i am an atheist

Started by Roberto1223, December 15, 2008, 11:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ion.67

Quote from: CurdyMilk on April 06, 2010, 07:19:17 PM
Quote from: Ion.67 on April 06, 2010, 01:27:32 AM
Maybe part of the reason your posts don't make sense is that your sentences are grammatically incorrect and feature numerous errors? I already explained my thoughts on the topic regardless of your ability of typing.
Sorry, but I can't really understand what this means because it has some grammatical errors.  "Ability of typing" is one of the parts I just can't figure out.  Does it mean the typing has ability or is it my ability to type?  Maybe if I could comprehend this then I would be able to respond.
Your ability of typing coherent sentences. I am pretty sure it works either way. Regardless, everyone agreed that your writing was absolutely horrendous.

Westfall

Quote from: Ignas on April 07, 2010, 01:51:05 PM
Quote from: Westfall on April 07, 2010, 06:00:50 AM
Quote from: Ignas on April 07, 2010, 12:51:20 AM
Quote from: Westfall on April 07, 2010, 12:13:42 AM
Wait wait...so illusion means dead.............we're all dead then. Everything around you is dead...your personality is dead...ouch, that's a mean way to put it.
Why? The fact doesn't change anything, life goes on you know? ::)
how can life go on if you're dead?
If everything is dead then there is no life or death, therefore the terms are interchangeable because neither of them apply.
That's how.

You make absolutely no sense. Nice try though. Glad you make sense in your own head.

Farley4Fan

QuoteI have to ask because I've debated many creationists/Jesusfreaks/Biblehumpers, not saying you are one. But you all seem to have the same mindset. That if there wasn't a Creator, then nothing ever matters and there is no meaning. Why does everyone always have to look for a fucking all-in-one meaning? Why can't people just live out their lives and scratch together some meaning as they go along?

No.  If all this happened by chance then it is still amazing.  Maybe not equally amazing but I'd say I'm pretty damn lucky to be alive and I'd try to enjoy what time I have left.  I believe there is a God and I intend to live my life to the fullest despite my belief in some form of an afterlife.

:D

From everything i've read on this topic, the only thing i can determine about this conversation is that this is a massive assault on religion. Also same in almost every single forum you run into, it is always the religious person on the defense. Not to mention the total amount of people that are against the one or two religious people. This is no mere debate, this is more of a everyone gang up on this person and throw all of the shots and don't give them any shots to question your motives.

But i will say that Farleyfan has done an amazing job at defending so i applaud him for sticking in it. 

Savior20061

Quote from: :D on April 18, 2010, 09:43:25 AM
From everything i've read on this topic, the only thing i can determine about this conversation is that this is a massive assault on religion. Also same in almost every single forum you run into, it is always the religious person on the defense. Not to mention the total amount of people that are against the one or two religious people. This is no mere debate, this is more of a everyone gang up on this person and throw all of the shots and don't give them any shots to question your motives.
Religion can cry me a river. The vast majority of the time, it's just a way to preserve a social hierarchy, with the elite benefitting the most and making all the rules.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

Westfall

Quote from: Savior20061 on April 22, 2010, 07:29:57 PM
Religion can cry me a river. The vast majority of the time, it's just a way to preserve a social hierarchy, with the elite benefitting the most and making all the rules.

there it is....

Farley4Fan

Umm, this would be irrelevant to his point.  Cry ME a river, build a bridge, cross the bridge, and take your crying to the "elites".  I wouldn't be one of those "elites" that chaps your ass.

Savior20061

I see your point on that. ;D
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

I am sorry for you that you have grown up around religions where this ^ happens, but truthfully you are just stereotyping because not all religions are like that.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: :D on April 25, 2010, 10:46:09 PM
I am sorry for you that you have grown up around religions where this ^ happens, but truthfully you are just stereotyping because not all religions are like that.
Name an actual religion where it doesn't happen.
Catholicism, Orthodox Christianity, Islam, Jehovah Witness', and 99% of the messianic current in religion are against what you're saying.
All I can see to prove your point is Buddhism and most of the old Pagan beliefs (all this New Age crap is... well, crap).

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Ignas on April 25, 2010, 11:51:55 PM
Quote from: :D on April 25, 2010, 10:46:09 PM
Name an actual religion where it doesn't happen.
Catholicism, Orthodox Christianity, Islam, Jehovah Witness', and 99% of the messianic current in religion are against what you're saying.
All I can see to prove your point is Buddhism and most of the old Pagan beliefs (all this New Age crap is... well, crap).
Not all Christianity does, Most types of Baptist, and some Lutheran and Methodist or at least at one point they were not. To be honest, yes most religions it is like that almost like a pyramid, but not all. So in that sense you can not hate all on all religions for being like this.