Legendary for Xbox360, PS3 and PC... Coming Soon

Started by Zedblade, February 18, 2008, 09:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedblade

Here is the game I'm working on, comming out soon for the xbox360/Ps3/pc... It's the where most of my time goes and the main reason I can't pump as much time into PS as I want. This is a video from G4tv.com. They will have it on the air monday, but for now you can check out a web exclusive.

G4Tv.com Exclusive web video:

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/videos/20323/XPlay_Web_Exclusive_Legendary_Gameplay_Footage.html?videoCategory_key=1

Monday they should show some new footage and creatures...

Tell me what you like and/or dislike. I'll be able to pass this on to our producers and you MAY make a differance :P...

tigaer

Looks great man, only thing I don't like about it by watching the videos is that everything is really fast, the player movements, animations, gun fire, everything seems really fast, I think by slowing it down slightly would make the game way more polished and fun to play.

What I mean, is that, that boss at the middle of the video his animations were really fast and looked off, I think by slowing his animations down would benifiit it alot.
Another one, when the player is running around the map and running up the stairs after seeing the guy get ripped apart, its way to fast, almost like UT from watching the videos, if you slowed the player speed down just a bit it would look alot more fluid and make the game more enjoyable, I think.

But other than that, the game looks amazing, gonna check it out when its released.

Xris

Westfall

Will you be able to use your rifle/whatever gun to butt with it? Kind of like a punch if you will. That would be a great way to horde off those jumping wolves.

Minotaur doesn't really look like a minotaur. The basic outline is correct, but he looks like a troll. I like when he got on all fours and charged, thats a great idea that no other game really adds with the minotaur. He should be a boss of some kind. He was, after all, the creature in the middle of the labyrinth. 2 would probably be a bitch to play with.

Tigaer is right, everything seems really fast-paced. I understand the idea f keeping things moving....but not in x2 speed.

I definitely want to see more. This game looks pretty awesome. Is he collecting their souls with his hand? What's his background? This game better have the sickest bosses for being called "Legendary".

excite.gg

the monsters looks a lil' bit like those, which are your enemies in ar cry :) but looks like an awesome game, although i dont like shooters on consoles...

Zedblade

Quote from: excite.gg on February 18, 2008, 09:33:08 PM
the monsters looks a lil' bit like those, which are your enemies in ar cry :) but looks like an awesome game, although i dont like shooters on consoles...

it's on pc as well.

Quote from: Westfall-US on February 18, 2008, 03:35:47 PM
Will you be able to use your rifle/whatever gun to butt with it? Kind of like a punch if you will. That would be a great way to horde off those jumping wolves.

Minotaur doesn't really look like a minotaur. The basic outline is correct, but he looks like a troll. I like when he got on all fours and charged, thats a great idea that no other game really adds with the minotaur. He should be a boss of some kind. He was, after all, the creature in the middle of the labyrinth. 2 would probably be a bitch to play with.

Tigaer is right, everything seems really fast-paced. I understand the idea f keeping things moving....but not in x2 speed.

I definitely want to see more. This game looks pretty awesome. Is he collecting their souls with his hand? What's his background? This game better have the sickest bosses for being called "Legendary".

You can't hit with your rifle or any other gun, but there is a melee weapon (the axe) and you have a special power called an animus pulse that you can see in the video. It will knock down any enemies in a small radius around the player.

The minotuar is a mini-boss more or less.

Also, how can you say the minotaur doesn't really look like a mintaur? It's a mythological creature that doesn't exist, it's looks are all in the eye of the beholder. :P

As being fast-paced.. well its an action game -.-

Quote from: FusionSlayer on February 18, 2008, 02:03:28 PM
Looks really cool

So is this your full time job?

yes

neth

1. way too fast. That kind of pace is perhaps good for mp but not for sp.
2. muzzle flash is terrible

Tidenburg

I agree. Look at painting of minotaurs and all that noise and they certainly don't look like that. It looked like a minotuars body with troll skin on it. The texture just didn't seem right and the upper body looked to heavy.

The game looks nice and I don't think its fast paced at all as how slow would it be if it happened in real life? The speed looks fairly realistic. My one comment is the AI of those wolves looked a bit repetitive, it was basically, run away throw somthing at you while you shoot it, charge at you and you dodge it and then the same again until is beserks you. The other elements though look incredible, especially the way that wolf broke through the windows.

Are there going to be any creepy aspects to the game like hiding from the animals or is it basically the same old "i'm controlled by a real person and therefore am invincible" kind of attitude from the player?

Gui Brazil

So zed, your game is getting released this spring but please tell the character artists that they have to come up with a new minotaur texture fast. :P

I'm being sarcastic

Bionic-Blob

my god that game looks like shit. especially the shitty big ben model, my god thats so shitty fuck shit

Damn, looks great dude.

Tidenburg

Hehe, as long as the game hasn't gone gold yet then I doubt its exactly hard to change the tint of a texture to red ;)

Westfall

Quote from: Gui Brazil on February 18, 2008, 11:20:43 PM
So zed, your game is getting released this spring but please tell the character artists that they have to come up with a new minotaur texture fast. :P

I'm being sarcastic

I hate you.

Zedblade

The minatoar is fine... like I said, it's our artistic vision of the creature. I've heard people saying they love it more then they saying it didn't look like a 'real' minatoar... which is impossible since they don't exist.

Quote from: neth on February 18, 2008, 10:05:20 PM
1. way too fast. That kind of pace is perhaps good for mp but not for sp.
2. muzzle flash is terrible

1. No... i don't see how people are saying it's too fast. It's not Rainbow Six with monster. It's no more faster then Halo... :/
2. I disagree

Quote from: Tidenburg on February 18, 2008, 10:46:11 PM
I agree. Look at painting of minotaurs and all that noise and they certainly don't look like that. It looked like a minotuars body with troll skin on it. The texture just didn't seem right and the upper body looked to heavy.

The game looks nice and I don't think its fast paced at all as how slow would it be if it happened in real life? The speed looks fairly realistic. My one comment is the AI of those wolves looked a bit repetitive, it was basically, run away throw somthing at you while you shoot it, charge at you and you dodge it and then the same again until is beserks you. The other elements though look incredible, especially the way that wolf broke through the windows.

Are there going to be any creepy aspects to the game like hiding from the animals or is it basically the same old "i'm controlled by a real person and therefore am invincible" kind of attitude from the player?

Once again, last time I checked Minotaur's were fake... A minatour is just a man bull, which this one fits the description very well. If you want I can make every creature look exactly like you want them too... of course i'll probably piss off all the other people that have already said they love the look of the creatures... :P

It depends on which wolf your fighting. The weaker ones attack in packs by hit and run tactis, as well as throwing things at you. While the alpha wolf tries to either outsmart by getting behind you or attacking you head on with all it's might.

Both Wolfs take damage in real-time and unless you blow off their head once they collapse, you can see the wounds you inflict heal and the wolf will spring back up and attack once again.

I have no idea what that quoate was suppose to mean...

Anyway, as far as being creepy, there is more action then suspense, but there are a good amount of suspensful 'horror' moments you can experience.

Farley4Fan

Looks nice.  I remember you giving us some screens a while back.  Looks like a nice game dude!  Maybe not one that someone could stick to playing for a long period of time, but it looks like it would give a pretty solid playthrough atleast.  Depending on replayability/unlockables/etc...

neth

Zedblade, especially wolves are too fast. It gives you the feel that you need to be concentrated all the time instead of taking pure fun out of game but its a good game anyway.
BTW what about promotion ? Its the first time I hear about this game.