i am an atheist

Started by Roberto1223, December 15, 2008, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennardF1989

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on December 25, 2008, 01:28:25 PM
Don't you fucking listen, I don't have my eggs in one basket at all, I believe what I believe about creation of the universe whether it was mentioned in the bible or by a scientific theory, there's some morality I agree with in the bible, and then there's the majority of it which is clear lies. It appears to be you who has all his eggs in one basket, are you going to tell people who believe in Allah that they're wrong and the Christian god is THE god because the bible says so and it must be true because Science can't prove it? Give me a fuckin break.
I approve this post.

I'm a non-believer, so I couldn't care less, but I agree on Stone's way of thinking.

If everyone would just think: "Someone believes what he wants to believe", the world would be a better place and we wouldn't be having this heated discussion (which is getting awfully close to a flamewar).

Blank Man

Quote from: LennardF1989 on December 25, 2008, 03:42:05 PM

If everyone would just think: "Someone believes what he wants to believe", the world would be a better place and we wouldn't be having this heated discussion (which is getting awfully close to a flamewar).
Quick, everyone sing kumbaya

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

Too bad there are only those remakes on YouTube, what happened to the original...

frvge

Don't know. Search for a few minutes for the actual video, but it wasn't there :(
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Roberto1223

hey papaskull, how do u know hell exists?
cause you saw an old painting of hell in some art gallery or because u saw a painting of heaven in some church ceiling?

who ever lived to describe hell? who ever lived to tell about it. lol.

and guess what, the dude who painted those heaven and hell arts, was alive! so odds are that he hasnt been to any of those places.

heaven and hell are ideas created by man.

think about this for a second. (if you are an american), what if the Spaniards or the English hadnt conquered our homeland (im an american) and if they hadnt taught us amercan people, your current religion?

would you be giving the same vague arguments right now in this forum about some sun god or some moon god?

probably yes. all religions rely on the same vague arguments and sketchy explinations to sustain themselves and keep themselves in existance.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Roberto1223 on December 26, 2008, 02:43:53 AM
cause you saw an old painting of hell in some art gallery or because u saw a painting of heaven in some church ceiling?

and guess what, the dude who painted those heaven and hell arts, was alive! so odds are that he hasnt been to any of those places.

think about this for a second. (if you are an american), what if the Spaniards or the English hadnt conquered our homeland (im an american) and if they hadnt taught us amercan people, your current religion?

would you be giving the same vague arguments right now in this forum about some sun god or some moon god?

probably yes. all religions rely on the same vague arguments and sketchy explinations to sustain themselves and keep themselves in existance.

watch the movie , the others , it talks about the 7 hells.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Blank Man

Well since there's a movie, it's obviously true.

LennardF1989

Westfall

I like the sun and the moon...got a problem? ;)

Farley4Fan

Didn't I say on this thread that I don't think hell/heaven look/feel like man's ideas of them?  I thought I did.  I was having the same conversation with another guy on a different site, guess it was there.  Man can't even find out what Jesus looked like, how are we supposed to draw hell to a T?  I have a feeling hell is much worse, and much different, than the cave-like flame engulfed hell we think of it as.  This is the point.  Heaven and hell are alternate universes described in the Bible.  Man made up ideas OF heaven and hell, what they'd physically look like, but the heaven and hell thing is not man's idea.  It is a God-given warning. 

And this:
Quotewould you be giving the same vague arguments right now in this forum about some sun god or some moon god?

Gimme a friggin break.  Like there wouldn't be science to prove that wrong in your alt. reality?  We know now what the sun is, and what the moon is.  You will never prove God to be non-existent and unfortunately never be able to prove him real.  One day I believe we'll all see.

You ask for proof of God's existence, yet you provide none of your own to prove the contrary.  It's all a matter of mindset.  Yes, we all can see science.  Yes, we should all accept science.  What it comes down to is if we believe there is intelligence behind this science.  The more I see this science, the more I see the intelligence behind it.  For how incredibly fascinated atheists are by scientific discoveries they never stop and realize the perfection of it.  They'll just accept that there's nothing to it.  It gives off a slight scent of hypocrisy.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on December 25, 2008, 01:28:25 PM
Don't you fucking listen, I don't have my eggs in one basket at all, I believe what I believe about creation of the universe whether it was mentioned in the bible or by a scientific theory, there's some morality I agree with in the bible, and then there's the majority of it which is clear lies. It appears to be you who has all his eggs in one basket, are you going to tell people who believe in Allah that they're wrong and the Christian god is THE god because the bible says so and it must be true because Science can't prove it? Give me a fuckin break.

The majority of the bible is lies?  Really?  That's odd because the more they do scientific tests/investigations on the various stories/people in the bible, the more they find that is actually true!  There were princes that the world believed did not exist that were mentioned in the bible.  With more investigating, the geologists and such found that a lot of these people in the bible actually DID exist.  A lot of the stories they test lead scientists to new discoveries in the history of our Earth.  Yeah, guess I'm saying that the bible has contributed to our knowledge of the world today.

I'm putting a rubber ball on his nose to make it sound goofy, quite right. Guess why, because if you apply the same rules to someone else, it makes it sound like silly bullshit (like you have just admitted).

That's absolutely correct.  It's called masking.  Don't agree with something?  No problem!  Just make fun of it and it'll be all better!  Where's the logic?  Kind of like that thread below this one that screams OBAMA!  I could make fun of Obama's name in order to make him sound like a terrorist to belittle him but it doesn't make him a terrorist.  Apply that logic to you calling GOD something like jelly beans and you have no point.  Doesn't make God sound silly, makes you sound silly because your argument goes nowhere except into the ground.

Quote from: Papa Skull on December 24, 2008, 11:48:28 PM
You're just putting a red rubber ball on his (wtf.... - Stone.) nose to make it sound goofy.  Nice try.

Thanks for complimenting my success. If there was something before a God (which there would have to be if it exists) why would it choose to have a god create a universe and create people and perfection? Why not do that itself? Surely it couldn't have happened to just be there? No - obviously not, just like how we can't just be here, it's all a loop and any 'God' whether you believe in it religiously (hell no) or just a Godlike form (possibly, who am I to say, we know nothing) has to have something to make it start, which undermines the theory of a God in the first place.

Well, what was before the matter that clumped together to form a gigantic universe-forming explosion?  Nothing, right?  See, all theories of the universe have a halting problem.  What was before that?  I agree with you, but I think I know the answer.  God.  Nothing was before him, the one exception to the man-made-rules of physics.  I don't think God has to fit himself in with the rules that we made ourselves.

By the way I can't find where you said that thing about it wouldn't be a God if something else started it, but it's still true isn't it.

None of our minds can comprehend what else besides simple nature or an intelligent creator could create our universe.

Tidenburg

Papa skull, you have NO evidence for supporting god but theorys like the Big Bang disprove god if they are real and we DO have at least some supporting evidence for those arguments.

Also, he doesn't mean Moon god like that. You could be muslim etc and you would still think your religion is right, all he means is just because YOU believe it, that means nothing, because you really had no choice in your decision. I'm willing to bet you were raised by a religious family and that you didn't choose YOUSELF to be that way, it's been forced upon you and you cannot see that. I was brought up religiously (the school and the works) and just one day looked at the myself and what I believed in and found the converse to make much more sense.

Also, how can you believe in God when so many other religions are the same? It's faaar more likely than you know that all religion is based off of astrology (look it up) Sun positions as the rebirth of Jesus and the rebirth of the sun, the "three wise men" is a contellation pointing to another star (with a name _LIKE_ mary) from the sun. Also, you do realise how much your bible has been changed? The romans merged it with Pagans AGGGGGEESS ago, which is why your day for the birth of christ is also the sun festival for pagans when he was "supposedly" born around march time.

Spark Mandriller

So how many people have been converted by this thread?