i am an atheist

Started by Roberto1223, December 15, 2008, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidenburg

Quote from: Westfall on February 03, 2009, 06:11:38 AM
Quote from: Tidenburg on February 01, 2009, 08:58:57 PM
QuoteI think Black Holes have plenty to do with beginnings and endings.
Black holes are hardly the thing to end all. They emit energy in the form of heat and blast matter which would obliterate you in an instant from the center up and downward.

lol...you need to check out a little more about black holes. They are infinitely sucking shit into them and breaking down the matter these things are made of. They do not give off energy due to their constant taking in of energy.

Oh-so-very wrong. YOU look up black holes. They emit matter BECAUSE of their massive gravitational pull.

frvge

So they pull and then push? Uh? I'm with Westfall. They are black because not even light can get out. How would they emit something else? Their presence is merely deducted from the absence of other radiation or curvatures.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Spark Mandriller

I thought the whole point of black holes was that nothing got out.

Snakebit.

How are black holes connected to someone being an atheist ?  ???

Tidenburg

frvge, they don't push. But they emit energy for sure. There are places on the internet you can read this stuff and i'm not sarcastic enough to post a "let me google that for you" link. :)

Edit:
Found - http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970630e.html
there are quite alot of things like these if you look.

Westfall

Nice article. Notice how he says in one instance that the form of energy emitted gets destroyed instantly, then later states that the form of matter can maintain itself near the hole. The energy emitted doesn't last, and if it does it's a form of matter.

Kubanator

Quote from: Westfall on February 03, 2009, 10:25:40 PM
Nice article. Notice how he says in one instance that the form of energy emitted gets destroyed instantly, then later states that the form of matter can maintain itself near the hole. The energy emitted doesn't last, and if it does it's a form of matter.

He says that the energy is canceled out by the opposing particle. Anti-matter and matter.

He later states that the matter can maintain itself near a black hole because it's counter part releases a lot of energy getting sucked into a black hole, and the only way to maintain unity is to throw the other one in the opposite direction.

Westfall

Funny how it reverts back to balance

Kubanator

Quote from: Westfall on February 04, 2009, 02:45:06 AM
Funny how it reverts back to balance

Uh how? Everything is based off of balance....

Westfall

Quote from: Kubanator on February 04, 2009, 12:42:01 AM
Quote from: Westfall on February 03, 2009, 10:25:40 PM

He says that the energy is canceled out by the opposing particle. Anti-matter and matter.

He later states that the matter can maintain itself near a black hole because it's counter part releases a lot of energy getting sucked into a black hole, and the only way to maintain unity is to throw the other one in the opposite direction.

This seems like a whole lot of balance then yes? Piece of matter and its COUNTER PART. This is balance.

Roberto1223

Black holes suck :(

so how long will the human era last? will we be establishing in other planets by then? what do u guys think.

or will be die like the dinosaurs lol.

also, another thing; increase in body size is an evolutionary trend. how big will humans get after many years of evolution?

will we turn into giants haha?

thats how dinosaurs started and look at their size before becoming extict lol.

Snakebit.

Everything in the universe has a beginning and has an end. Stars , planets , solar systems . They all die eventually and so the humanity will also die one day or the other . The question is how long will we live ?
10 years more 100 years more 1000 years more 100000000 years more ????

Westfall

I don't see us making it to the year 3,000.

Kubanator

Quote from: Roberto1223 on February 05, 2009, 05:43:31 AM
Black holes suck :(

so how long will the human era last? will we be establishing in other planets by then? what do u guys think.

or will be die like the dinosaurs lol.

also, another thing; increase in body size is an evolutionary trend. how big will humans get after many years of evolution?

will we turn into giants haha?

thats how dinosaurs started and look at their size before becoming extict lol.

For an evolutionary standpoint, there is no advantage to growing larger if you are already at the top. It just increases your metabolism, forcing you to eat more, and making African kids even more hungry.

Quote from: Snakebit. on February 05, 2009, 02:48:07 PM
Everything in the universe has a beginning and has an end. Stars , planets , solar systems . They all die eventually and so the humanity will also die one day or the other . The question is how long will we live ?
10 years more 100 years more 1000 years more 100000000 years more ????

Actually, the universe doesn't need a beginning. It could have always existed. As for how long we will live, likely, it won't be long before humanity is wiped out. Its possible to live long, but not likely.

Farley4Fan

The universe always has been?  Eh, I don't think so.  It's quite possible that, if you believe in intelligent design, that time was created after the universe.  Who knows for sure?  If that's so, then technically the universe always existed.  O.o crazy huh?  This goes back to what I was saying about the origin of God himself.  Since time did not exist when he came to be, maybe that's why in the Bible it says that God always existed?  I guess what I'm wondering about here is that back when time did not exist, if something else had existed, does that mean it always was there?