Our Kickstarter: discuss it here

Started by frvge, April 26, 2014, 02:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSuperior

Quote from: Roberto1223 on May 27, 2014, 11:42:15 PM
I see that there is a very poor understanding of how Kickstarter works.

We must emphasize to the people that their money is not taken until the kickstarter ends only if the goal is met.

Neosuperior, you must back PS NOW. Why? Because the more backers there are, the more promising the project looks.

Yes, the progress is slow, and the probability is low, but you have nothing to lose! And, if newcomers get the sense that this will not succeed then they will not bother to back PS.

They must understand that their money will not be taken in the worst case scenario in order to motivate them to donate.

As long as no one knowns about this project, that is irrelevant. That issue must be solved first...
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Roberto1223

Quote from: NeoSuperior on May 27, 2014, 10:53:36 PM
Granted, I didn't donate yet either, but I will still have enough time to do that after my early exams. The point is that PS will never reach its funding goal if most people don't even know of the existence of Project Stealth. And even from the people who know Project Stealth... they may not know that the kickstarter started!

You are contradicting yourself. I said this not to start a flame war or to offend you, but because you implied that you plan on donating to project stealth either way (whether the kick starter fails or not). All I am saying is that nothing good can possibly result from us (long-time PS fans) slacking off and donating at the last minute, and that we lose nothing by acting early. Our attitude towards this kick-stater is manifested in our pledges. The pledge statistics shown on the site, in turn form a sort of collective morale, which will surely influence the newcomers' perception of PS and their subsequent actions (pledge and follow, or forget forever) the second time around a kick-starter is launched.

Of course you can do what ever you want in the end, and we all know that this kick starter may have not been handled the best way possible, but I am saying that our support as a community of PS is important so that this project has a higher chance of succeeding in future attempts if not this one (trying not to be too negative).

For sure, there are at least 780 people who have heard (at least vaguely) about this game (Facebook page likes).
With simple math we can calculate all probabilities and get technical about everything. We won't like what we see, but the ugly truth is not only that, but also the fact that of those 780 people only 70 have pledged due to attitudes such as yours. ("This is irrelevant, that's irrelevant, fix this! Fix that! Bleh bleh bleh!")

The best thing we can do at this point is work hard during this kick-starter to promote it as much as possible so that the second attempt has a higher chance of being successful. If we slack off now and say "oh okay we we'll get it right next time" it will be the same story all over again.

Like I said we need to be more Machiavellian about this; if we want it to succeed, we need to disregard "our" mistakes and do our best to keep this project moving forward even against all probabilities or odds.

Notice, I am not saying "have faith and it will magically happen" or anything superstitious like that. I am saying the more we do now, and the sooner we act, the higher the probability that this project will succeed in a near future. Lets not all just point our fingers at the devs and blame them for everything.

All of us here claim ourselves to be hardcore SCCT fans and all of us have known this project for a very long time and very few of us are actually pledging! Look at the numbers!

Lets stop this hypocrisy and negativity and lets start helping so that this game finally becomes a freaking reality! There is no point in waiting for anything to happen.

NeoSuperior

You overestimate the willigness of people to pay for something. That about 10% of the known community are actually willing to donate something, is actually quite a lot. The problem is simply that I don't have a credit card and I want to be careful not to accidently tap into any cost traps from using a prepaid-online-credit-card. I am sure there are a lot of people who got a similar problem and may or may not pay much later or at the last second. I actually forgot that tomorrow is "Ascension of Christ", which means I actually got 1 more free day than I expected to have, so I guess I am lucky enough to deal with this by tomorrow. My point about PS, or rather PS's kickstarter not being well-known enough still stands though. Going by the donations so far I am a bit worried about the size of the community that the size of the donating community and the amount these numbers must reach...

I am glad to see that frvge is calling out to the community to spread the word around. I am still wondering about where that "external PR firm" is right now... because as of yet I saw NOTHING of these people (unless they are the guys who control the facebook account).
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

Up till now, we've got 2 articles and 1 upcoming interview because of them. And tips for the KS page. The effect thusfar isn't what I expected of course...
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

dYnAm1c

The thing that the game is in developement for so many years and that there is yet so little to see probably scares most of the people away and think that the game may never be finished even if the funding succeeds.
Also the other Versus games like PT and CT never had the biggest player base. In the height of these games there were maybe a few 100 people online at the same time, which of course still is enough for a 2v2 game, but most people don't know that. Another thing is that it's a hardcore game, the learning curve is very long and you need a lot of practice to get good (the subpar tutorial in the Splinter Cell games were probably another reason why it never had the biggest playerbase).

Roberto1223

Our best shot is to attract the Splinter Cell Blacklist newb fan base.

Frvge, you really must change the Project Stealth video tags so that Project stealth appears when people search for Splinter Cell Blacklist online gaming videos.

There is a very large amount of people recording their SvM Blacklist gameplay and posting it to Youtube. Project Stealth must tap into this online community.

I posted a thread on the Star Citizen forum. I am not sure if this forum is exclusively available to Star Citizen backers such as myself, but if any of you guys can reply to thiis thread in a positive manner I would appreciate it. We need to keep this thread at the top of the "Other Games forum" so that more people read it.

I think that Project stealth must reach about 9,000 Facebook likes so that 90,000 euros can be obtained with about 4,500 people pledging 20 euros each. A 50% pledge percentage may also be high considering that our current pledge percentage is about 9.5%.

The truth is that the Project stealth budget must be reduced to at least a part-time project budget with a sub-minimum wage salary. Big sacrifices must be made, but I think that once this game goes live on Steam or whatever it will pick up a lot of hits and it will be purchased.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/2576918#Comment_2576918

Frvge, you really need to stop caring about "being spammy", this project needs to be promoted at all costs. We are too late in the game to worry about little things like that.

AgentX_003

we need to also post on forums like Watch dogs about Project stealth , i saw a few splintercell players like Braiog for one.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

soldium

Well...
Something moved. I come back every half a year and this half a year was The one i waited for.
6 years of waiting make me feel happy already. And from this place i have a question.
Does this KS campaign mean anything to you? I mean that it's poor chance to get 90k Euro.
You know that i am the one who always were screaming at devs. Yet it helped.
Maybe it's like being angry shit-rager all the time but i think that some of my posts made you put game on greenlight.
It may look like that i am someone. No. I've just been a flaming troll . Yet i think i t helped.
GL in the Kick starter campaign , yet i think you should lower your base goal.
PS: You should give some bonuses to old forum members too :D
Got damn soldium is back , and he will make noise on this forum. Than devs maybe do something.

NeoSuperior

Wasn't there supposed to be another interview? Is it up yet?

- Mike Godwin

VenomousNinja

Guys...
How did you expect to get the amount of people needed to raise this sort of money without having a demo or any sort of release? This has been in development for like, seven years, and there hasn't been anything to play. There's no way the kickstarter can raise that much money on its own with that sort of track record.

dYnAm1c

In 2 days half of the time is over and only 2% are funded yet, I think it's safe to say that the kickstarter failed if there is not suddenly some rich guy that spends thousand of dollars and its also pretty unlikely that the project suddenly gets a few thousand backers out of nowhere.

Gaio

Video is awful...In my opinion it kills 90% of potential backers...bad bad bad...oh gosh....I wanted to help with this...but no response...and time is running out.

RaDRoacH

It's hard to say that the project will be funded...
What's gonna happen if the kickstart will fail?
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

frvge

We're not there yet. Also, we've added new updates, showing off new stuff in Unreal Engine 4.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Savior20061

Glad to see you guys are still active. :)
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D