Main Menu

Twitter

Started by LennardF1989, June 30, 2010, 12:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennardF1989

http://twitter.com/Project_Stealth

'nuf said. Subscribe as if your life depends on it! Pretty please ;D

MulleDK19

Yea! This is so awesome! I can't wait to see what you guys post there!

Oh, wait... ;D

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

Farley4Fan

OMG IT SAYS BETA TO BE RELEASED IN JUNE?!?!  You guys have like 1 day.  Make it snappy.

frvge

Don't confuse newcomers. I'm serious, don't.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Obviously I was referring to UDK beta...   :-X

Gawain

do we really get any relevant number of newcomers these days?

Farley4Fan

I confuse them so hard they leave immediately.

I won't do that anymore Fridge.  My bro.  My bud.  My man.

He's my man, you got that?

frvge

Quote from: Rambo on July 01, 2010, 11:05:04 AM
do we really get any relevant number of newcomers these days?

About 18 new signups per month, on average. Not counting visitors.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

comicsserg

is it much or not 18 per month?

frvge

Depends. I'm happy with it, but we've had a lot more in the past.

Ruro

Good thing i already watch the twitter feeds, but whitout a registered account :P (God forbid registering for twitter, i hate it and facebook and .... well you get the general idea...)

Tidenburg

Twitter is a good way of knowing what's going on, I can see how someone hates the broadcasting of randomers but using an account to follow people has many uses.

Facebook have pretty much taken control of everyone's social lives (or at least the people my age) so I don't really have any choice in the matter. All these mass nights out and friend's bands playing which you're just expected to know about now because of facebook. It'd be like not having MSN a few years ago. O-o

Cronky

While on the subject of twitter.

Noticed a couple of Tweets(?) back it said that there are potential new Spy Dives/Merc Animations. Why have we not seen that? Or is it something that's being saved for a big reveal?

Plus I notice Lennard and MulleDK's sigs have Twitter notifications that are up to date.

Is something like that going to be added to the main website? June 3rd News Update TALKS about you guys having twitter, but it seems like it should be something that's already on the page, rather than having to actually exit the site to see.

Just a couple of my thoughts on the subjects.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

frvge

You want the Poll thingy to change to a Twitter feed?

Cronky

Well... That could work.

I was thinking that you could figure a way to add it in there without taking away anything. (I know, that simple, huh? :P) Taking away the poll would only really make sense if you never planned on having polls again, or if you want that space to be taken up with relevant info while the polls aren't current.

The twitter business you talk about, plus the RSS feeds only really make sense if you're updating them frequently. Considering June 3rd was your Latest News, January 13th before that. It just comes off a little odd that you found Twitter to be mentionable on your main page, but actual content progress (as such with what you're saying in your Twitter Account) goes unnoticed...

...Except to those that feel the desire to venture outside of your main site, or wade through the forums to attain such info. Although easy to do each, it seems like it would make sense to have people who find this game see progress updates, rather than merely knowing that they could find that info elsewhere.

(Plus... isn't that promoting them to leave your site... which is... bad... in theory, right?  :-\)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky