June UDK and Environmental Design WIP's

Started by nubishdubishbone, July 22, 2011, 10:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nubishdubishbone

direct x 11 is something i don't know how to enable, and am stuck onn XP atm.

I am starting a map called Abattior, based off of Splinter Cell's Mouke So Bo Meats Map.

i have  a screen using the night sky with mods to brightness:

[edit-added image]

Max Render of Concept, in crappy lighting :S

Still working on making all meshes cast chadows, but that's pretty simple for someone who already knows :P

Have a list of nice features that could make it in, including Cloth Fencing, possibly animated with a damage trigger. Tesellated meshes already in place.

Also no Landmines will be in the Courtyard, just Spotlights that can be damaged and triggered to follow players.
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

DreadStunLock

Quote from: nubishdubishbone on July 22, 2011, 10:58:33 PM

I am starting a map called Abattior, based off of Splinter Cell's Mouke So Bo Meats Map.

-Images Removed-

Still working on making all meshes cast chadows, but that's pretty simple for someone who already knows :P

Have a list of nice features that could make it in, including Coth Fencing, possibly animated with a damage trigger. Tesellated meshes already in place.

Also no Landmines will be in the Courtyard, just Spotlights that can be damaged and triggered to follow players.

You got the new one as well? Awesome, I really like the new templates they gave, of course removing the characters with guns is kind of strange. Also are those all your textures?

nubishdubishbone

Yes everything but the sky is my own creation, textures gotten from photos at CGTextures.com.

Fence used from CGTexutures also, but i painted the diffuse, and heightmap(for use with crazybump).

BumpOffset used to create 20x better depth in the crevaces.

Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

nubishdubishbone

Edited first image on OP. Looks better with the that tweak.

Cronky

I might be the only one who thinks this, but that third picture looks really... clean. Perhaps that's not the right word though. ...It looks like it is from a scene from a Pixar movie. Where something about the look just reminds you that it's not real (Cartoony?)

For a level you're just starting to make it looks nice! You just might want to work on your textures though. I assume that's where I'm getting this observation.

If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

nubishdubishbone

Workin on it, thoughi think the UDK screen is clean and realistic. There wont be much action in this are, is just for insertion.

What is coop Spot Height? 512? Theres a sewer pipe goin into a few spots that weren't there before, mainly behind the old insertion.

The black Heightfog is messing with the sky too... working.

LennardF1989

DreadStunLock

Quote from: nubishdubishbone on July 23, 2011, 12:11:06 AM
Workin on it, thoughi think the UDK screen is clean and realistic. There wont be much action in this are, is just for insertion.

What is coop Spot Height? 512? Theres a sewer pipe goin into a few spots that weren't there before, mainly behind the old insertion.

http://www.thenewboston.com/?cat=69&pOpen=tutorial

Check this guy out as well, he has so many tutorials they will definitely brighten up your map!

puuusianka

Quote from: nubishdubishbone on July 22, 2011, 10:58:33 PM

[edit-added image]

-Images Removed-

Max Render of Concept, in crappy lighting :S

-Image Removed-

Have a list of nice features that could make it in, including Cloth Fencing, possibly animated with a damage trigger. Tesellated meshes already in place.

Oh look there, he came back! Did yoU finish last map?

Zedblade

whats going on with your fence.. it looks like a single plane but the wire frame shows all kinds of weirdness.

And here's some info on getting DX11 working.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DirectX11Rendering.html

NeoSuperior

When i see the fences i have to think of "Station".
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

nubishdubishbone

Just gathering new meshes, always a little slow at first.

I have already built this map in Ravenshield, so intend to finish it.

And the fence is tessellated to allow for animation, i have a plane copy of it i can swap without moving them.

Farley4Fan

Wait, are you the same guy who made the Jungle level?  I forgot if you are dimz or not.

edit - i'm just wondering about the status of the jungle map, not trying to call you out (I got a PM from someone - take a guess - and thought I'd clarify my intentions of asking you about this)

nubishdubishbone

Well the jungle was a Tech Demo of what they offered in UDK at the time, this hopefully will be biult as the schematics are already in place. i know the level and how to modify it for multiplayer, using the theme throughout, and much of the outside structures, it is a nice way to infiltrate. Guards can be replaced by NetCam, and Thermal Mines replaced by Merc's ability to Mine.

nubishdubishbone

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 23, 2011, 12:58:17 AM
Quote from: nubishdubishbone on July 23, 2011, 12:11:06 AM

http://www.thenewboston.com/?cat=69&pOpen=tutorial

Check this guy out as well, he has so many tutorials they will definitely brighten up your map!

Nice! Already found some tutorials on things that are tricky to do since they changed much of the properties manager and it's functions from Unreal 2.x.

I had:

DirectX11 Features.

Land Mines visible in thermal. (now Merc Mines)

Cloth Simulation for door covers, etc.

As a prepared list of features, however some of the features not listed will be left out due to Multiplayer (And PS) differentiations.

Quote from: Justus on July 23, 2011, 03:26:28 AM
whats going on with your fence.. it looks like a single plane but the wire frame shows all kinds of weirdness.

And here's some info on getting DX11 working.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DirectX11Rendering.html

Thanks... The fence was prepared with fragmentation in mind, ie. for entry using a knife of cutters... obviously these are not available features in PS, so they will be swapped upon completion. But i have a concept design document written for this type of Entry.