SCCT Multiplayer on Xbox Live

Started by Scanty Chunk, April 24, 2013, 12:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scanty Chunk

Hey guys, so I know some of you want to play SCCT Vs on xbox live but they shut down the servers right?
There's a program called Xbconnect that allows you to play on "xbox live" with games that had their servers shut down.
It basically takes your xbox's computer connection and sets you up with people over the internet using the same program.
It fools the xbox into thinking that those matches are System Link games.

So just FYI, if servers is what's holding people back from playing back on xbox. There's still hope :D
And I heard people are still on Xbconnect playing SCCT

I would actually recommend just playing on PC with a controller but if you're feeling genuine then there's this ;)

Just reporting my recent discoveries.

Cronky

The only problem I have with XBConnect, which holds true to the PC version as well, is that there is a certain amount of preparation that needs to be done to make it work. Granted after you set it up once it will be set up for the rest of the potential times you would use it. It's hard to convince people to play a game that they have to go out of their way to play though. In contrast of getting people to play a game like TF2, which is just download and play.

It also helps that my example game has a player population still. :P

It'd be interesting to see a company like GoG simply make the Versus mode compatible on PC (or at least streamlining the process of making it work), or Microsoft/Sony reupping the mode on their respective "Stores."
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Aj

FWIW, I'm playing it right now on XBC.  (actually waiting to play, watching a couple guys play DM sadly)

Aj

Ok, I'm gonna cry.

Some guy in XBC chat just said "screw story. let's play some spies vs mercs"

RaDRoacH

Sorry if my english is not perfect.