Backpack Hud idea incorporation of gasmask.

Started by AgentX_003, May 28, 2012, 08:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

Hey guys , I know this hasn't been thought out yet but, I know you can see how many grenades and such, but I think it would be handy to be able to see the percentile of how much gas mask your partner has left.

/discuss

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

CougarC.A.T.

I like this idea. Oh by the way...im back!  :o

Steam: hawkeyez01      
\¯\/¯/          
Cougarcat        
/_/ \_\Fire

Asshole

This idea will help the pros by A LOT and will fuck over nubs by A LOT. Only hardcore gamers would take advantage of this so it would create a disparity.

frvge

Taking advantage over your partner? How do you see that happening? I think pros can see that a noob is potentially in problems and come to help.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Asshole

Quote from: frvge on November 22, 2012, 07:01:16 PM
Taking advantage over your partner? How do you see that happening? I think pros can see that a noob is potentially in problems and come to help.

I was assuming a pro+pro vs noob+noob scenario, given that "pros" almost always play with their teammates and almost never play with people they don't know.

No, I see this as, pros' reaction time to help each other will increase dramatically or they will be able to strategically swap their roles as defenders of certain areas of the map according to their relative levels of remaining gas mask; whereas a noob duo, will probably never even understand how that information is useful. Maybe if theres like a training level or a users manual that explains stuff in the game, it would fix that (small) issue.

frvge

A new Merc HUD will make it a lot easier to see the remaining amount of gasmask of yourself. There are currently no plans on showing your partner's info. Could maybe be another gadget that probides extra info?

Asshole

Quote from: frvge on November 23, 2012, 12:42:05 AM
A new Merc HUD will make it a lot easier to see the remaining amount of gasmask of yourself. There are currently no plans on showing your partner's info. Could maybe be another gadget that probides extra info?

Nah, either make it standard or add the function to an existing gadget, but making that a gadget on its own doesn't seem like it would be a gadget that anybody would waste a slot on carrying.

Cronky

Seems like this would be an okay upgrade for the backpack. I'm not sure how cluttered the HUD is already with stuff, but it doesn't seem like an entirely bad idea that if you had the backpack equipped then there would be a small HUD element that shows, at all times, your partners inventory/percentages.

When the backpack is not equipped then you would not have this piece of the HUD.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky