Main Menu

Programmer

Started by Fil, September 21, 2009, 11:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fil

I know that there is no open position as of this moment, but I would like to apply nonetheless.

I am aged 22 and I have a bachelor degree (First class) in Software Engineering which I obtained at the University of Glasgow. Currently I am doing my master studies at the ETHZ which is a University in Zurich. I have programmed in the following languages:

C/C++
C#
Java
Ada (95)
Haskell
Eifel
UnrealScript (just a tiny bit)

where my favourite would be most likely Java followed by C#. I also worked for a mod (which I recently left) called Naruto Naiteki Kensei (http://naiteki-kensei.com/) where I implemented some of the mechanics (e.g. wall walking, quaternion camera replacement, weapons, "jutsus" and etc.). Another example of my work would be a game which was created from scratch during the last semster (about 2 months of work) with another team mate. I was resonsible for 90% of the mechanics, while the other member was doing the rendering bits and pieces. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Simi9vQFNNA) shows a youtube video of the gameplay. As mentioned, it was built from scratch using the XNA 3.0 framework. The exception would be the physics engine, where Bepu was used. The game runs fluently on the Xbox. (All the assets were done by me (e.g. the car models) but the map)

I also have little expeirence with Unrealscript as I worked on a mod a long time ago. Although my knowledge isnt that great anymore, its a OO language with similar syntax to Java so I belueve I would be fine.

Finally, gaming is my passion. I have taken up software engineering so I could create innovative and fun to play games

LennardF1989

Hi there,

Could you PM me some IM-details, would love to have a chat with you. Xfire, Skype or MSN would be appreciated.

Lennard

frvge

I've had a chat with Lennard and everything seems to be ok. I'll make an internal vote. You can expect an answer soon.

For my own curiousity, did you actually program much in Haskell etc, or just for a few school assignments?
I mean, in one of my own courses I was introduced to Scheme, Haskell, Maude, Ada, Fortran, Java, C, Pascal, Lisp and probably a few more, with some excercises but I don't think I can list any of those (except C) as a 'known' language.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Fil

with Haskell I actually programmed probably the least. I used that language for building and simulating a 8 bit CPU as Haskell fits very nicely for this purpose. Otherwise, I havent used haskell as there is only a subset of problems which can be solved using functional languages.

asfor Ada95, Ive used that for a long time, and I have to say its one of the better languages to learn programming (compared to C/C++). I even did some 3d programming with Ada a long time ago.

The rest I am familiar with, but I *hate* using Eiffel, but am forced to use as the creator of Eiffel is one of my lecturers and keeps handing out projects where you have to use Eiffel.