Main Menu

Visual Effects

Started by frvge, May 02, 2011, 06:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

Grenades definitely have smoke Agent, maybe not as thick, but they definitely give out smoke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka7CJOBvpWc  C-13 Fragmentation Grenade

Reason is, even on concrete the shockwave is powerful enough to blast the ground into dust.

Farley4Fan

Not bad.  I feel like it should be a bit more concussive but I like the somewhat mini-nuke look.

Question: Phospho nades.  Are they gonna make it into PS?

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

I know its work in progress but I do feel that the gernade needs more velocity to it  because it
looks like the spy gun .

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Quote from: frvge on May 18, 2011, 08:51:08 AM
not planned.

What about the sound? For some reason it does not suite the metallic banging on the floor, maybe more of a...heavy plastic of somesort or steel?

frvge

Quote from: AgentX_003 on May 18, 2011, 09:00:37 AM
I know its work in progress but I do feel that the gernade needs more velocity to it  because it
looks like the spy gun .

It IS the Spy gun's properties hacked into the Merc's tavor.

What about the sound? For some reason it does not suite the metallic banging on the floor, maybe more of a...heavy plastic of somesort or steel?
We only have 1 sound thusfar. Again: only comment on the VISUAL effect.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Agent, not to sound like an ass, but it's gRenade not geRnade.

Sad news on the phos grenade, but oh well.  It's not like it can't be implemented later if you guys feel inclined.  Just take the smoke effect and make it transparent/green and you already have the visual for it.  The only real work would be creating the other effects phos has.

B1nArY_001

Quote from: AgentX_003 on May 18, 2011, 12:50:55 AMand the gernade doesn't blink fast enough / on both sides of the gernade.

Shall we give the grenade a glow in the dark flag that pops out after it lands and says "HEY DUMMY I'M A GERNADE!", Maybe a nice soothing female voice too, like a GPS... Grenade, next left.

I think if anything the blinking should be slowed down. The fact that it has LEDs is more than enough to make it possible to pinpoint the location in a dark room.

comicsserg

hahahah right :D GPS voice FTW!!!!! :D kidding

I think you right

DreadStunLock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytu2AG7HwQk&feature=related

By the way, what about the flashbang effect? I noticed that in movies and in real life the flashbang seems to do a lot more noise, it doesn't seem like it's actually doing a heavy flash effect?

I know it blinds people definitely, but not in such graphical way like it does in versus, cause in versus you can actually see the prop giving out a huge light arc even when it misses.

knooger

Quote from: DreadStunLock on May 20, 2011, 03:53:06 PM

By the way, what about the flashbang effect? I noticed that in movies and in real life the flashbang seems to do a lot more noise, it doesn't seem like it's actually doing a heavy flash effect?

I know it blinds people definitely, but not in such graphical way like it does in versus, cause in versus you can actually see the prop giving out a huge light arc even when it misses.
Do you really want to lose your hearing because of game? What about that I'll throw flashbang into your room twice per minute?
In real life it's making a lot of noise and hurts your eyes by bright bang. Magnesium ( or some mix of it ) used in them is burning very quick with such a light and sound effect.

Btw. Flash in SC DA is nice IMO.  ;)

@comicsserg
I'm talking about merc flashed effect.

comicsserg

Quote from: KnoogeR on May 20, 2011, 07:02:32 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on May 20, 2011, 03:53:06 PM

Do you really want to lose your hearing because of game? What about that I'll throw flashbang into your room twice per minute?
In real life it's making a lot of noise and hurts your eyes by bright bang. Magnesium ( or some mix of it ) used in them is burning very quick with such a light and sound effect.

Btw. Flash in SC DA is nice IMO.  ;)
plus it makes a lot of smoke too

DreadStunLock

Sigh* Knooger you went into the wrong went.

I meant that the flash on versus is not realistic cause real life flash doesn't have a white/blue plate looking thing after it falls on the floor -.-

That's why I am hoping that the new flashbang will have something like, the prop after exploding it bounces at very fast speed around the area for few seconds and leaves smoke around the area as well.

Farley4Fan

From what my friend says (he has been flashbanged, lol) it is more of a shocking thing than a blinding thing.  Sure it's super bright for a second but the sound coupled with the sudden brightness made him wince and close his eyes.  Of course the brightness may have burned his retinas, but the effect in CT is exaggerated.  Imagine staring at the sun for a super long time and imagine the sun is twice as big (from the range he saw it, that's what he described).  So yeah, it's exaggerated.  That's fine with me though, it's more of a gameplay thing.

What about getting flashbanged while using NVG?  It should blind the shit out of you at least until you turn it off.  Sure there may not be a real important gameplay-related reason to do it, but those who appreciate realism will appreciate the effect I'm sure.