Archives > Join Us

Programmer

(1/4) > >>

Fudlite:
Hey guys, I'm interested in the project, and would like to know if you need any programmers.

I'm mainly interested in server development, but can do pretty much anything. (Don't know much about UT though, I'd need to google that.)

I am proficient in C++, Java, and C#. I know Linux programming (more so than windows, to be honest), and also know some windows programming.  I'm also a quick learner, and can learn what I need to if I don't know something.

I'm pretty busy these days, but I really want to see Versus come back like never before, so in my free time, I'd like to contribute what I can.

Thanks!

Fudlite

MulleDK19:

--- Quote from: Fudlite on January 06, 2011, 09:31:09 PM ---Hey guys, I'm interested in the project, and would like to know if you need any programmers.

I'm mainly interested in server development, but can do pretty much anything. (Don't know much about UT though, I'd need to google that.)

I am proficient in C++, Java, and C#. I know Linux programming (more so than windows, to be honest), and also know some windows programming.  I'm also a quick learner, and can learn what I need to if I don't know something.

I'm pretty busy these days, but I really want to see Versus come back like never before, so in my free time, I'd like to contribute what I can.

Thanks!

Fudlite

--- End quote ---

Hello.

Do you have any knowledge of UnrealScript?

frvge:
Hi Fudlite,

Looks ok. Got some code sample?

I'm looking for someone who knows multithreaded networking, or, even better, a proper dispatch loop in one thread (too many threads of incoming requests = memory hog). This is to handle multiple connections to the master-server to create accounts from within the game, query the server list and so on. For reference: Apache's way = bad, nginx's or NodeJS way = good.

A plus if you have experience with MongoDB or another NoSQL solution (Cassandra).

Edit: of course proper OO is a must and knowledge of Design Patterns is preferred.

Thanks for your interest! :)

Fudlite:
@MulleDK19: At the moment, I don't, but I'd be willing to learn it =)

@Frvge:

It's funny that you mention that, because I'm just getting into Multithreaded networking myself.

I have to be honest, I haven't really done a lot of NodeJS style stuff, but what I'm thinking is:

Why not PM me or just post what platform you're writing on, the libs your using, and whatever you would prefer I know, then I'll go do my research and send you a working example?

That way you can visually see how I code, then decide whether or not you want me on the project.

(I'm very interested in this project, and am willing to learn what I have to, to become a part of it.)

PS: I'm very experienced with OO. Since I started programming six years ago, it's all I've done.

Fudlite

frvge:
Any Red Hat-based Linux flavour will do.
Not using C++ libs at the moment, because we're focusing on client-code with temporary PHP-based stuff for serverlists.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version