Jumping and turning ?

Started by AgentX_003, January 09, 2011, 04:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you really find Jumping and turning cheap ? / Removed out of the game ?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
9 (52.9%)
Perhaps
2 (11.8%)
I think
2 (11.8%)
I dunno
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: January 13, 2011, 04:15:59 AM

DreadStunLock

Yeah, and in total it's 5. When you lose gadgets it also affects your teammate as well, that why Teamwork is especially crucial in PS/CT/DA/PT.

NeoSuperior

too bad "you" in the english language can mean 1 person or 2. We will never know who is right hmmm... well w/e
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Am I bothered?

Does my face look bothered?

Ask me if I am bothered?

No just ask me, Do I look bothered?

Ask me, am I bothered?

Am I bothered?

Does this face symbolizes that it's bothered?

Do you really think I am bothered?

I AM NOT BOTHERED!

puuusianka

Eh these English shows... You just keep copying someone elses words.

Farley4Fan

Removing cams 3 or 4 yards above their shoulders?  You do know that would be like twice the spy's body height (including arms reaching upwards) right?  I can't even imagine an animation for that lmao

DreadStunLock

Not CT wise, 3 yards on CT, is like 3 mm.

Farley4Fan

Assuming the spies are about 6 feet tall, or less, that means they are about 2 yards tall, or less.  I don't have a problem with reaching higher things to interact with but 4 yards above the spy?

DreadStunLock

Do you really believe that 1 yard in CT is the same as 1 yard in real life?

Cronky

Quote from: DreadStunLock on February 09, 2011, 09:20:56 AM
Do you really believe that 1 yard in CT is the same as 1 yard in real life?

Yes?

(The question wasn't directed at me, but I felt the need to answer)

You wouldn't use the word "yard" as a measurement if you weren't talking about a real life measurement. Regardless of that fact though, even measurements such as "Unreal Units", or whatever they are, can have a relative translation into real life measurements. As long you have an item with a basis in real life measurements to reference upon.

So...

1 yard = 1 yard

but

1 Unreal Unit != 1 yard
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

B1nArY_001

If you want to get technical and assume the spy is 6ft tall, 32 unreal units = 1ft, 96 unreal units = 1 yard.

And yes one yard in PS is about 1 yard relative to the player model. We have kept everything as close as possible to a real life scale.

B1nArY_001

Quote from: Limerick on February 09, 2011, 04:27:44 PM
1 UU= ~1 CM.

No. 1 UU = 1cm in translation from Maya's unit system, not relative to the player model. In order to maintain a scale that resembles real life, the measurements are based off the spy being a slightly above average male in height.

B1nArY_001

Max has a generic unit that matches unreal, it's not a cm or inch measurement but purely a generic decimal unit.

Ediit: I don't know who "he" s or the type of work being done. I'm simply responding to clarify scale.

DreadStunLock

I guess we have a confirm on the measurements, but it would make sense that they would allow spies to take the sticky cameras from a bit higher places if the spy is tall enough.....wouldn't they?

Also speaking of which, I hope in PS we won't get that useless and irritating window of:

New Cam
Previous Cam
Exit

:/ Or atleast make it in a new keybind or something :P

knooger

There is a lot keys on keyboard so I don't think so that's a problem :P

frvge

Our custom input system can do that.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.