not everyone cared when Wal-E got banged up, or when Dom (Gears of War) had to deal with his Wife. THEN again, I don't plan on stopping at one "Epic" (for lack of a better word).

That's my plan, and I have at LEAST a handful of years to accomplish it. Till then it's all just learning the tricks of the trade.

THAT IS ALL.

Back to simply observing the forum.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

AgentX_003

Quote from: FarleyFan on June 04, 2010, 05:52:37 AM
Quote from: AgentX_003 on June 04, 2010, 04:46:35 AM

You gotta love it when someone says that dying is one of his goals. :D

And why do you want to make me look foolish in Connecticut?  Are there some hot babes to impress in Connecticut?

by that obviously i meant CHaostheory you noob :D

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD