i am an atheist

Started by Roberto1223, December 15, 2008, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ion.67

First of all, there are no concepts. I don't believe in god, and if there were concepts, that would be the religion of no god. You are shit at living so try and get better.

Religion as a basis is the thought of having something after you die, that you don't just end. Praying for something to happen doesn't get anything done. That is my point.

I wish I was christian, because then I could say go to fucking hell. But since I can't, I will just say go die in a hole.

Now, in an effort to avoid having this thread closed, let's get back on topic and end the personal insults and retardedness.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Ion.67 on April 01, 2010, 11:10:14 PM
First of all, there are no concepts. I don't believe in god, and if there were concepts, that would be the religion of no god. You are shit at living so try and get better.

The one good thing that comes from atheists is that they don't believe in an afterlife, so they preach that people live better lives.  You would make a good preacher, Ion.

Religion as a basis is the thought of having something after you die, that you don't just end. Praying for something to happen doesn't get anything done. That is my point.

I've heard your point.  What are you getting at?  We all, more or less, know these things.

I wish I was christian, because then I could say go to fucking hell. But since I can't, I will just say go die in a hole.

What is it?  Die in a hole or try to live a better life?  I'm confused.

Now, in an effort to avoid having this thread closed, let's get back on topic and end the personal insults and retardedness.

So, you post a picture that says "YOU'RE A RETARD!" and then immediately after that, you say to get back on topic and end the personal insults.  I think you maybe missed a step or ten.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Ambiguous Rocket on April 01, 2010, 08:17:51 PM
Quote from: FarleyFan on April 01, 2010, 02:43:48 AM
God grant me strength so that I can talk some sense into Ion.

This is probably the first post you've made that I've liked.

:(

I thought you would like this one.

Quote from: FarleyFan on March 30, 2010, 07:30:45 AM
Quote from: CurdyMilk on March 27, 2010, 04:57:41 PM
Quote from: Ambiguous Rocket on March 27, 2010, 08:26:06 AM
Quote from: monterto on March 27, 2010, 06:02:25 AM
Mark + execute

that is all

test test test

No No No.  Mark and execute is one of the biggest downfalls in Splinter Cell Conviction.  It makes the gameplay feel automated without feeling any glory for your actions.  All you do is put a mark on the guy and then press a button whenever you want and it just kills him.  No real skill or fun involved.  It should be a free game without the computer itself doing the work for you because a lot of doors of opportunity are closed with this.

Curdy, he was joking.  No one likes M+E.

But maybe we should test to double check.

Westfall

This thread isn't really still going. Let it die already.

Ion.67

Quote from: Westfall on April 02, 2010, 03:14:45 PM

Will it go to heaven?

tigaer

Quote from: Ion.67 on April 02, 2010, 08:42:25 PM
Quote from: Westfall on April 02, 2010, 03:14:45 PM

Will it go to heaven?

Why do you say you don't care about other peoples beliefs, but then you go and mock them? Do you lose sleep at night knowing everybody isn't an atheist like you? Does it piss you off that some people believe in a God and afterlife? I don't understand.

Farley4Fan

Tigaer's got it.  The seemingly arrogant atheists abroad will never admit that they *might* be wrong.  Not only that, as if feeling like you know the answers isn't enough, you must insult everyone who does think you might be wrong.

Now I know I was generalizing, so don't crucify me.

Tigaer, Ion's response will be something like "It pisses me off that religion holds back humanity!" or something of that nature.  What he fails to see is that religion advanced our humanity to a certain, important, degree. 

Ion.67

I made a joke about dying. Get over it. I didn't take into account any mocking or political views; this thread is about religion, comment was posted about thread dying, boom.

Farley4Fan

Was I pissed about the joke?  You need to get over yourself.  Boom.

Ion.67

Quote from: FarleyFan on April 02, 2010, 11:37:09 PM
Was I pissed about the joke?  You need to get over yourself.  Boom.

Two posts were made about one line of a joke. So yes, you seemed to respond to it.

Tidenburg

Farley, either you're a win troll or a complete moron. Ethics and morals existed FAR before the bible. Religion helped literise Britain was probably the only recently usefull thing it does. It also happens to scare people into doing things that if they were truely self-less they'd be doing anyway. Oh wait, it's also caused *DIRECTLY* the deaths of millions and causes irrational hate throughout the world.

I also laughed (and only suspect troll because of) you calling athiests ignorant. Firstly, go fuck yourself if you're going to stereotype like that. Second, I question what I believe all the time, including my lack of religious views. The difference between me and you is, when I do this I weigh up the probability of either side based on actual evidence, whereas (if YOU ever actually even considered you're wrong) you'd just use the "I've always believed this" as a huge way in favour OF religion. Don't say athiests are unquestioning when most athiests in America aren't raised that way - they get there THROUGH questioning their beliefs, religious nads are some of the most adamant delusionals you'll come across.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Religion is not another word for christianity only. What about muslims? Currently they are far more fucked up then christianity is at the moment, except the catholic church little boy affair.

So far I rather see them being nuked into oblivion then every religion together.

Savior20061

Yes but the only reason they're religion is more fucked up is because more of them take it seriously. Most Christians don't really follow the Bible's more extremist doctrines and go off murdering homosexuals and atheists. It's all due to education and secularism and the Middle East needs a shitload of both.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Muslim's expand far further then the middle-easts alone. Fucked up Azian muslims are more extreme in their manners.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Tidenburg on April 03, 2010, 09:35:32 AM
Farley, either you're a win troll or a complete moron. Ethics and morals existed FAR before the bible. Religion helped literise Britain was probably the only recently usefull thing it does. It also happens to scare people into doing things that if they were truely self-less they'd be doing anyway. Oh wait, it's also caused *DIRECTLY* the deaths of millions and causes irrational hate throughout the world.

I'm a thousand percent sure I said religion helped advance humanity, not THE BIBLE.  Religion was around long before the Bible.  I mean, come on.  You call me ignorant in the next paragraph and say here that this is the only good thing religion does?  Really?

I also laughed (and only suspect troll because of) you calling athiests ignorant. Firstly, go fuck yourself if you're going to stereotype like that.

I'm a thousand percent sure that I said I was generalizing.  And I'm a thousand percent sure I said arrogant, not ignorant (though that can be true).  Your comprehension is shitty, why should I be the one fucking myself?

Second, I question what I believe all the time, including my lack of religious views. The difference between me and you is, when I do this I weigh up the probability of either side based on actual evidence, whereas (if YOU ever actually even considered you're wrong) you'd just use the "I've always believed this" as a huge way in favour OF religion. Don't say athiests are unquestioning when most athiests in America aren't raised that way - they get there THROUGH questioning their beliefs, religious nads are some of the most adamant delusionals you'll come across.

Well I'm glad you, like me, aren't so overly confident about your views like many other atheists and even Christians/Muslims etc...  Sometimes evidence isn't enough.  You could have all the "evidence" in the world and still not be convinced either way.  Don't say I ignore the evidence as this assumption is based on nothing but bias.  The difference is the way people think.  Some people just don't see a single way God can exist and some people don't see a way that God can't exist, and I pity those people. 

I don't think that just because once you have questioned your beliefs in the past and changed your thinking that it gives you the right to be an asshole and act like your point of view is the end-all-be-all way of thinking.  Even once a former religious man renounces his religious beliefs, should he cease to question his new beliefs?  It's like a person believing he's reached the pinnacle of his mental evolution, arrogance at its finest.  (This goes vice versa for religious people ofc)