Community Moderators, nominations

Started by frvge, May 15, 2011, 06:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Quote from: Spekkio on May 15, 2011, 09:57:38 PM
Cross post from other thread...

It seems like your motivation for this is to shirk responsibility for poor moderation or clandestine use of ban privileges. "The Ps team didn't ban you, the mod did. We're innocent." Sorry, it doesn't work like that. You (the PS team) are responsible for your site policies and who you select to enforce those policies. You may not physically click the ban button, but when a mod bans a member you banned him, too.

I guess my point is that I don't see the point of appointing a non-dev member as a mod unless you all are too overwhelmed to keep up with the forums.

Hey Spekkio,

You make a point, let me try to answer it:
"It seems like your motivation for this is to shirk responsibility for poor moderation or clandestine use of ban privileges."
The direct cause is in the thread you cross-posted from: people want more active moderation. I'm personally for a lenient approach, mostly because I dont think Ubi's harsh ways worked. My personal way is too lenient according to some, which is why I appointed Binary as an extra mod. However, he's busy with work and PS and has too little time to make a big difference. We need to strike a balance between leniency and strict rules. With people on both sides of that line, we can get closer to the balance. Self-reflection is one of my fortes, so when I sense people are unhappy about me or my work, I try to find a way to make it better overall, even if that means appointing someone who is against something that I'm for.

I have no idea where you get Clandestine use of ban priviledges from. We've been accountable in the past, and we will in the future. We're IMO pretty transparent in most things and with community member involvement in the mod-team, you guys have an extra way in, besides me being available on Steam, xfire , Twitter MSN... Try contacting a random Moderator from a random game via those ways. I doubt you'll find many.

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Spekkio

Sorry for the confusion: I didn't say that mods on THIS forum use clandestine banning; it just sounded like one of the main reasons behind getting a non-dev mod was to avoid disdain toward PS devs for it if it were to happen.

PS I really don't like that Agent and I get voted by the same people.
PPS With your description, I'd be a poor choice (although it looks like Knooger is winning, anyway). I'm going to be out to sea for a good portion of the year and I am of the more lenient mindset, so I would not be able to spend the time moderating nor add the diversity to the mod team that you want.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Spekkio on May 15, 2011, 10:03:52 PM
Quote from: Farley4Fan on May 15, 2011, 09:59:09 PM
I'd say either Frvge or Binary.  Maybe both.
They are both associated with the PS dev team and already have mod privileges. Frvge is the forum admin

orlynowai?

(twas kidding spek haha)

DreadStunLock

So who is nominated? The title is changed?

frvge

Quote from: DreadStunLock on May 16, 2011, 01:45:43 AM
So who is nominated? The title is changed?
X-factor could be seen as AgentX factor, so I made the title more neutral.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cronky

I'm not sure why, but I'll go with Knooger also. Seems to be the popular vote right now, so why not.

Him, or VenomousNinja. Still respect the attempt Venomous did at actually doing something with the community while information on PS was quite light. It's a shame no one really went along with it. ...Perhaps that's not a good reason to go on for someone that needs to enforce rules and standards, BUT, I never said I had a good reason in the first place.

or Farley... (Seems unbiased enough to have good judgement. Plus HILARIOUS ;))

... or Cat Battleship (Through all the sarcasm, there is usually a good point in what he says)

... or Spekkio (Because even when I think he's wrong, he's usually right, and then I feel dumb)

... or Dread AND Agent, both with veto power over the others actions.

(If I missed anyone then it's just because I couldn't think of a story to remember you by. Might want to work on that.)

I think I broke half the rules set out at the beginning, so I'm done here.

(again I am confused about the placement of topics on the forum. This is PS business, right? Shouldn't it be in Public Discussion... where people are supposed to take stuff serious? General just seems a little too... General and or Off-Topic. Thus, rule breaking (for good reason, I believe) as a sign of rebellion!)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

DreadStunLock

Yeah, make us both moderators and see us deleting each others posts.

@Frvge, good thinking.

NeoSuperior

I would never ever trust either Agent nor Dread as mods... the reason? HMMMM LET ME THINK:

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 04, 2014, 10:56:30 AM[EDIT: SHUT UP AGENT!]

-last edited by: DreadStunLock xx.xx.xxxx xday at xx:xx

Quote from: DreadStunLock on July 05, 2014, 09:58:33 AM[EDIT: I at least use my brain, sir!]

-last edited by: AgentX_003 xx.xx.xxxx xday at xx:xx

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 05, 2014, 05:29:50 PM[EDIT: use your brain? you just troll around like an idiot. hahaha]

Quote from: DreadStunLock on July 06, 2014, 01:45:13 PMI am stupid

Well... i hope you get what i mean  ;)

so definitly:

KnoogeR
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

AgentX_003

Quote from: Meister_Neo on May 16, 2011, 08:01:59 PM
I would never ever trust either Agent nor Dread as mods... the reason? HMMMM LET ME THINK:

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 04, 2014, 10:56:30 AM[EDIT: SHUT UP AGENT!]

Quote from: DreadStunLock on July 05, 2014, 09:58:33 AM[EDIT: I at least use my brain, sir!]

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 05, 2014, 05:29:50 PM[EDIT: use your brain? you just troll around like an idiot. hahaha]

Quote from: DreadStunLock on July 06, 2014, 01:45:13 PMI am stupid

Well... i hope you get what i mean  ;)

so definitly:

KnoogeR

You truely under estimate me , that is quite the shame. That is fantasy , not reality of what would happen.
Some things are better left unsaid , and that's all I will say for the moment.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Farley4Fan

And it's back to being funny again.

New topic:  Someone needs to be designated to delete agent/dread feud posts as long as they aren't entertaining/funny.  Agent's post above would count as being hilarious, because it's so ridiculously serious.

Quote from: Cronky on May 16, 2011, 01:05:17 PM

<3!

I nominate Cronky out of sheer and infinite love.  Plus, he's super objective and reasonable.  I feel, if given power, our wildest dreams would come true.  Perhaps, if someone else is chosen for this mod duty, Cronky should be the designated Agent/Dread feud guy I described earlier in this post.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Farley4Fan on May 16, 2011, 11:43:11 PM
And it's back to being funny again.

New topic:  Someone needs to be designated to delete agent/dread feud posts as long as they aren't entertaining/funny.  Agent's post above would count as being hilarious, because it's so ridiculously serious.

Quote from: Cronky on May 16, 2011, 01:05:17 PM

<3!

I nominate Cronky out of sheer and infinite love.  Plus, he's super objective and reasonable.  I feel, if given power, our wildest dreams would come true.  Perhaps, if someone else is chosen for this mod duty, Cronky should be the designated Agent/Dread feud guy I described earlier in this post.

that wasn't a joke at all , I don't know where you find the humor in that of the content that has been posted.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Martin, they don't take us seriously you dummy. Hell I don't, none of the developers do, and I think unless you start using correct grammar and spelling, noone ever will.

Cronky

Quote from: Farley4Fan on May 16, 2011, 11:43:11 PM
Cronky should be the designated Agent/Dread feud guy I described earlier in this post.

I accept this position. I make will make Agent and Dread tremble in their loins at the thought of bickering at each other.

THEIR LOINS I SAY!!!

;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky