Damn you Ubisoft!

Started by RaDRoacH, October 25, 2012, 09:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaDRoacH

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/718843-bewaresamfisher-com

What the hell! 7 Years before the release of double agent, there was this site, where ubisoft used to publicize the game... what now?
It gives you a trojan! Why the ubisoft didn't shutdown the site? Why if i search in google, the site is in russian text? I repeat... what the hell happened....
...Ubisoft doesn't even pay attention to his own things.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

SheikTheGeek

Its rare for most companies/developers to actually shutdown a website it created for one of its game, even it has been almost a decade since that game came out.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

frvge

Ubisoft doesn't own the domain name anymore, so they don't control it any longer. If someone put malware on my previous site, like splintercellworld, that'd also suck, but there's nothing I can do about.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

RaDRoacH

Quote from: frvge on October 25, 2012, 06:26:21 PM
Ubisoft doesn't own the domain name anymore, so they don't control it any longer. If someone put malware on my previous site, like splintercellworld, that'd also suck, but there's nothing I can do about.
There are probably tons of images with that domain, i am the only the curious and innocent chicken who wanted to see some stupid images for waste his 15 minutes of his life.
They should do something... I already removed that shit outta my computer and i'm less pissed, but if i know that site is still up and it doesn't have any warning message... I will be pissed like before. Now they are "investigating"... and probably i won't get any response, because every1 knows that ubisupport sucks 1 billion of cocks.

Quote from: SheikTheGeek on October 25, 2012, 03:26:10 PM
Its rare for most companies/developers to actually shutdown a website it created for one of its game, even it has been almost a decade since that game came out.

Yeah but what about the trojan?

Quote from: LoChang on October 25, 2012, 09:15:13 AM
Haha.
Haha! Yup, every1 does error in his life. When you are gonna do 1, think about me saying "HaHa."! (random reply)

frvge

Ubi can only get rid of the malware if they hack the server (=illegal) or buy the domain name from a, as you reported (I didn't verify for obvious reasons) criminal who can ask any amount of money.

So Ubi can't do a thing.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

RaDRoacH

I understand...
I reported this site to google anyway...

NeoSuperior

I don't understand exactly what you ment... what do you mean with "Double Agent Pictures"? Where did you find them? Was the link visible on the picture or was the site the picture's source? Do you have a link for the place you found the pictures? (I assume that is still save as you say that the virus warning came only after you entered that site.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

RaDRoacH

I was looking pictures like this:
"Uhhh bewaresamfisher.com! i wonder if there are other pics!"
write n' search!
tadan!
*setup.exe starts to download
me: WTF!
every .exe becomes blocked. and KIS starts a scan and deletes only the infected .exe
*computer is about shutdown after the scan, but a pop-up error appears, i shut the pc manually by press and holding the power button
the pc seems to work fine, but i other 2 scans with KIS, 1 with MBAM  and some system and reg clean with ccleaner (everything done in safemode) for security reasons... seems clean.

EDIT: before getting the trojan, i was on facebook and i've found these images on a random page, but anyway you can found these pics everywhere...

NeoSuperior

So it is on the pictures themselves, ok... but WHERE exactly did you find it? I mean if you did not find them on Ubisoft's site(s) then, as frvge says, there is not much they can do. However if they were on Ubisoft's own servers then they should have been able to do something, like editing or removing those pictures.

Well this happens if you put links on pictures.... they become outdated quickly.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

RaDRoacH

i've already edited the msg... but anyway there are tons of these images around the net.... it's impossible to take em all down... i took this one from a forum because i don't remember the page's name... 7 years ago,  this site was made up by ubisoft for spread slowly these images for SC4... so probably they are on IGN pages too. they are everywhere....

LoChang

Haha.
Haha! Yup, every1 does error in his life. When you are gonna do 1, think about me saying "HaHa."! (random reply)

It was a funny story, especially as its "Ubisoft" stabbing someone from nowhere.

RaDRoacH

Quote from: LoChang on October 26, 2012, 01:27:35 AM
Haha.

It was a funny story, especially as its "Ubisoft" stabbing someone from nowhere.
In that case... yep, it's true. I tought that it was still owned by ubisoft, but i was wrong.

AgentX_003

Quote from: RaDRoacH on October 26, 2012, 01:34:09 AM
Quote from: LoChang on October 26, 2012, 01:27:35 AM
Haha.

In that case... yep, it's true. I tought that it was still owned by ubisoft, but i was wrong.

cccccccoooooombboo breaker ! EEEEEPIC FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Cronky

You went onto a, originally, Splinter Cell website and a Trojan tried to sneak itself into your system. That's just about priceless.

I'm waiting for something now like, "I started up Hitman and it killed my video card." ;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky