Main Menu

Tear gas?

Started by tigaer, June 22, 2007, 06:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Nah, saw it on some movie (don't remember title :/)
it was applied through a cannon there, though ;D

iservealot

Quote from: frvge on June 23, 2007, 01:43:55 AM
I like foam better than netting. It's more original.

It could possibly make the spy not as tactical until it wears off. Maybe like, he can't climb pipes or do ledge grabs right after he gets hit with one of these?

Quote from: iservealot on June 23, 2007, 08:16:41 AM
Quote from: frvge on June 23, 2007, 01:43:55 AM
I like foam better than netting. It's more original.

It could possibly make the spy not as tactical until it wears off. Maybe like, he can't climb pipes or do ledge grabs right after he gets hit with one of these?
No, in the movie, the whole body, arms an legs were covered, so i think it should stop the spy, for say 5-10 secs, until he breaks it, and then the foam should stay where the spy broke it, so mercs can see that the spy was there, etc, etc

Tidenburg

I think we should eliminate the one off killing mines... They meant there was no point in using the poisoned ones because you could just kill them in one go and they also meant the merc didn't have to do anything to  kill the spy which is why alot of people don't like mines. Maybe they should just flash and make a boom noise, then the spy is KO'ed for a few seconds, it means that the merc either can use it as a trap when a spy is fleeing & they will have to be there and actually claim their kill. I know some people won't like the idea because loads of people loved mining in tactical places but it will make its more fair, sometime spies have no choice but to run into mines.

Gawain

stfu, as Gawain said - you don't know what you are talking about - you look at the case only from the spies point of view...

Tidenburg

Lol. That's because, I am a spy!

No, I just like the idea of stunning and then shooting the spy yourself.

p.s. I actually play as mercenary most of the time.

Would this foam dry instantly or would we get a chance to hide first? It would look funny just seeing a spy run into a room and then this foams spraying out of the doorway :)

The foam should take some time to dry, say 2-4 secs, so the spy can get to a safe place, but he shouldn't have the ability to escape  further than say 20 meters, also, if it doesn't dry instantly, it should take more time for the spy to break it

Tidenburg

Now i've thought about it it shouldn't be visible, that seems a bit cheesy like something you'd see in a cartoon. Perhaps  it's like a gloss which sprays out and your suit becomes more shiny and you hear like a cracking noise (like a windows slowly cracking) as the rubber in your suit begins to solidify? Then you begin to slow down until your stuck completely.

I just think a big foamy spy running around sounds a bit funny :D

Nah, i thought of it as something the spy can break with his muscles, while what you say is that the spy will remain stuck - i can't imagine a spy running half-naked around aqua ;D

tigaer

No, its like this... in rainbow, if someone sees a teargas infront of them, they dont go into it, cause theyll most of the time die cause they cant see, but if you have a gasmask you just walk through easily.

And, yeah it wouldnt slow you down, at all.

I think it would be good when your being chased to block a doorway, it is transparent and it starts as a small gas cloud and expands (atleast in rainbow), but if you dont have a gasmask on itll fuck you up bad.

Gawain

this is splinter cell, not rainbow six ::)

if you wanna see creative traps, i highly recommend the cube film series ^^

frvge

Quote from: Gawain on June 24, 2007, 11:42:10 AM
this is splinter cell, not rainbow six ::)

if you wanna see creative traps, i highly recommend the cube film series ^^
Too bad we're not aiming for extreme gore.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

this whole threat is bullshit. but the original cube isn't really gore, it's very philosophical.

Tidenburg

I recommend a lube trap, when triggered it sprays KY everywhere causing anyone who dares run over it to slip over for the duration of the match.