REALITY CHECK: each person write 1 thing they would like to see in PS

Started by .leelu12., May 15, 2008, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.leelu12.

Hi, this is my first new topic so i figured id make it quite a serious one  :D

After GK's reality check post i thought maybe all who are in interested in ps should post just 1 thing they would really like to see in ps. Maybe this will give a better focus for the dev team?!

If something requires explanation than please highlight your single point in bold/underline.

Don't discuss/argues the matters/your opinions here (neutral comments like "i like that idea/topic" are fine). This topic only aims to create a LIST.

I appreciate that you may have more than one thing you would like in, i certainly do, but im sure if you discussed it elsewhere then someone else would present that idea in this topic anway.

Try and be realistic, if its not a simple improvement im fairly certain the dev team wont have the time to implement it.

If a mod could delete any posts which hjack this thread, that would be helpful.

Thanks
Ana

p.s i hate to be bossy guys, but this thread was getting hyjacked and becoming pointless, so i had to make myself clearer  :P

Here is mine: ability to elbow whilst merc is jumping (but not to grab whilst jumping)
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}

VaNilla

I'd like instead of the elbow hit a push animation which you can do while running, this way it would be feasable to not stop when you do that action, so you can run while pushing, and also have the merc be able to shoot while being pushed, and vice versa for mercs versus spies.

Hyrage

Quote from: .leelu12. on May 15, 2008, 06:31:07 PM
Hi, this is my first new topic so i figured id make it quite a serious one  :D
After GK's reality check post i thought maybe all who are in interested in ps should post just 1 thing they would really like to see in ps. Maybe this will give a better focus for the dev team?!

Here is mine: ability to elbow whilst merc is jumping (but not to grab whilst jumping)

I think it would be great.
But being able to shoot while being pushed by a Spy elbow attack... would break up the the goal of the gameplay. I would prefer to be able to shoot while striking (as a merc), giving also more opportunities to make strange and awesome shots on the left side, but I don't knwo how hard it would be to program.

I think Berserk brings a lot of bugs. Why wouldn't we use a normal strike against a jumping spy to take him down? No more berserk animation to make (+1). But I also think that Berserk is unbalanced, so this is probably a subject to debate and that I do not really care if we could jsut turn it off before a match  ;D.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."

frvge

Good idea on making such a topic, leelu.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

I <3 U

To be able to choose different types of scopes for guns.

Hyrage

Quote from: FR33M4N on May 15, 2008, 11:25:33 PM
To be able to choose different types of scopes for guns.
Yeah I want a snipe scope on my shotgun  ;D

Farley4Fan

I'd love a reflex scope on my sub.

I love your idea leelu, and yours stonecoldkilla.  I think spies need just a bit more melee capability.  Or a boosted one.

T2C LeBron

These are excellent discussion questions that actually affect gameplay unlike 99% of other threads, thank god.

A reflex scope would be sweet for merc with a red dot, changing up the mellee system up a bit would be good.  But the beserk is not overpowered at all.  I think that should change because what do you do if people are just trying to n00b double team you?  it makes spies keep their distance, which is good.  I do think a slight overhaul should be done on the spy side.  A window box to grab neck would be very nice, also meele attack and grabbing necks should be different buttons. That was really stupid by ubisoft.  Plus making the range of grabbing necks a little bit bigger. There is nothing more frustrating not being able to stealth grab a merc walking by.  Also bunnyhoping should be discouraged even more.

Hyrage

Quote from: T2C LeBron on May 16, 2008, 02:52:47 AM
These are excellent discussion questions that actually affect gameplay unlike 99% of other threads, thank god.

A reflex scope would be sweet for merc with a red dot, changing up the mellee system up a bit would be good.  But the beserk is not overpowered at all.  I think that should change because what do you do if people are just trying to n00b double team you?  it makes spies keep their distance, which is good.  I do think a slight overhaul should be done on the spy side.  A window box to grab neck would be very nice, also meele attack and grabbing necks should be different buttons. That was really stupid by ubisoft.  Plus making the range of grabbing necks a little bit bigger. There is nothing more frustrating not being able to stealth grab a merc walking by.  Also bunnyhoping should be discouraged even more.

The berserk in CT is really buggy. You can be hit when the animation is over...
If the strike can't hit a jumping spy, berserk should act the same way.

+1 minor feature
+2 major feature

The drop-attack (spy)
Action:
You need to jump on the merc and land as close as you can from the head [+1]. You need to best extremely lucky to get a double kill with that [+1]. = +2

Balance [consequence]:
Hard landing, taking a long time to stand up, what makes you totally vulnerable [-2]. If the Merc anticipate the move, he will fake his action, step back from the drop-attack and counter-attack with a charge during the hard landing of his ennemy. = auto-kill = -2

It's already balanced.

