Post Good Threads Here!

Started by Cronky, August 03, 2011, 10:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cronky

The title says it all. Post some threads that you think have a good ideas in them, but have been lost within the void of newer threads. I just thought it'd be nice to get a list of topics that had either well thought out ideas, or a good discussion that would be worth looking over. Also so that people wont bring back up ideas that have already had a discussion in the past. (Plus I'm lazy and don't want to go through 41 pages of threads myself)

Things like:

-New Spy: Leopard (WIP)
-Gadget Design Theory
-Tips on making a map (Gamasutra links on CT Level Design: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3)

I'm saying this with the assumption that it's supposed to keep to the Public Discussion topics, so nothing from the General/Off-Topic section or the Presentation Section (Unless of course you find a topic there that fits well here). Also I understand that "Good" is very subjective, but all I have to say is use your best judgement if you're going to participate.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

DreadStunLock

-How do you think PS would play if the spy had a pistol?

And all of the threads that were started by Dreadstunlock, he is a great idealist.

Farley4Fan

Idealist doesn't mean creator of ideas dread lol

This was a good 'ideal' for a thread cronky.  The thread to end all threads, maybe.

Cronky

If we can get all replies to be as impersonal as possible, only referencing old topics, then my job will be done! If it doesn't work then I'm going to have to come up with another 'ideal' to get everyone on the same page. ;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------

Cronky

-----------------------

AgentX_003

Limiting both teams views so that using third party chats are useless and still keeps the idea of letting the person think on thier own

ie. Deathcam : http://community.projectstealthgame.com/forums/index.php?topic=1236.msg31243#msg31243

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

VaNilla

Will any feedback actually be taken from these threads or are they just sitting here? Feels like there's a lack of communication as to whether or not we're wasting our time even giving feedback or making threads :P

frvge

It's just nice to have an overview. Easier to digest.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: frvge on August 13, 2011, 07:12:56 PM
It's just nice to have an overview. Easier to digest.

Would it make sense if you could make a small code when the thread has accumulated a good chunk of the good threads, every person who wants to make a thread will be required and asked for to view the "Already suggested ideas" topic before proceeding?

frvge

No, that's an extra barrier. Nice idea, but wouldn't work in practice.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cronky

-----------------------