Archives > Presentation Forum

June UDK and Environmental Design WIP's

(1/4) > >>

nubishdubishbone:
direct x 11 is something i don't know how to enable, and am stuck onn XP atm.

I am starting a map called Abattior, based off of Splinter Cell's Mouke So Bo Meats Map.

i have  a screen using the night sky with mods to brightness:

[edit-added image]

Max Render of Concept, in crappy lighting :S

Still working on making all meshes cast chadows, but that's pretty simple for someone who already knows :P

Have a list of nice features that could make it in, including Cloth Fencing, possibly animated with a damage trigger. Tesellated meshes already in place.

Also no Landmines will be in the Courtyard, just Spotlights that can be damaged and triggered to follow players.

DreadStunLock:

--- Quote from: nubishdubishbone on July 22, 2011, 10:58:33 PM ---direct x 11 is something i don't know how to enable, and am stuck onn XP atm.

I am starting a map called Abattior, based off of Splinter Cell's Mouke So Bo Meats Map.

i have  a screen using the night sky with mods to brightness:

-Images Removed-

Still working on making all meshes cast chadows, but that's pretty simple for someone who already knows :P

Have a list of nice features that could make it in, including Coth Fencing, possibly animated with a damage trigger. Tesellated meshes already in place.

Also no Landmines will be in the Courtyard, just Spotlights that can be damaged and triggered to follow players.

--- End quote ---

You got the new one as well? Awesome, I really like the new templates they gave, of course removing the characters with guns is kind of strange. Also are those all your textures?

nubishdubishbone:
Yes everything but the sky is my own creation, textures gotten from photos at CGTextures.com.

Fence used from CGTexutures also, but i painted the diffuse, and heightmap(for use with crazybump).

BumpOffset used to create 20x better depth in the crevaces.

nubishdubishbone:
Edited first image on OP. Looks better with the that tweak.

Cronky:
I might be the only one who thinks this, but that third picture looks really... clean. Perhaps that's not the right word though. ...It looks like it is from a scene from a Pixar movie. Where something about the look just reminds you that it's not real (Cartoony?)

For a level you're just starting to make it looks nice! You just might want to work on your textures though. I assume that's where I'm getting this observation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version