Archives > Presentation Forum

Warehouse concept

(1/7) > >>

DrNegative:
I started a Warehouse concept map last night in UDK., just sector one, lighting, stairs, catwalks and windows. I am planning on a build of this map while also revamping it for PS with extra co-op move spots, vents, etc.

Just wondering what you guys thought as to the overall look of it so far. This isn't the beginning of a map build, I just wanted to see if I could recapture the environment before going for real on it.

DreadStunLock:
Holy shmoly now that is class!!!!

But, I bet you will quit mid way ¬¬ that's what everyone always does...

feev:
looking great!

frvge:
If you want to recreate, don't forget to enhance. Maybe turn the setting around: make it a dome structure that's part of a huge greenhouse/indoor jungle, with sector 2 and 3 being maintenance and/or offices.

The enhancing should IMO be done in gameplay (remove annoyances, add new strategic routes, tweak chokepoints), visuals (good materials and nice models, maybe even animated), sounds (good, realistic sounds from sound libraries, or even better: foley artists), setting/atmosphere (like I said, try something like an indoor jungle) and map settings (tweak spawn times, spawn routes, amount of lives, needed objectives, objective placement and mission time).

And in the end, you've made something that surpasses the original on all possible grounds, while staying true to a well-known map.

DrNegative:

--- Quote from: frvge on January 21, 2012, 02:50:45 PM ---If you want to recreate, don't forget to enhance. Maybe turn the setting around: make it a dome structure that's part of a huge greenhouse/indoor jungle, with sector 2 and 3 being maintenance and/or offices.
--- End quote ---

Greenhouse...excellent idea, I think I'll try it. I see where you are getting at, be more original, while staying true to the original.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version