Assasin creed : Brotherhood for pc ?

Started by Snakebit., January 23, 2011, 05:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

You can't scrap AC SINGLE PLAYER WTF?! Are you mental!? AC SP is the best thing ever!

Farley4Fan

They said it was THE multiplayer installment and from the beginning apparently.  The Brohood campaign was meh.  Not very important story-wise, it added very little, and what was important could have been done in the next AC. 

They could have used that time/energy/resources on the MP to make it better.

LennardF1989

The story is pretty much a prologue to AC3, especially near the end a lot is happening and it gets quite confusing. They also mixed in some important storytelling (AKA to get what you were playing for) while you are climbing against the clock, so I pretty much missed the whole clue.

So, story was fun untill near the end, then it became meh, not enough closure. Now I have to youtube the end again.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Regarding stealth gameplay. Most missions so far only ever have 1 "catch" like don't be seen, don't kill anyone. But never both.

For example I had to recover a painting from a boat but I couldn't be spotted for 100% sync. I climbed up the rear and shot the nearest fellow with my crossbow. The others would investigate but I would climb down a bit. After a few seconds they spread around on the ship so I can pop another one and wait again. Kinda lame, similiar to how conviction works. It's OK to kill as long as you do it without letting yourself known.

I also don't really like how they punish me inside dungeons by giving me 8 minutes or so to complete. I like to take my time and immerse myself while enjoying the scenery. With 8 minutes I'm not even halfway before time is up. It's a shame you can't get 100% sync by going for all treasure or skip treasure and race to the end.

DreadStunLock

So you can't get the picture from a boat without killing or K.O? That's lame...

MulleDK19

Quote from: DreadStunLock on March 21, 2011, 09:27:56 PM
Yeah, but it's not out yet and it's being delayed isn't that why it could be delayed?

Not out yet? It's been out for 3 days now. How do you think I know the shit that's in the game?

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

DreadStunLock

Yeah, I just noticed, turned out it's been delayed for US :P and you know a lot of shit xD

MulleDK19

Quote from: DreadStunLock on March 22, 2011, 12:00:46 AM
Yeah, I just noticed, turned out it's been delayed for US :P and you know a lot of shit xD

It hasn't been delayed for the US. It was planned. Europe the 18th, US the 22nd.

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Wh1tE_Dw4rF on March 21, 2011, 11:42:59 PM
I also don't really like how they punish me inside dungeons by giving me 8 minutes or so to complete. I like to take my time and immerse myself while enjoying the scenery. With 8 minutes I'm not even halfway before time is up. It's a shame you can't get 100% sync by going for all treasure or skip treasure and race to the end.
Yea, at some point I stopped caring about the 100% sync. You can redo any memory for 100% sync from the menu though. My guess is they added it to make replay-value bigger.

DreadStunLock

Is 100% sync, is that just gives you a bigger health bar?

As far as I see the way Lennard posted it's not necessary?

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

No, it means how well you completed the mission by following the "catch" I mentioned earlier. Some catches encourage you to play as you're suppose to as Ezio story wise, but others are more of a pain in the ass and turns the mission into an exploitable state (also mentioned in my earlier post).

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

By the way, wasn't there a sneak preview of the game where a developer said they didn't like the passive combat by winning fights in parry mode? You just happen to need 1 counter attack to do 3+ instant kills in a row by tapping attack button.

LennardF1989

Doing 8 in a row gives you an UPlay achievement, I actually like how they did it now compared to AC/AC2, fighting got boring and was avoided most of the time in those installments.

DreadStunLock

I just noticed that this community is so anti-violence, we love to avoid fights, we want to get through the area and laugh at the NPCs :P This is truly a heaven....well...sometimes :D