Co-creating a new theme, part 1

Started by frvge, June 13, 2011, 01:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSuperior

Quote from: Farley4Fan on November 09, 2011, 05:21:10 PM
Every time we say "theme", is it +1?

Yes +1 boredom/Karma/whatever you like, since +1 month waiting is only for the written form of "ß" It's EXCLUSIVE FOR THAT WORD. And doing the same rule for more than 1 word is just boring. Hmmm writing this is boring too just as always...

btw, i am so bored.......

P.S.: Did i mention i was bored?

P.S.S: Now i understand how dread got such a high postcount....
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

You can always invite me for a game of TF2 and I'll show you who's boss. And you won't get bored.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cronky

Quote from: frvge on November 09, 2011, 09:52:19 PM
You can always invite me for a game of TF2 and I'll show you who's boss. And you won't get bored.

Don't do it!

Frvge plays a mean Medic. Then he makes fun of you for not having as high of a score as him. :P
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Farley4Fan

I play as a scout, and I'm an awful scout.

frvge

First WIP after like 2.5 hours. Not bad eh?
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

knooger

Looks cool, background images gonna be changing every refresh or so? :)

NeoSuperior

Looks nice. But merc is being discriminated against :P

also the "grey" letters are kind of hard to read. I mean i can still read it but it's... disturbing
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

knooger

These blue lines under Home, help, search... etc. looks kinda bad, you should delete that karma bullshit - it's useless and I see people are giving bad/good karma for no reason.
http://i.imgur.com/OD4Ei.jpg

Edit.
You might change karma points to troll points - guests would know who is the biggest troll of PS forums and who is not.

frvge

What's the meaning of the image? I see you added a twitter button, but is that what you meant?

Cronky

I like the progress!

Is there going to be an addition of a box behind... all the other boxes... It looks a tiny bit weird with everything all split up. Might be that padding issue you've got listed, but that's the biggest problem I have with it right now. Other little problem that I'm sure you know about is that either the icons need to change color in replies, or there should be a box behind them so you can see them better.

I'll link pictures down below...

(Weird spacing example) Red lines indicate max weirdness

(Icons that are harder to see) Red lines are again weird lines so you know where to look

Sidenote: Red is a lot easier to read with this color scheme. :P

Also, is there plans for the Merc background/Icons also? Perhaps also, for those like Venomous, a "classic" forum layout?
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

DreadStunLock

Quote from: KnoogeR on December 28, 2011, 04:55:57 PM
These blue lines under Home, help, search... etc. looks kinda bad, you should delete that karma bullshit - it's useless and I see people are giving bad/good karma for no reason.
http://i.imgur.com/OD4Ei.jpg

Edit.
You might change karma points to troll points - guests would know who is the biggest troll of PS forums and who is not.

And what stops me from putting troll points on you? If it's the same system huh?

frvge

@cronky: Those spacings are here to stay. I'll see about boxing up some stuff for the icons.

knooger

Quote from: frvge on December 28, 2011, 07:49:45 PM
What's the meaning of the image? I see you added a twitter button, but is that what you meant?
Yea, you could add there twitter, moddb and other PS related websites which should be interesing for community like some logos as buttons.
And what about some server browser trought website or so? Where/how will be placed PS masterserver?

frvge

Twitter will go as tigaer's design showed. We can possibly do some more logos at the bottom, yes.

Master server and server stats will be somewhere else. Presumably on the community portal, but I'll probably redo that anyway. Same for the current PS site (only technically, layout stays roughly the same).