Charge [merc]
Action:
You quickly charge covering a great distance [+1], you totally knock down the enemy [+1] & you simply have to finish 'em up [+1]. = +3

Balance [Consequence]:
you can't change your direction while doing it [-1]. You totally slow-down once it's done, what makes you vulnerable [-2]. If the spy anticipate the charge, he can just roll or step aside and neck break the merc. = -3

It's balanced

Berserk [merc]
Action:
Circled attack knocking down anyone around (+2) [not just in one direction], but also any jumping opponents (+1). It's a one shot kill, the knocked down players can't survive ... the merc just have to finish 'em up (+1). = +4

Balance [consequence]
You are slowed-down once it's done [-2]. = -2

Totally unbalanced.

The counter-attack to a jumping spy should stay, avoid the drop-attack and counter-with the charge or with your weapon. Implementing a system to cover Internet Connexion issues always break up the game balance.

But well.. it's always a matter of perspective, what's yours?

Gawain

berserk is perfectly balanced, it's just that you are a dm-noob who wants an easier time ko-ing/killing the merc.
the cooldown between two charges is also a good thing.
i want different buttons for push/grab, an extra key to grab ledges (no auto-grab), bigger ledge boxes n stuff but this was already discussed and is probably going into ps anyways.

a topic that also has been discussed (but not properly) is 1 gun vs 3 guns: the pt rifle was perfectly fine, there is no need at all for more than 1 weapon. don't come up with the bullshit point that it brings more variety to the gameplay, because fucking everything you add does (there will already be way more variety in gadget choice). it will cost tremendous amount of work to get it balanced for no real benefit at all: on small maps shotty/uzi is op, on big maps they suck compared to rifle. the whole map layout has to be reconsidered with 3 available guns (atm the shotty is unusable and the uzi is kinda banned from most servers). it also adds a new totally unneeded pure guessing game for the spy side. it's almost as stupid as allowing a 2nd gun choice aka glove for the spy next to the ss. not everything they changed from pt to ct was a good change...

MacBryce

Quote from: Hyrage on May 16, 2008, 04:42:34 AM
+1 minor feature
+2 major feature

Sorry man, but I don't see any theoretical reason to justify that balance between the amount of positive and negative features to a certain move are related to imbalances.

Besides, you're comparing apples and oranges; how are you able to tell if "being slowed down for an amount of seconds" is worth more or less points than "being able to hit a jumping spy"?

.leelu12.

Rambo. One point in this topic. If u wanna discuss create another topic. Only trying to create a list here.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}

BurningDeath

Quote from: Rambo on May 16, 2008, 01:00:33 PM
i want different buttons for push/grab, an extra key to grab ledges (no auto-grab), bigger ledge boxes n stuff but this was already discussed and is probably going into ps anyways.
I'm okay with different buttons for grab/elbow, but only if you can also put it on one, since I will surely want to play PS with the same control-scheme I've been playing since PT.
What I'm not agreeing on is the extra key to grab ledges. It'll be a pain in the ass if you always have to push a button to make the spy grab a ledge, better just adjust the auto-grab so its logical.

a topic that also has been discussed (but not properly) is 1 gun vs 3 guns: the pt rifle was perfectly fine, there is no need at all for more than 1 weapon.
You're wrong, that has been discussed and voted to dead and we always came up with 3 rifles being the superior solution.

the uzi is kinda banned from most servers).
No, it's not banned from most server. LMAO - I'd never play in a server that got anything banned, that's just stupid.

But yeah .. let's not hijack this thread!

My suggestion:

What I'd like to see in PS is controllable snares. You push a button, it makes sound. That'd add completely new options to the spy gameplay. yeah.

Cyntrox

Quote from: BurningDeath on May 16, 2008, 02:10:34 PM
What I'm not agreeing on is the extra key to grab ledges. It'll be a pain in the ass if you always have to push a button to make the spy grab a ledge, better just adjust the auto-grab so its logical.
Why not just have a button for NOT grabbing ledges, like someone suggested some time ago?

Gawain

Quote from: BurningDeath on May 16, 2008, 02:10:34 PM
You're wrong, that has been discussed and voted to dead and we always came up with 3 rifles being the superior solution.
roflcopter. just tell me one good reason why a 3 weapon system is superior to a one weapon system  (besides adding variety which isn't a valid point at all). just because most people think that doesn't make it a valid points; good reasons make it a valid point, and i clearly have the better ones (and so far only ones) on my side. how about countering them instead of spamming bullshit about variety and that this topic was soooo old (it's like making a point with the bible XD)?

Quote from: Cyntrox on May 16, 2008, 02:13:59 PM
Why not just have a button for NOT grabbing ledges, like someone suggested some time ago?
yeah right that's the best solution so far (totally forgot about that one XD).