Main Menu

Estimated date?

Started by Jordan, August 16, 2011, 07:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

If it bloody comes out. So far they owe us...x times 4, times z amount of screenshots.

X = Amount of screenshots

Z = How long ago it was since Frvge said he will give us a screenshot every week? :P

zglina

Quote from: DreadStunlock on October 04, 2011, 12:17:26 AM
If it bloody comes out. So far they owe us...x times 4, times z amount of screenshots.

X = Amount of screenshots

Z = How long ago it was since Frvge said he will give us a screenshot every week? :P

Z= 10000 years ago or even more ;d

SheikTheGeek

Quote from: KnoogeR on October 03, 2011, 09:34:42 PM
Don't you think it's kinda their fault? They never really promoted SvM multiplayer or so. I bought game and there is no even screenshot from SvM and 2 lines of text. :)
Proper promotion makes more players than anything else.

I feel its basic multiplayer, thats how games get their replay value is multiplayer. SvM was just that.  It was there in the beginning theres no reason to take out it later due to "lack of popularity/steep learning curve."  Multiplayer has reached the point in gaming where it SHOULDNT need advertisement, its expected to be there.  Conviction's lack thereof of overall popularity was mostly due to there not being SvM.

The only other game I can think of that has removed multiplayer after having before is Bioshock 3 (we will see how well this game sells without it), but you can argue that the first game didnt have multiplayer, so its ok for them to remove it from the third title.

All that being said and my disappointment from Conviction aside, I REALLY hope PS bring back solid SvM gameplay to the forefront of gaming.  No one else is doing it right now.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

DreadStunLock

I doubt it's going to be solid, I will give my best guess of...2 years after Project Stealth 1.0 is released. That might be the solid part.

knooger

Quote from: DreadStunlock on October 04, 2011, 02:15:07 PM
I doubt it's going to be solid, I will give my best guess of...2 years after Project Stealth 1.0 is released. That might be the solid part.
...if there will be more than 50 players.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: KnoogeR on October 04, 2011, 02:47:34 PM
Quote from: DreadStunlock on October 04, 2011, 02:15:07 PM
...if there will be more than 50 players.

+1 Applaud

AgentX_003

In the words of Limp bizkit : GOTTA HAVE FAITH.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

scope2005

Quote from: frvge on August 17, 2011, 08:25:17 AM
AFAIK, SvM will probably not make it into S6. Then again, I follow it a LOT less.

I agree with you here, Ubi have pretty much abandoned SvM as it is too complicated for their current demographic audience of casual gamers...

They tried to dumb it down with SCDA so that it could appeal to the casual gamer - but in doing so it ruined the very concept of SvM, and it was not enjoyable at all - I guess thats when they gave up on it.

If the next SC game has any sort of MP, my bet is that it will be some sort of third person Gears/CoD esque squad shooter - that would appeal more to the masses of sheep out there.

SheikTheGeek

Quote from: scope2005 on January 05, 2012, 02:30:27 AM
Quote from: frvge on August 17, 2011, 08:25:17 AM
AFAIK, SvM will probably not make it into S6. Then again, I follow it a LOT less.

I agree with you here, Ubi have pretty much abandoned SvM as it is too complicated for their current demographic audience of casual gamers...

They tried to dumb it down with SCDA so that it could appeal to the casual gamer - but in doing so it ruined the very concept of SvM, and it was not enjoyable at all - I guess thats when they gave up on it.

If the next SC game has any sort of MP, my bet is that it will be some sort of third person Gears/CoD esque squad shooter - that would appeal more to the masses of sheep out there.

DA SvM was tolerable in small doses, just too many bugs/glitches/exploits for the majority to enjoy it...well that and Spies got gimped/Mercs got buffed debate.  The XBL version still has a die-hard community that plays just about every night (even if its less than a dozen people online any given night).  I myself, still play DA SvM.

After Conviction, they promised to to re-introduce SvM.  So Im holding out hope they deliver on that.  The biggest issue with Conviction, was the time limit they had after their Hobo Splinter Cell game failed (about 1 year to make a brand new game from scratch) and SvM had to be cut just to save time and release a game by a certain date. (although they wont come out and actually admit that)  Not to mention that the specific Ubi team that was tasked with working on Conviction had no one among them capable or versed in how to create multiplayer aspects of Splinter Cell.  (which they actually admitted)
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

Eotall

Long time since any updates on the site.

Is the game still being developed or has it died?

frvge

We're having another crunch with the programmers tomorrow, so I hope we can get something done then :). There is a bit of progress in Asylum. If you know about more people that could help us, please spread the word.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Eotall

Spreading and putting all my own time in learning UDK  ;)

NeoSuperior

Project Stealth needs to show more presence... a lot of people think that PS was dropped.

This could be achieved by:

1. Updating the main site! last update was in january.... OF 2012!
2. Finally uploading that gameplay video to indieDB!
etc...
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

You're absolutely right.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.