Concept Menus / UI

Started by Daybreak, June 23, 2007, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daybreak

That's great pic for the lobby.
I just saw the other guy's menu and it looks much more polished. However, I do really like my layout and tabs. Makes it real easy.
Just as an FYI too, if you notice in the Lobby menu by the server names there are two symbols. One represents the classic spy gogles. He's a friend on your friends list. The nuclear symbol, is someone on your black list. Ya the symbols were lame, but I didn't think long enough for them. I wanted the ability to quickly locate a friend in the lobby, without going to the Friends list. Or in my case Opponents list. I think that would be a great new addition to the lobby.

goodkebab

thats a very good idea Daybreak  (friends and black list)

i wanted to put in a host controlled rating system so that vets will know what skill level they are going against...so they can avoid noob servers

Daybreak

It could work the same way. Have a little symbol appear by the server name in conjunction with a friend.
My original intention was this
good: friend
bad: enemy/foe/nemisis (someone you like to destroy)
ugly: Banned list

In anycase, that host control is a good idea. having 3 different symbols i think would be sufficient. experts novice and beginners. perhaps an in training as well.

Gui Brazil

It's looking really good Daybreak.

Daybreak

Alternate!!!

Sign in

Profile.

Game Lobby.

Zedblade

other then the gold/yello i like it. I always thougt red would be a better color to go with Gold/yellow is very sneaky/cool/gloomy/mature enough

when I see gold/yello i think happy places

iservealot

I like the blue, but it's all very cluttered.

All of the options that you have on top and on bottom should all be found under a separate page called, "Options". Just my opinion.

Vega

I like the blue significantly better than the gold.  The menus look good, kinda bland, but other than that it's superdeduper!

Westfall

Daybreak...that looks sick nasty...nicely done...

frvge

I think I prefer the yellow. More contrast. But the blue logo looks better. =/ lol.

+ button placement
+ font for 'Spies' and 'Mercs'
+ placement of the map and Briefings and stuff
- how do you change equip in lobby?
- how do you change team?
- text in chat through picture. Maybe a fade?
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Bionic-Blob

goodkebab

word up on yellow....

keep the cold colors, and use yellow for highlight of buttons and/or text.

This creates a color depth....cold colors are distant where as warm colors catch attention and appear closer.

The weakness of doing an all yellow UI is that you lose the ability to use the depth with colors.

Also, yellow is associated with Mercs.

Gawain

listen to the master ;)
i wanna see more discreet transitions and less contrast where it is not needed, and maybe some highlights (would be cool if they move). the creation lacks of flow, it somehow looks kludgy.

Daybreak

I can change the bottom right to options, but then it'll make two more clicks to get to any options you want.
Changing equipment in the game lobby is as easy as hitting profile. Just, in game lobby profile doesn't have the create a name menu.
Changing teams, click on the name. Or do we still want a button so we can rappidly change teams for no apparent reason.
The picture was a last minute addition. My original intention is having a close up of the spy face and merc face, faded in the background. However The mercs not done.

I was also a big fan of the yellow, but i wanted to show a different look. What I'm gonna try and do is merge the ideas of both tigear's and mine. I'll keep workin' and merging ideas.

Keep the ideas commin'

Gui Brazil

What if you made the players name yellow in the menu?