Unreal Tournamen 3 Beta Demo OUT!

Started by Zedblade, October 12, 2007, 07:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedblade

When I get home for lunch, I'm going to start downloading it. Hopefully I can play it before I have to come back. Everyone should check it out if possible. Since it is the game this MOD will be made with.

www.fileplanet.com

frvge

We'll be supplying a (temporary) mirror later. Gotta watch them GBs of traffic (its not free...)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Overstatement

Overstatement's top 3 worries:
1. Can you hide in shadows? Or change it to do so?
2. Suitable netcode? Are we going to get stuck behind corners and doors like in CT?
3. Material Editor? Can you make such custom effects as camo and visions?

Farley4Fan

Wow, w/o anyone of those "worries" this project would simply not work.  That would suck.

Farley4Fan

Well, you know what I mean.  If we don't have that it will be possible but it will suck lol

I hope you guys chose the right thing to mod.

frvge

Public mirror:
Taken down

Please keep it to Project Stealth fans.
If you guys tell it to outsiders, I'll have to shut it down. Bandwidth needs to be paid.

*monitors bandwidth*
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

goodkebab

DEMO seems to only have a game resolution of 640x480 despite changing screen resolution.

It runs very fast, with ton of textures. 

Farley4Fan

The final product's resolution is gonna be great.  Can't wait for this game, not only for PS, but just for this game  ;D

Bionic-Blob

Quote from: goodkebab on October 13, 2007, 12:06:12 AM
DEMO seems to only have a game resolution of 640x480 despite changing screen resolution.

works at 1280x1024 in-game for me. just wish i could get rid of that damn DOF blur thing. looks like shit

Zedblade

I had it running at 1440x900 just fine. I had everything maxed out and I was getting an average of 45-50 frames. It never went under 30, and it topped out at 62.

It looks like Gears of War... but better. ;)
Quote from: Overstatement on October 12, 2007, 09:47:38 PM
Overstatement's top 3 worries:
1. Can you hide in shadows? Or change it to do so?
2. Suitable netcode? Are we going to get stuck behind corners and doors like in CT?
3. Material Editor? Can you make such custom effects as camo and visions?

These 'worries' are unfounded. This is Epic... not Ubisoft.

1. Um yeah... Why wouldn't you be able to?
2. UT has always had awesome netcode. I have no idea what your talking about in terms of getting stuck behind corners and doors. Most likely that had to do with just general bugs/glitches that was the result Ubisoft not giving a flying fuck.
3. Wtf, of course. Why wouldn't it have the material editor. Without it, there is no editor.

Overstatement

Quote from: Zedblade on October 13, 2007, 12:27:41 AM

I hope so.

Seems to be something along the lines of "Screen Render Precentage" in the .ini file that you need to change to 100.

Zedblade

Quote from: Overstatement on October 13, 2007, 12:44:29 AM
Quote from: Zedblade on October 13, 2007, 12:27:41 AM

I hope so.

With every Unreal Tournament thus far,they have released fully featured editors that allowed you to do every single thing they could have done during development. Believe me, the only thing we have to worry about is learning how to work it.

Farley4Fan