i am an atheist

Started by Roberto1223, December 15, 2008, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

Come on.  Most money goes to the church or charities.  It's not going TO God, it's going toward what we think God wants it to go to.  Give me a break frvge.  BUT, I do agree that there are some "religions" (lol) out there that are just money hungry bastards trying to hypnotize.  They definitely can give a bad name to the religions that only want to do good things.

Scientology ring a bell?  Jehova's Witness?  Sheesh.

Roberto1223

i didnt know that church leaders banned condoms in africa.

its like banning life-vests in a childrens pool in some water-theme park

yeah. hopefully papaskull will not kill her daugther by throwing rocks at her when he finds out she isnt a virgin anymore.

Westfall

Quote from: Papa Skull on December 29, 2008, 10:19:22 PM
Come on.  Most money goes to the church or charities.  It's not going TO God, it's going toward what we think God wants it to go to.  Give me a break frvge.  BUT, I do agree that there are some "religions" (lol) out there that are just money hungry bastards trying to hypnotize.  They definitely can give a bad name to the religions that only want to do good things.

Scientology ring a bell?  Jehova's Witness?  Sheesh.

Yes, because by the power of the priests, bishops, archbishops, and the pope....they speak FOR GOD and they know exactly where the money should go because he whispered in their ears. The money goes to keeping the church open and to pay your priests for his hard work in cleaning your soul of your sins in the booth you 2 go in...because god gave him the power.

However, some churches (Methodist rings a bell) use money to do outside programs and continue youth groups, donations, etc. The Catholic church wants your money because it is your duty on this planet to give the money to the church...cuz God said so....

so it goes towards what we think God wants it to alright...

Snakebit.

To Papa Skull.

Previously said by you.

''He was trying to make me out to be an idiot, or someone who rejects scientific evidence.  Quite the contrary.  I can tell that THE God is not the God that Muslims or what have you will make you believe.  Our God is not the -get on your knees and praise me 10x per day and kill yourself in my name- kind of god.  I believe that's foolish and was just a man-made chunk of crap.  Our God is beyond genius, forgiving, and wants you to value life (yours and others)...  No wife beating allowed or encouraged by the Christian God.  No virgins in heaven for you to bang when you kill yourself in the name of "the creator".  The morals taught by God are the morals that our world strives to live by, but fails anyway.  Everything just seems to add up.  ''

First of all you can't say that THE god of the Christians is that much different OR better from The god of the Muslims. Christians also used to be ' GOD SAYS YOU NEED TO WORSHIP 10X TIMES A DAY OR YOU GO TO HELL' or ' Killing an infidel is not a sin , it is a path to heaven ' . The last one is actually a true saying during the 10th-13th centuries when Christians 'spread' ( ahem mostly in a very BLOODY way ) their believes . Christians did burn innocent people because they were 'witches' or 'warlocks' or 'magicians'  etc.

Oh now you will try to say that it was a long time ago and that its not the God who ordered those bloody witch hunts and the infamous crusades and the Church said 'Come on guys , we are sorry!'. But then again , its not the god that orders Muslims to go kill 'infidels' and calls for a Jihad .As the Bible , the Koran is also a book which was written by mortal people so not in any way the actions of the current generation prove that THE MUSLIM GOD is not the 'right' God. Muslim might also say in the future ' Oh we are sorry for kinda killing you infidels , forgive us okay ?' But that won't change the fact that both Christianity and the Muslim religion were used to kill innocent people . Oh and by the way , crimes against humanity have no time frame( Its hard to say this in English. It means that it doesn't matter when it happened , you can still be charged and found guilty , depends on the evidence ) , so i would be happy if someone charges the 'church' with violations of human rights .

You know , actually the Muslim religion is more convincing to me than Christianity. Just think about it ? How many Christian interpretations of the holy Bible are there ? The old Testament , The new Testament , King Jameses Testament , Orthodox Bible(it is a bit different than the catholic one or the protestant one) , not to mention the 'crazy' new 'christian' churches which have appeared lately (around 1-90 years old) .

Compared to that , the Muslim religion has only 3 Koran interpretations . The Shiit Koran(The old Koran) , The Sunit Koran(The new Koran ) and the Vohabit Koran ( The terrorists Koran ). If i remember correctly  Shiit is the old one and Sunit is the new one but i don't remember for sure , so i might be wrong on this .

So 3 interpretations against around 7 or more ( i really don't know all the wacky christian branches and their absurd bibles ) . I would say that Mr. Muslim doesn't change his views on his religion every 200 years or so which probably makes it more believable and the Muslim god a bit more better in a way compared to the Christian one .

goodkebab

Quote from: Roberto1223 on December 30, 2008, 08:01:10 AM
i didnt know that church leaders banned condoms in africa.

its like banning life-vests in a childrens pool in some water-theme park

Same differance,   but Catholicism banns the use of condoms globally.  The church believes it is unnatural,  and therefore a sin.  So if the pope says this,  all the priests are required to say it as well.  It has nothing do with Africa really.   But there is a real motivation in this.   Namely,  for a religion to survive it  needs to "breed".

But on that note,  there are a number of barbaric  practices in Africa based on superstitions.  A big one is female circumcision.

VaNilla

Female Circumcision? Male circumcision is bad enough, holy fuck.

Tidenburg

I love how condoms and gays are unnatural but they'd have no problem flying in an aircraft, breathing underwater with a scuba suit and humans ever colonised another planet you could bet your ass they would go out there to preach. The unnatural arguement is just rediculous, there is barely an ounce of "natural" left in our everyday lives.

neth

it's not that they are unnatural, they're just mentally ill people that should be given help.

Cyntrox

Quote from: neth
I mean, I keep meeting people who say that they believe in God but they don't go to church and basically hate it. That's totally stupid since the only way to fully experience this religion is to do it with church's help. You say that you believe in God and Christ so you probably know that it's not enough to just say "I believe" and that you must stay in solid contact with God. I wonder how you do that if you don't go to church.
If the only way to fully experience religion is to go to church, why is there Christians that have converted to other religions?

The Catholic church has said many times that they regret what was done by the inqusition, they are sorry about it etc. It seems to be an easy example of how church is evil but it was about 300 years ago and if people remember things like this and are unable to forgive them, how can they for example not hate all German nation for what was done during the war. Thing is, many people want to remember only things that are suitable with their outlook.

You say that Church is evil because they did bad things hundreds of years ago ? Hell, I say citizens of Holland and Austria should die because many of their ancestors collaborated with Hitler and killed  hundred of thousands of jews. I bet people in Holland don't talk much about how eager some of them were to join the SS troops, hmm ?

Obviously you can't blame today's people for what was done so much time ago as well as you can't blame today's church for what was done even earlier.
The difference between the German nation and the Catholic church is that germany doesn't keep using the same ethics and moral codes that they used during the Holocaust. The Catholic church, on the other hand, is still using the Bible's morals, the same that were used during the inquisitions, the crusade, the countless executions of "witches" and "heretics," the list goes on.

it's not that they are unnatural, they're just mentally ill people that should be given help.
No, they're not. There's not a shred of scientific proof that being gay is an illness, it is only a lame excuse used by religious people who are so damned conservative that they're afraid of what they don't know.

Westfall

Quote from: neth on December 31, 2008, 05:15:44 PM

wow.....you're an idiot if that's in reference to homosexuals. In fact you're just one more cause to the problem.

neth

Quote from: Cyntrox on December 31, 2008, 05:37:58 PM

If the only way to fully experience religion is to go to church, why is there Christians that have converted to other religions?

what ?

The difference between the German nation and the Catholic church is that germany doesn't keep using the same ethics and moral codes that they used during the Holocaust. The Catholic church, on the other hand, is still using the Bible's morals, the same that were used during the inquisitions, the crusade, the countless executions of "witches" and "heretics," the list goes on.

So ? They don't murder people any more since 300 years, so saying it is the same church is simply stupid.
BTW in last elections German neonazistic party got over 10% to the local parliament in one of the lands.

Quote from: Cyntrox
No, they're not. There's not a shred of scientific proof that being gay is an illness, it is only a lame excuse used by religious people

Hold on pal, you can't say homosexuality is natural, You know why ? The main purpose of sex is reproduction. That's right, reproduction, not pleasure. It's natural for all mammals that 2 genders work together so they can start new life. Is is possible when two guys stick penises into each others asses ? No, it's not possible, it can bring them nothing but pleasure and that's why it is not natural, so please spare me this politically correct bullshit and face the truth. The FACT is, sex of the same genders is as much productive as sex with trees, children or dead bodies - absolutely non-productive and that's why there is no reason why not to call it perversion.

Here's my superb scientific proof. Now you try to prove me that homosexuality is something different to the above mentioned perversions.
------------

QuoteIn fact you're just one more cause to the problem.

hmm ?

Cyntrox

Quote from: neth on December 31, 2008, 06:48:42 PM

what ?
If the church is the ultimate answer to getting a religious experience, how come some people have left the christianity for other religions?

So ? They don't murder people any more since 300 years, so saying it is the same church is simply stupid.
BTW in last elections German neonazistic party got over 10% to the local parliament in one of the lands.
Yet you still hurt people through condemnation and self-denial (more about that below).

Quote from: nethHold on pal, you can't say homosexuality is natural, You know why ? The main purpose of sex is reproduction. That's right, reproduction, not pleasure. It's natural for all mammals that 2 genders work together so they can start new life. Is is possible when two guys stick penises into each others asses ? No, it's not possible, it can bring them nothing but pleasure and that's why it is not natural, so please spare me this politically correct bullshit and face the truth. The FACT is, sex of the same genders is as much productive as sex with trees, children or dead bodies - absolutely non-productive and that's why there is no reason why not to call it perversion.

Here's my superb scientific proof. Now you try to prove me that homosexuality is something different to the above mentioned perversions.
Superb scientific proof? Before you call it that, I'd like you to justify the assumption that there is such a thing as a purpose of sex. Political correctness has nothing to do with it, and while you may consider same-gender sex unproductive, so is for example prayer. Oh, and by the way, homosexuality is documented in other mammal species too (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals).

You say homosexuality is an illness. Well, what's the definition of an illness? Assuming that an illness is something that affects you negatively, homosexuality is not an illness. However, many homosexuals have mental problems because of condemnation from large groups such as christians who somehow have decided that homosexuality is bad. Therefore homosexuality is not a disease, however christianity is a cancer to our society.

neth

Quote from: Cyntrox on December 31, 2008, 07:14:35 PM
If the church is the ultimate answer to getting a religious experience, how come some people have left the christianity for other religions?

I can't see any contradiction here. Fact that someone fully experienced some religion doesn't mean that he is strong enough to stay with it or not to be attracted by some other religion.

Oh, and by the way, homosexuality is documented in other mammal species too (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals).

So what, it only proves that this disorder/illness is typical not only for humans.

You say homosexuality is an illness. Well, what's the definition of an illness? Assuming that an illness is something that affects you negatively, homosexuality is not an illness.

If you want the definition go search the WHO definition before 1990, when the homosexuality was erased from the illnesses list. Have you heard about reason why that happened ? some kind of breakthrough in medical research ?

Yes it has negative effects - it is a disorder that makes the procreation impossible from the psychological point of view, while it is still possible from the psychical point of view (which doesn't mean these people can't be cured through some kind of therapy).

Also, what about these guys who have sex with trees, excrements or dead bodies ? These guys feel great each time they do it and would surely deny if you asked them about the negative effects. Why don't we just erase these cases from disorders list, they don't hurt anyone!

Westfall

Again, you're an idiot if you think that homosexuality is a disease. Its a way of life and no fucking book or cultist group could tell any gay or straight person how they are to live.

If your so in love with your God, don't you think he would treat everyone as equals? After all, weren't we created in the image of God? Does that mean that God is man and likes woman? Does that mean God is woman and likes man? It would never mean that man could like man or woman could like woman? Why? Did God say so...in the book that man wrote? So fucking naive. That's what happened when you get brainwashed.

You have absolutely no right to dub a gay person as "ill". In fact, the only person with the disorder is you, for being as close-minded as you are. Continue to be a jesus-lover, but stay the fuck away from me....I want absolutely nothing to do with your mindset. ESPECIALLY if this is your belief.

neth

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Actually, the way you answer is quite...disappointing, One could expect more from you.

QuoteIf your so in love with your God, don't you think he would treat everyone as equals? After all, weren't we created in the image of God? Does that mean that God is man and likes woman? Does that mean God is woman and likes man? It would never mean that man could like man or woman could like woman? Why? Did God say so...in the book that man wrote? So fucking naive. That's what happened when you get brainwashed.

You forgot something. Homosexuality is a mental disorder. It's funny how you dodge all my arguments showing their illness. You also keep talking about God you don't believe in constantly trying to insult my feelings but it only makes me smile. Religion has had completely no impact on my opinion about homosexuality. All my thoughts are logical while yours are based on emotions.

You still don't want to admit that gay behaviours are unnatural (yes, unnatural because they are against the NATURE, they bring nothing but pleasure to these people while they are socially non-productive) It's a pity I have to repeat myself but you seem to avoid answering some parts.

Please spare me that bullshit about equality and being close-minded and give me FACTS. I finally want to know what is the difference between homosexuals and guys "having sex" with trees, excrements or dead bodies etc. I finally want to know why the first ones are treated like they are completely ordinary and the others are considered to be perverts. Where is the difference between them, that nobody can see ?

Also, funny how tolerant person you are here and how "homophobic" you were when you called Kokafan - Cockfan or Yayzor - Gayzor on SCLamers. So, everything was ok there ? Does the word "tolerance" allows you to defend gays in public but to laugh at them when you're with your friends in much smaller community ? Oh wait, that's not tolerance, that's HYPOCRISY.

Now, come on, call me names, insult me more and remember, in your world the God doesn't exist, there are only the rights of nature.