OMG where's the new stuff?

Started by frvge, July 12, 2011, 10:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSuperior

Well even CT had that "getting used to darkness". But i am not sure, what brightness the visions had... maybe... "default"? 50%?

No idea...
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

It did oO, my chams probably removed that effect.

zglina

OMG where's the new stuff?! where is it?!

knooger

Quote from: Meister_Neo on July 25, 2011, 11:56:35 PM
Well even CT had that "getting used to darkness". But i am not sure, what brightness the visions had... maybe... "default"? 50%?

No idea...
CT have "eye acomodation" effect or however it should be called in english. It's not huge but It used to help me a lil bit in some situations ;]

Zedblade

the eye adjustment was cool and all, but it was ultimately made obsolete since everyone just whored out MT.

In PS it should have more of an impact.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Justus on July 26, 2011, 08:21:05 PM
the eye adjustment was cool and all, but it was ultimately made obsolete since everyone just whored out MT.

It should or it will? Come on spill it  >:(

Zedblade

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 26, 2011, 09:26:24 PM

I can't tell you what I don't know.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Justus on July 26, 2011, 09:35:35 PM
Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 26, 2011, 09:26:24 PM

You can't tell because you don't know or because you do know, but you don't know without wanting us to know what you want to know but still not knowing the thing we want to know?

Cronky

How are people messing up quotes? Took me a minute to figure out that Dread actually said something in his last reply.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

frvge

Eye adjustment hasn't been discussed, that's why we don't know.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

So far, the best ideas I've seen/read are:

1 (Cronky):
QuoteMaybe elbow chaining is a Co-Op move. If you hit the Merc 3 times then they get knocked out.
Based on a time limit, and keeping a stronger self-defense move like Berserk in mind, this might be a good way to get rid of the cases where you can't seem to grab a Merc when you are double-teaming. Should be fairly balanced.

2 (Vega):
The picture of 2 Spies disabling a security cam silently by standing on eachother's shoulders. I am not sure how much effect it'll have on gameplay and it's a lot of animation work, but it's a nice idea. (btw, lasers come generally from 1 side in games)

3 (Meister_Neo):
More apparent eye adjustments for Mercs based on darkness.

Vote now :P Winner gets his reward around next weekend.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Cronky on July 26, 2011, 10:09:45 PM
How are people messing up quotes? Took me a minute to figure out that Dread actually said something in his last reply.

Fix'd, but seriously it's a forum problem...it never happened before oO

Tidenburg

Cronky

Quote from: frvge on July 26, 2011, 10:34:07 PM
1 (Cronky):
QuoteMaybe elbow chaining is a Co-Op move. If you hit the Merc 3 times then they get knocked out.
Based on a time limit, and keeping a stronger self-defense move like Berserk in mind, this might be a good way to get rid of the cases where you can't seem to grab a Merc when you are double-teaming. Should be fairly balanced.

The only problem with my idea is that you guys are going to (unless I'm mistaken) put the grab and elbow moves on different keys. This idea makes sense for CT where there was a lot of knocking back and forth while you were TRYING to grab them, but when you have a key dedicated to that one move then you wont have to really worry about it. You just have to jam on the key until you get it.

I just don't see many people using the elbow key (regularly) if there is a dedicated key to what you're ACTUALLY trying to do every time you go for a Merc. Perhaps I'm just not thinking it through too well though, or it's something I actually have to play with to really grasp. It took reading many topics on here to understand WHY you would want to knock out a Merc rather than just kill him. This problem seems similar, and I expect I'm just as blind.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky