Look what i found on the net!

Started by goodkebab, December 09, 2006, 11:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodkebab

First merc concept finished....Primary concern was lighting and shading.  The armor detailing needs so be modelled a bit different to make it more realistic.  The great thing about concept art is that you work these problems out in the beginning.

But other then that i like that atmosphere.

btw:  the gun concept was straight out of my head...i dont expect to use it and would base it more heavily on real life designs

goodkebab

only thing missing for him is  a background.

We need a sexy background where you can see spies about to get the drop on him.

Also, i would like to work out a logo for him....needs to be fitting for military.  I love Argus and Upsilon (both greek referances)....so it would be cool to see something like that.

Feel free to give me some ideas, if you guys are graphic designers all the better.

frvge

It seems like non-members cant see the attachments.

Lambda is used by HL2 of course... We can do Epsilon instead of Upsilon :P
I persoanlly suggest a phi or psi because of their good logo-ness. Psi could be -> psy. Or s[pi]s :D
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

MacBryce

Indeed, you have to be a member to see the attachments. Is that a problem? If we've got enough concept art, I'll make a special page for stuff like this.

Greek letters are so 90s. ;D Let's go Phoenician!

Samekh

Zayin

Or how about runes?

Odal

Phi and Psy are cool but they are a bit too short word-wise imo.

goodkebab

great macbryce!  keep them coming guys...also i re-hosted the image....people should be able to see it now

Overstatement

So just to be clear, did you make that or did you actually found it on the internet?

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Overstatement

Well then he needs to change the title to avoid confusion. It's well known that goodkebeb is a Vulcan so a joke may throw people off

And it's perfect. Someone get to modelling!

I like the gun, lets keep the gun. Looks like when you snipe, the stock would be on the shoulder and the scope with be eye level, very ergonomically friendly.

goodkebab

lmao

overstatement....your humor almost makes me think you are german  ;)

Overstatement

Yeah, I know. Sometimes I fail myself. I can always tell when a joke is going to bomb but I still can't help myself. It's really society's fault, you know.

Lurch

I've got ya modelers a simple and pretty realistic (GRAW anyone?) weapon design to base the merc gun on. Whaddya like?

Vega

HOLY SHIT KEBAB THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!  Very CT-like but super freaking cool.  MY ONLY complaint is that I wish his whole face was covered.  Ears, sides of of the mouth, everything.  I think he would look 5x cooler if his whole face was covered.

Lurch I like that gun, a little different, things are cool besides the launcher.  I just don't like that type of launcher on anything other than an m16. 

psyichic

I suggest Omega.

On the note of the merc: Looks great although I want to suggest streamlining the shoulder area. Some of the armor looks out of placed compared to the body and far to bulky for movement's sake. I suggest reducing it maybe to an arm band type and reducing the elbow pad size a bit. Along with that thier neckpeice with the electronics also looks almost too big. I would say reduce the size but keep the design and make it a bit more angular like the new helmet.

FlamingGimp

Along with psyichic's comments, the knee pads seem a little off to me, might be considering the level of tech in the rest of his suit.

Besides that the antenna on his helmet makes him look buggish, don't know if that was intentional.  Otherwise, good work man.

goodkebab

yeah....i intend to integrate the armor more into the actual suit....such things look good in a pencil sketch but once colored can look out of place.

I am not going reduce the neck electronics though...the idea behind that is it is the battery and hi tech hardware that provides the power for his vision mode and flashlight.  This guy is supposed to light up on emf....so there has to be something going on to express that.  -something overlooked  in CT. I want to somehow show how it is attached to the helmet.

Also, I am missing the arm gauntlet for Camnet...

The antennae can be thinned and made subtle...i actually like it and dont think "buggish" is a bad thing.