No, Splinter Cell will NOT return to normal.

Started by Scanty Chunk, April 24, 2013, 10:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSuperior

Quote from: Farley4Fan on April 30, 2013, 02:41:27 AM
Hmm... I wrote it off after I saw Sam using a predator drone to call in missile strikes.  Maybe I was wrong  0_o

One mission in Chaos Theory had something similar: to laser mark a jet wreck for an air strike, so no information is falling into northern Korean hands.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

RaDRoacH

Quote from: VaNilla on April 29, 2013, 09:26:02 PM
Quote from: RaDRoacH on April 29, 2013, 04:11:00 PM
The Spy have a Karambit and i'm curious about it, dunno if be happy or worried.

It's probably just their way of cutting out the tedium of having to grab before breaking necks. Maybe the mercs will be even more powerful, so powerful that the spies are forced to play more stealthily. What if they let you knife from any angle, and removed the elbow mechanic? It would make sense if they've made the mercs even more powerful. I actually think that would be pretty cool; it would make SvM even more stealth based than it already is. However, we can't say anything for sure until we see the reveal.

True. I'll keep my finger crossed then.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

SheikTheGeek

Quote from: VaNilla on April 29, 2013, 09:26:02 PM
Quote from: RaDRoacH on April 29, 2013, 04:11:00 PM
The Spy have a Karambit and i'm curious about it, dunno if be happy or worried.

It's probably just their way of cutting out the tedium of having to grab before breaking necks. Maybe the mercs will be even more powerful, so powerful that the spies are forced to play more stealthily. What if they let you knife from any angle, and removed the elbow mechanic? It would make sense if they've made the mercs even more powerful. I actually think that would be pretty cool; it would make SvM even more stealth based than it already is. However, we can't say anything for sure until we see the reveal.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if this DID happen.  I think its been brought up since Double Agent that Spies SHOULD have some kind of melee weapon (like a knife) since that is still considered stealthy.  Elbowing people is better left for pro wrestlers, lol.  I dont mind buffs, as long as both sides get a buff.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: AgentX_003 on April 25, 2013, 07:37:45 PM
did you even see this video  : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9El0-UZ5u0  ?
Why the fuck does the ghost playthrough involve sticky shocking/gassing/grabbing everyone and then not even caring when the bodies get found? That's what ghosting means now? Shit.

(hey stone you wanna have a discussion on what constitutes stealth gameplay?)

NeoSuperior

Quote from: Spark Mandriller on May 02, 2013, 08:08:43 AM
Why the fuck does the ghost playthrough involve sticky shocking/gassing/grabbing everyone and then not even caring when the bodies get found? That's what ghosting means now? Shit.

Still, it is a lot better than "conviction". But it is true that ghosting is supposed to be "no contact beside minor distraction" as I know it, meaning never be found, never showing presence (knocking someone out is "showing presence" too) and never kill someone (exception: killing/kidnapping someone is the main objective). But then the only thing allowed would be sneaking and throwing cans around, however as far as I know that is what you needed to do to achieve 100% is Chaos Theory.

Then again in Splinter Cell 1 you could not really "ghost" very well when protecting the prisioners against Grinko ("Grinko is DEAD! I repeat! GRINKO IS DEAD!") and his men, or espacially not when found by the special forces in the presidential palace ("Sam we will create a blackout in 5 secs, make the best out of it!").
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

SheikTheGeek

Just looked at the FaceBook page for Splinter Cell.  They actually did a poll for what people wanted the most out of Blacklists multiplayer...and wouldnt you know it, the people voted and said they wanted it to be more like Chaos Theory/Pandora Tomorrow by about a country mile.  So thats a good sign.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

frvge

Quote from: Meister_Neo on May 02, 2013, 10:17:20 AM

Still, it is a lot better than "conviction". But it is true that ghosting is supposed to be "no contact beside minor distraction" as I know it, meaning never be found, never showing presence (knocking someone out is "showing presence" too) and never kill someone (exception: killing/kidnapping someone is the main objective). But then the only thing allowed would be sneaking and throwing cans around, however as far as I know that is what you needed to do to achieve 100% is Chaos Theory.

Then again in Splinter Cell 1 you could not really "ghost" very well when protecting the prisioners against Grinko ("Grinko is DEAD! I repeat! GRINKO IS DEAD!") and his men, or espacially not when found by the special forces in the presidential palace ("Sam we will create a blackout in 5 secs, make the best out of it!").

You could get it with 0 kills. You had to KO them.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: frvge on May 02, 2013, 07:33:25 PM
Quote from: Meister_Neo on May 02, 2013, 10:17:20 AM

You could get it with 0 kills. You had to KO them.

But as far as I know, KOing them could give penalties for the score after a certain number of KOs.

- Mike Godwin

RaDRoacH

This is the list of things that i hate:

1) Frontal knife kills (bye bye elbows...)
2) Absence of free movement (No free jumps, No aerial KO)
3) Proxy detector gadget
4) Guns for spies (With guns i mean pistols. I've seen a Five-seveN and that irritate me)
5) Rifles for spies (Need to be confirmed if they are lethal or not)
6) The crossbow (Man that crossbow again? I hate that a lot)
7) 5vs5 (hopefully customizable)
8 ) Where are grabs? (need to be confirmed)

I don't even know if they are in advanced-alpha/beta, but I really hope that that poll (that Sheik mentioned) really change their minds.

Scanty Chunk

Quote from: RaDRoacH on May 02, 2013, 11:39:46 PM

3) Proxy detector gadget
4) Guns for spies (With guns i mean pistols. I've seen a Five-seveN and that irritate me)

I don't even know if they are in advanced-alpha/beta, but I really hope that that poll (that Sheik mentioned) really change their minds.

Totally agreed with everything you said. I especially hate 1, 3, and 4.

NeoSuperior

3) Proxy detector gadget

lol... why grab if you can stab?

Grab would be useful only if you wanted to knock the merc out.

- Mike Godwin

RaDRoacH

Quote from: Meister_Neo on May 03, 2013, 12:00:03 AM

I'm just saying, I don't like those fast kills. It would be cool if you can also grab them.

SheikTheGeek

Quote from: Meister_Neo on May 03, 2013, 12:00:03 AM

3) Proxy detector gadget

Grab would/could be phased out entirely if your giving us a Knife that can insta kill from ANY position.  Thats a little bit too OP.  I agree with whats been said, I would be ok with it if only killed from above or behind, but from the front means Spies can use a rushdown strategy and dive at you.  In this game, as a Merc, you are NEVER safe from being insta killed.