Free? No way...

Started by Scanty Chunk, April 01, 2012, 08:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scanty Chunk

FYI, WHEN this game comes out, there's no way I'm going to play this game without giving the devs the money they deserve. Which is the price of a normal modern video game. I'll gladly pay 60$ for this when I download it. No question about it.

NeoSuperior

Well you can send them privatly a "present" of 60€, but keep in mind that their license of UDK does not allow them to take money for any game they create with it.

Aside from that, yes happy april fools day.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

We're still discussing ways of monetization. Originally it was free, but that was when we thought we could make it in 2-3 years... The costs we currently have (6 years or something) weren't meant for that.

So there's a chance we'll give PS a small price tag. Under $10 or like 8 euros. We'll have to see.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

WHAT?! AS IF! NOW I QUIT ProjectStealth community! SEE YOU ALL AGAIN IN HELL!

P.S.: Look at the 3 last words of my previous post.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Pusianka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

GanglarToronto

I would pay 50 bucks for this if it was promised some support after launch. Also some anti-cheat.

Cronky

Quote from: frvge on April 01, 2012, 07:02:06 PM
We're still discussing ways of monetization. Originally it was free, but that was when we thought we could make it in 2-3 years... The costs we currently have (6 years or something) weren't meant for that.

So there's a chance we'll give PS a small price tag. Under $10 or like 8 euros. We'll have to see.

I always forget this little piece of information, but wasn't there a like, legal reason for why it was free a while back? Something about the UDK license used by PS not allowing for commercial products or something? Or is that years old news that doesn't hold up to today?
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

AgentX_003

Quote from: Cronky on April 11, 2012, 06:49:41 PM
Quote from: frvge on April 01, 2012, 07:02:06 PM

I always forget this little piece of information, but wasn't there a like, legal reason for why it was free a while back? Something about the UDK license used by PS not allowing for commercial products or something? Or is that years old news that doesn't hold up to today?

I think once this information is found ,It would be a very good idea to sticky it on the forum.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Pusianka

Because they cant have money from UE engine unless they pay them 100 $?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

Cronky

Quote from: AgentX_003 on April 11, 2012, 07:06:00 PM
I think once this information is found ,It would be a very good idea to sticky it on the forum.

Too true. Someone should make a FAQ for the forum that holds all these random questions. (Sadly every time we try to do this no one comes up with any questions, or so it seems.)

Quote from: Pusianka on April 11, 2012, 07:10:12 PM
Because they cant have money from UE engine unless they pay them 100 $?

Is it really that cheap? I can't imagine the whole PS team collectively going, "100 dollars? PSHHH. Too rich for my blood".
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

frvge

You couldn't make money with UT3's mods, because it was a mod.
UDK's license allows for commercial exploitation after you buy a 100 dollar license. Which is no problem. After like 50k or 500k you have to start paying Epic 25%, which is ok. Heck, I don't think we'd ever get to 50k.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

zglina

frvge

Can only start one when you're American. Might do one by-proxy. We'll see. Maybe, maybe not.

zglina

Im sure many will pay :) (me too :D)

NeoSuperior

frvge could just "accidently" create a new bank account and some community members "accidently" send money to it... well I wouldn't give money, unless i get named in the ending credits  ;)

oh wait.................

- Mike Godwin