Do you think there is a chance of...

Started by DreadStunLock, January 12, 2012, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

Ubisoft banning your website for the sake of the fact that your game is similiar to theirs and you guys owned them with a big "Fuck you"?

Curious...

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

BearInATie

Preposterous; that's as crazy as them installing annoying software that encourages piracy...

Aj

They tried that when the wicked witch of the southwest was a tyrant, I mean mod, over there.  It ended up with her getting demodded among other things.

NeoSuperior

Of course there is no chance for that to happen... I mean if it DID happen then the newspapers would have something very interesting to say about one of the most known video game producers... I don't know which ones it is in your countries, but every country should have some kind of news paper with BIG PICTURES who like to report about every little incident. In Germany it's the "BILD-Zeitung".
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: Aj on January 12, 2012, 11:14:28 PM
They tried that when the wicked witch of the southwest was a tyrant, I mean mod, over there.  It ended up with her getting demodded among other things.

I used to make threads pretending I'd forgotten the url for sc lamers and asking for a link to it. It was fun seeing how long it took before they vanished.

DreadStunLock

I was just curious, because a lot of Gaming VBloggers started to take it seriously and ask their community to vote against....

Oh my god, I am an idiot T.T I FORGOT TO ADD THE WORD SOPA SOMEWHERE IN THE TITLE T.T

SHIT! That's the 43 hours of no sleep talking, shit sorry guys. ><

But yeah, vote against SOPA...

Any thoughts?

Spark Mandriller

Uh, Dread, you do know how laws are made, right? The residents of projectstealthgame.com don't actually get votes on whether they pass or not.

Also if you think Ubisoft could shut down PS because it's similar to a game they've made then I think you might need to read up on what SOPA actually entails.

Aj

Also add in the fact that Ubi is based in France, SOPA is in the US, and the PS forum servers are based in Europe afaik.

DreadStunLock

frvge

We have a .com domain, so SOPA applies because Verisign (company of '.com') is based there. They have way too much power.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

SteveTheCookie

Quote from: frvge on January 13, 2012, 01:51:29 PM
We have a .com domain, so SOPA applies because Verisign (company of '.com') is based there. They have way too much power.
Yeah, but couldn't you change it to .somethingelse if you had to?

Pusianka

"Do you think there is a chance of..."

I love phrases like "inspired by" or "IMHO", they can do so much and yet it's legit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

DreadStunLock

Quote from: SteveTheCookie on January 13, 2012, 07:47:37 PM
Quote from: frvge on January 13, 2012, 01:51:29 PM
Yeah, but couldn't you change it to .somethingelse if you had to?

I am not too sure if you can change it into something they wouldn't have power on to.

The idea of what I heard is it's going to be, even if a company or anything of major importance suspects even a hint of piracy, they can shut down the website without a warning straight away, they don't even need to file anything or give you a reason. So if that hits. Piratebay and Demonoid and any other places of such will be dead.