Level Design/Lens Flares/Some Particle Effects

Started by spitworld, August 29, 2013, 10:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitworld

Hey,

My name is Trevor Thomas and I've been designing levels for about 6 years. Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow was the first multiplayer game I've ever played and was one of the reasons I got into game development, so it'd be a dream of mine to work on this game. I'd love to come on as a level designer. I don't model my own assets as well. In level design I aim for balancement in the level, which I feel like levels in games these days lack.

I am also capable of other things like designing lens flares, I can make simple particles effects like snow, rain, gust's, smoke, and more. I can texture in photoshop, edit videos, I am a music composer as well. I've also figured out how to make dust on screen, or lens debri like you see in AAA games today.

I've attached some pictures of a scene I through together which I think, out of all of my work, would match this game closely. It also has examples of some lens debri work.

Thank you,
Trevor Thomas

P.S. Just found out I can't attach any pictures. Could I have an email to send them too?

spitworld

Actually here's some pics of a scene I've been working on. (Found out how to do it)

Two of the mesh's in this scene are my own, and the rest are a mix of UDK, mesh's a friend made for me, and downloaded from free websites.

Although the dirty lens flare is my own, and the technical stuff I did in UDK.

Here's what I've got so far:

frvge

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the application. I'm mostly interested in the particles. Can you make a video with sparks and so on, when a weapon  hits a metal surface?

Thanks!
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

spitworld

I think I can do that. Just give me a little bit of time. :D

spitworld

I'm trying to get that particle effect done, but the ceiling at my house has collapsed leaving me deprived of doing any work. On Monday everything should be back to normal, then
I should have that particle effect video finished for you.

spitworld

I'm sure you guys have already gotten the night vision stuff down, but I've been working on some night vision of my own. There's tons of stuff I can do :D

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I'm still going to start working on that bullet hit though. Just wanted to express some other skill areas as well :D

frvge

Turn to unlit mode. You currently still have shadows.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

Hmz, level design might actually be possible, but you said you don't model your own assets. Can you confirm that?